We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 17:42

I bought all the 89p games because you know 89p for a game and most reviewed fairly well by NLife as well.

This weeks eShop is nothing great apart from some deals like Tekken Tag for £6.29 or Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition for £4.79 if you own another selected indie title.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 17:56

I'd suggest youse have a look for yourselves:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/nintendo_download_15th_january_europe

Much better than "nothing great"
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 18:02

That's the same list I've seen there is nothing great there no new eShop game part from some Tennis game, The VC games aren't anything special either. Same with the discounts on a retail front all the rest apart from tekken maybe one piece are awful.

So unless your looking at picking up BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, SteamWorld Dig , Teslagrad then it's not great.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 18:20

I think you are being very harsh here Mas, there's quite a few things I'd be interested in picking up in this weeks offerings such as Axelay, 3d afterburner 2, Teslagrad & that Demon's Crest sounds right up my street.

So that's the most games I've wanted in one week of an e shop update since the service started on wii U.

(side note: Yep, I know I've chosen a 3ds game in there too)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 18:27

I might be and it's January, so could be let off a bit but a few weeks ago we had all those GBA VC games come out for instance and Chariot the week just been.

The indie promotion is good and as a few of us do own at least one of them you can get something like Guacamelee that is a really good.

So there is stuff there but it could be far better.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyMon 12 Jan 2015 - 18:46

Axelay is a real temptation - lovely game. It's still unbelievable that the game hasn't been released on the VC up until now. The Indie Promotion is beautiful - Runner2, SteamWorld Dig and Guacamelee! come highly recommended, in ascending order of recommendation. Totally unconfusingly, of course! Suspect
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 17:18

So some indie news Touhou Super Smash is coming to Wii U, Never Alone might be and this rather interesting game which has the same name as a lullaby from a certain series
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:23

So Wii U owners will be able to download some Wii games onto their systems: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/wii_disc_software_heading_to_the_wii_u_eshop Super Mario Galaxy 2 is available right now!

Very much in two minds about this. It's great that people can now access games like Metroid Prime Trilogy (if I've read it right, from January 29th until February 5th you'll be able to download that for a tenner - get on it!) but I would prefer N64 or, better, GC games to be released instead. What do y'all reckon?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 20:10

I was about to make a thread for the Wii downloads, but it's all good here.

It's another case of Nintendo giving me something that I didn't know I wanted. Fair enough, there's not much I'll get (my Wii collection is about 150 games!), but Metroid Prime Trilogy for a tenner goes a long way to justifying the existance of a Wii Virtual Console on Wii U.

I can dream that the online features for Mario Kart Wii will be re-enabled on it's inevitable re-release, can't I?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 20:25

Already have SMG2, have been playing it recently actually. But news of Metroid Prime Trilogy for less than a tenner!? YES PLEASE. I don't want to be paying £60 or more for three games that can be picked up individually for less than £20, just so I can play them on my Wii-U. It would be nice to have the physical copy, but I'm not paying N64 game prices again. Ever. Forsaken - I'm looking at you.

Given that the Nintendo website still says that N64 games are coming to the eshop, and they announced a year ago that DS games were coming, this is either A) really unprofessional practice, not going ahead with announced plans, or B) preparation for a big announcement regarding N64 and DS games later in the year (and then later including Gamecube). It would make the Wii-U the ultimate gaming machine, although they may need to release a Wii-U with a bigger hard drive (Xmas 2015). Then by the time the Wii-U's successor comes around, we may be looking at a powerful piece of kit that can stream the entire Nintendo library via a cloud (which members would pay monthly for). Of course, this would piss off many gamers, and judging by WWE's Network membership numbers, a risky way forward.

Knowing Nintendo, it's probably just option A.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 21:28

ZeroJones wrote:
So Wii U owners will be able to download some Wii games onto their systems: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/wii_disc_software_heading_to_the_wii_u_eshop Super Mario Galaxy 2 is available right now!

Very much in two minds about this. It's great that people can now access games like Metroid Prime Trilogy (if I've read it right, from January 29th until February 5th you'll be able to download that for a tenner - get on it!) but I would prefer N64 or, better, GC games to be released instead. What do y'all reckon?

I think this is a really odd thing for them to do, I would have preferred to see GC games myself but if folk are happy for it then wire in I say & unless something rare (that I don't own) pops up then I might bite but as for now? Nah.

TCK wrote:
I can dream that the online features for Mario Kart Wii will be re-enabled on it's inevitable re-release, can't I?

Doubtful unless Nintendo foot the costs themselves.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 0:12

It's cool as I missed a lot of Wii games and as I've never given Prime a proper go, that's a day one buy for £8.99 for three supposedly great games but all are just VC games so SMG2 you still need a dam wiimote. Kirby I would like to play as that was late to the Wii, I think a lot missed it also interesting to see pandoras tower coming and not last story which I think will add fuel to the rumours that's get a 3D version on the New 3DS.

But like most I would of liked to see N64, Cube & DS games before Wii games, seeing the U can actually play them unlike the retro stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 1:08

You know what? I sort of change my mind I'm going to be all over the Metroid Prime trilogy as I would like to play the first two with a wii remote.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 7:41

masofdas wrote:
But like most I would of liked to see N64, Cube & DS games before Wii games, seeing the U can actually play them unlike the retro stuff.

This is far and away my stance. Still, I never picked up Punch Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1! on the Wii, so I'll likely acquire that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 7:46

gjones wrote:
Given that the Nintendo website still says that N64 games are coming to the eshop, and they announced a year ago that DS games were coming, this is either A) really unprofessional practice, not going ahead with announced plans, or B) preparation for a big announcement regarding N64 and DS games later in the year (and then later including Gamecube). It would make the Wii-U the ultimate gaming machine, although they may need to release a Wii-U with a bigger hard drive (Xmas 2015). Then by the time the Wii-U's successor comes around, we may be looking at a powerful piece of kit that can stream the entire Nintendo library via a cloud (which members would pay monthly for). Of course, this would piss off many gamers, and judging by WWE's Network membership numbers, a risky way forward.

Knowing Nintendo, it's probably just option A.

Well, hopefully not option A - my gut tells me that they just wanted something unexpected to release straight away after the Direct, like how NES Remix came out. The possibility of being able to play games from any of Nintendo's home consoles on the Wii U is one I'd not realised could happen, and it's a brilliant one. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:01

The_Jaster wrote:
You know what? I sort of change my mind I'm going to be all over the Metroid Prime trilogy as I would like to play the first two with a wii remote.

Wait it uses the wiimote, can't I use a classic controller or gamepad in this case actually I would use my Pro U.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 14:00

I don't think so as the Prime trilogy is what we got it place of Japan's new play control versions.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 14:18

Hmm as bloke in GAME said it does and was moaning I'm not going to buy it, if it's wiimote only.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 15:48

I don't know what he's expecting then as it is a wii game Laughing and the controls in Prime: Corruption were great!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:03

No I'm not buying because of the controls as I don't like the Wiimote.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:12

With Jas on this; but then we all know that Mas doesn't like the Galaxies because of their Wiimote integration, and the Primes make much more use of the 'Mote.

As somebody who is terrible at aiming in general, I'm a big fan of pointer shooting controls.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:38

masofdas wrote:
No I'm not buying because of the controls as I don't like the Wiimote.

ahh then you are probably best avoiding most wii VC releases then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 17:50

Well I might finally play Pandora's Tower now.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 20:36

I'd probably rather play the Cube controls versions, but those Metroid Prime games are practically unavailable for non-aristocrats now; so I think I'm gonna grab the trilogy ASAP. I played a *bit* of the first one, got stuck, then something else happened, possibly Double Dash. So... Metroid time.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 20:43

Balladeer wrote:
Still, I never picked up Punch Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1! on the Wii, so I'll likely acquire that.

Punch-Out on the Wii is undoubtedly one of the best remakes there is. Some of the best animation I've ever seen in a Nintendo game, too.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next