We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups

Go down 
+14
Cube
Crumpy Andy
2grundies
Rattlecat
Athrun888
Jimbob
Admin
shanks
The_Jaster
beemoh
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 11:33

There was a time where I'd thought about going for a full N64 collection. Like masofdas, I just wound up with enough games to think that having the full lot won't be out of reach. I've got my N64 collection up to around 170 games now, but it's just stayed around that figure for the last few years. Again, like masofdas, what I'm needing is just the most expensive stuff - and it's way too expensive. I don't want to go to CEX and pay £300 for Starcraft 64, or £190 for Snowboard Kids 2, or £4 for ECW Hardcore Revolution. They're not worth that. 

Most of my collections are probably between 15 and 25 games, certainly with Master System, Dreamcast, Saturn, 360, SNES, PSP and PS4 anyway. That's probably a reasonable size. I've got more PS2, Game Boy, Switch and Wii U games. I've probably got close to a hundred PSone, Mega Drive and GBA games apiece. I'd need to check, but I think I've got more GameCube games that masofdas does (not that it's a competition).  

I'll upload some photos of some of my collection soon.  Thumbs Up!

EDIT: I've got all my Wii U stuff together for a quick photo the now:

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 IMG_20200404_142056888_zpsekxldnxr

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 IMG_20200404_142306430_zpsko9bpbbs

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 IMG_20200404_142427330_zpstl8vytzj 

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 IMG_20200404_142534988_zpswnxduxkf 

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 IMG_20200404_142654335_zpsocipbmqo 

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 IMG_20200404_142742699_zps25nbldi7 

I've got digital copies of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Wii Fit U, Darksiders 2, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2, Rabbids Land and Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth as well. I think I’ve got another Skylanders game somewhere, but I couldn’t be arsed to try find it.

That’s sixty nine games. “Nrice”. lots of digital only games too
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 14:10

Nice, I don't really count digital as I could say I've got 400+ PS4 games and someone like Jim maybe has a big STEAM library which just isn't the same as that physical Wii U collection.

I was going for a full set at one point but I just one day decided to get rid of basically all my Wii U stuff, might have been 2015 or whatever year it was you were mentioning elsewhere that was naff and you went out & got a PS4.

Since then I have picked up Wii U games again as most are cheap now even the good ones, apart from your Project Zero.

Also, the Wii U would be a good one to go for a complete set as (why I was), you've only got 159 physical PAL games (162 if you count the three codes in the box games) with two JoshProd published games coming out if you want to count indie-homebrew stuff as unlike some of my Dreamcast games you need to get the disc for the Wii U from Nintendo where you can use a CD-R or whatever for the Dreamcast to make games, making them more official in a way.

Anyway, why I came to post and saw yours was for my GameCube collection
Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 Img_2024
Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 Img_2025

Even at that size still loads I'd like to get without even thinking about complete set such as Chibi Robo, Kirby Air Ride, Mario Party 6&7, Mario Baseball, Evolution Worlds, Gotcha Force, Pokemon Box, TMNT 1&2, Darkened Skye, Dancing Mario, Naruto, Wario World, Medabots, Summoner, Megaman X, Sonic Riders, Odama, Killer 7, Simpsons Hit & Run, Legends of Wrestling. I could go on and that's just looking at European stuff and I know I wouldn't mind Donkey Konga 3 from Japan or Baten Kaitos Origins from USA.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 19:21

Very nice GameCube collection. There's lots there I've got, and lots I don't. I'm done collecting GameCube, I think - I punted about forty games into Ayrshire Hospice a couple of years ago, but that was just cheap third-party stuff that was clogging up space. I don't see me going back for any of those.

I really like those Japanese GameCube boxes. I've only got one (Beach Spikers, for some reason), but I'd quite like more. I think an order with Genki Video Games might be on the cards...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 18:02

I posted elsewhere that I was getting a bunch of PS2 games coming but as it's almost what will be collection thought I'd put here instead of yesterday I bought thread

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EWx0PziX0AIJmDD?format=jpg&name=small

To get them in a draw, I had to move a few things including my PSP collection which is a tad bigger

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EWx-WrdWsAgatIH?format=jpg&name=360x360
Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EWx-XOoWoAILFec?format=jpg&name=360x360

I feel the PSP is massively underrated and I really hound when I pop into a game shop or whatever look at them more but I can never remember what I have unlike the Cube where I know if I have the game or not if I see it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 12:23

There's lots of places to go with that PlayStation 2 collection. OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is the main place to go though.

I've not thought about The Bouncer in years. Ooft! That was the posterboy for 'style over substance' computer games. It's a playable film - and a really bad one at that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 12:34

I'd likely get Outrun on OG Xbox as it be the best place to play it, why I've mainly gone / will go for exclusives for the PS2.

Bouncer was the game I really wanted out of the bundle I picked up coming of FFVIIR as it's Nomura.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 16:44

I don't know who or what Nomura is, but The Bouncer might genuinely rank as the worst reason ever to start a games collection. Still, Herdy Gerdy is supposed to be quite good!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 16:58

It's just a game I remember having and being on PS2 as well, it's things like Persona 4 and that late PS2 games such as Secret Agent Clank that really interest me.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 21:23

I thought you hated the PS2?

Co-sign the Outrun 2006 addition. Shadow of Memories was a game I bought back in the day purely because it looked a bit like Shenmue - no idea if it is any good today but one I'd be curious to know your thoughts on, mas.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 21:34

Hate is a strong word, it's more dislike or don't really get the love around it as the other three feel have better exclusive games and features.

Still I like games and the PS2 have some I can't get on the other three systems and at the moment I'm in a PS2 mood for some reason.

Also you know I said Outrun will be better on OG Xbox well just looked and it's going for £50+, that yeah PS2 verison might be the one bought as no more than £10.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 22:11

masofdas wrote:
Hate is a strong word, it's more dislike or don't really get the love around it as the other three feel have better exclusive games and features.

Still I like games and the PS2 have some I can't get on the other three systems and at the moment I'm in a PS2 mood for some reason.

Also you know I said Outrun will be better on OG Xbox well just looked and it's going for £50+, that yeah PS2 verison might be the one bought as no more than £10.

Yeah the Xbox one is silly money. I have the PC version downloaded if you need the link - I know you said you were going to be playing some PC games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 22:22

I really should look at emulators etc on PC for stuff like that and Snatcher etc
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 22:37

Outrun 2006 was released on PC - it's just the game, not an emulation. Quite a few SEGA games from the early 2000s were also on PC (Billy Hatcher, Crazy Taxi 3).

Link:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptySat 2 May 2020 - 9:36

This thread gives me an excuse to bring up Rumble Racing, which I can best describe as SSX with cars and a country western soundtrack and running commentary by Wakko from Animaniacs. Scholars agree that it's the best PS2 exclusive. Nomura told me that it's his favourite game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptySat 2 May 2020 - 10:58

gjones wrote:
Outrun 2006 was released on PC - it's just the game, not an emulation. Quite a few SEGA games from the early 2000s were also on PC (Billy Hatcher, Crazy Taxi 3).

Link:

SEGA with a few things were doing things before others as I remember they had a lot of games on PC which is now common for Xbox and Sony dipping toes in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2020 - 12:37

I had to have a move around to get some more VITA games, that I took all my Xbox stuff out, it's now in order but in the process of moving them they ended up like this

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 Eb25otmWoAAd4Ze?format=jpg&name=medium

Doesn't look that many but still 70+ games with nearly them all being playable on the Xbox One. I'd like to get the remaining OG Xbox games that are compatible with the Xbox One before they go up in price which I think they will especially if they look like they might on Series X, can see 360 games as well but I'm less fussed about that system.

Also OG Xbox has stuff like Otogi: Myth of Demons, ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, Dino Crisis 3, Gunvalkyrie, Outrun 2 etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups   Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Collections of your videogames and consoles and setups
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5