We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your computer?

Go down 
+16
Kriken
gjones
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Muss
masofdas
The_Jaster
beemoh
Cube
Axis1500
fronkhead
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 12:16

Any of you PC gamers played The Last Tinker
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 20:00

masofdas wrote:
Any of you PC gamers played The Last Tinker
I've not - I'd not ever heard of it before this post; but I've got to admit I do like the look of it. There don't seem to be many people, outside of Nintendo, who can make adventures "adventurous" without making them "edgy" (I miss the late 90s); I'm curious now.
On that note, Ghost of a Tale.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 22:20

Yeah PS4 has just got Last Tinker and heard it's reminded some people of the old spyro platformers on PS1.

I've heard people call ghost of a tale, rat souls. I hope that's only a timed Xbox platform exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Aug 2014 - 9:00

masofdas wrote:
I've heard people call ghost of a tale, rat souls.
Much to the developers' frustration! They keep saying it's not a big sprawling map of a game; it'll certainly not be Zelda-esque in size, but a bit more toned down. Good enough for me.

Having read some reveiws, it looks like The Last Tinker is "OK i guess *shrug*"

Anyway, sorry, back to the "what have you been playing" topic as opposed to what I'm doing right now which is "name a game you saw"; I'm still working my way through South Park the Stick of Truth. I've only died a few times (therefore = ridiculously easy RPG) and it makes me realise that I'd sort-of just want to hang out with the characters more, rather than an epic plot thing.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Aug 2014 - 13:20

I've been playing System Shock 2, having bought it two Steam sales ago. It's doing a good job of making me worried, if not scared- I've hidden around a corner because I saw a Cyborg Midwife coming and I knew it was going to kick my teeth in more than once.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySat 1 Nov 2014 - 10:26

I've still been meaning to play that ever since I saw it in EDGE's top 100 videogames back in 2007.

Right now I'm "playing" Download Valkyria Chronicles Before It Launches
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 13:10

I just finished A Bird Story. That soundtrack.

Has anyone played To The Moon? I haven't, but I'm interested now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 8:52

fronkhead wrote:

Has anyone played To The Moon? I haven't, but I'm interested now.

Yes! One of the most moving experiences I've had playing a game. It's dirt cheap too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 11:58

Anyone played Darkest Dungeon as everyone seems to banging on about it and that it could be a legit dark horse for GOTY unless we all forget about it as it's early in the year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 15:54

Not played it Mas, but heard good things!

I've been playing Shadowrun Returns - it seems to be cyberpunk XCOM, so it's pretty much a dream game for me. Really interesting world design and the combat is fairly tactical. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 16:07

I wish I had a device capable of playing Shadowrun returns as it looks right up my street, oh same goes for Chaos reborn as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 17:19

I think it's on mobile platforms Jas, and it's not particularly intensive graphically for running it on PC either. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 9:05

PC is out as I use a chromebook, however I do need to look into getting a tablet for games like this though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 10:21

Ah, fair enough! It should work well on tablets though, considering it's a turn-based tactical RPG.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 22:41

Double post, but I've got to gush about how much fun GTA V has been thus far. Rockstar are masters at making a world which feels alive - each NPC seems to live their own lives, and I'm having such a blast living in Los Santos. I don't think I've ever laughed so much playing a videogame - the writing is top notch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 12:25

Good news for PC players, also I think fronk wanted to play it the JRPG classic from the dreamcast Grandia II is coming to steam.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Jul 2015 - 12:37

I've started Kerbal Space Program. I love the idea of the game, and will continue with it, but the tutorials are off-putting. They're really badly written, with terrible punctuation (commas are used to join completely separate sentences together, so you can't always tell if an instruction is the cause or effect of the previous thing), unhelpful jargon (they throw in astronomical terms before the section where these are explained - I'm not a rocket scientist, hence the reason I'm playing this as opposed to working for NASA) and occasionally incorrect instructions (presumably because of the Early Access / Beta development). But hey, I still want to make spaceships.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Jul 2015 - 12:51

I've been playing a good mix of Hearthstone (of course) and Zuma because it was free and Zuma is fun init.

I thought Kerbal was out of early access now. I was pretty interested in it, but I don't play PC enough to justify it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 14:24

Hey I totally forgot about Darkest Dungeon which I posted about which is the kind thing which we should of brought up in the podcast that just been.

Anyway has anyone played Hatoful Boyfriend as it's coming to the PS4, VITA very soon, I heard good things about it back when it came to PC and it sounds very interesting.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 12:23

@Mas - I've a friend who swears Hatoful Boyfriend is bloody brilliant although I have never played it. Darkest Dungeon is great though, once I'm done with Souls/Batman its something for me to try and get through. It's one of those games that really nails it in terms of atmosphere, whilst having a simple yet surprisingly deep and challenging battle/dungeoneering system. Not sure if it's out of early access yet, but I bought it pretty much as it came out and would have recommended it back then as a shining example of early access done right.

@Andyman - I've actually just started to get back into Hearthstone, after having stopped a bit before the Goblins and Gnomes expansion. Really enjoying Arena mode and the occasional Tavern Brawl.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 12:30

I bought Hatoful as it's on a discount at the moment, it's surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 12:38

Isn't it just a pigeon-themed dating sim? Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 12:43

There are other birds but yes pretty much but dating sims, isn't a genre I've really played before and this one maybe due to the theme has been well talked about that I want to see the fuss and likely review on Gintendo.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 12:44

I've still not tried the arena mode in Hearthstone. I'm super stingy with my money because I wanted the single player packs for free. I've lost my way with it a bit of late, I just keep losing Aww!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 13:08

I know what you mean, I've only bought one solitary card pack back in the beta - everything else has been pure free to play. I do quite like the single player stuff, but to buy an entire expansion costs what £20 or so? Way too much. They're pricey on in game gold too. Each time I save I blow it on the instant gratification of an arena run though.

It's worth noting that your first arena run is free, and I find drafting a deck and seeing unconventional opposition decks pretty refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your computer?
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next