We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 16:42

I mailed my votes off at lunchtime, but they're still in my outbox. Think I might try sending them again, unless you've just logged back into the forum for the first time this afternoon, Jay?

EDIT

Looks like they've just gone through. Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 16:59

Yep, just logged in recently. Got them! Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 17:58

Okay, a little early, but doubt anyone else is going to vote this week, so let's hop to it!

Thanks to the 10 people who voted this week, a little down on last week but with a sparse couple of genres it's not a big surprise.

Fifth Place -
Spoiler:

Fourth Place -
Spoiler:

Third Place -
Spoiler:

Second Place -
Spoiler:

And the Mario Party Protective Glove Award for Best Sports or Minigames Game goes to...

Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions (games voted by more than one person are in italics, games which were someone's first choice are in bold, game which were voted by more than one person and were someone's first choice are in red)

Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions:

Spoiler:

That wraps up week 3! Next week it's Adventure games! Think Zelda, think Castlevania (in the Metroidvania style) and so on! Happy voting chaps!

Last edited by JayMoyles on Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 18:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 18:44

Feel the Magic is the same game as Project Rub, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 18:48

Dammit, it is. This changes some things. Whyyyyy? Aww!

EDIT: All fixed now. Stupid games, with their five different titles in every bloody region grumble grumle... Sulk 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 19:27

It took me a while to remember the European name for Feel the Magic when I sat down and tapped my votes out. Both names are a bit weird, but they both make sense in a way. Laughing It's interesting to note that not one person voted for its sequel, The Rub Rabbits...

I had absolutely no idea what to expect for the remaining four this week, though I was pretty certain that WarioWare: Touched was going to make the top slot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 20:29

Wahey! Thanks Jay! (Although I will also point out that I changed the DDMS dishonourable to "other". I mean, er, I would have done if I'd ever played it. And made a dishonourable mention for it this week. Ahem.) A good showing for WW, and a surprising one for PES6: glad there were some good sports games on the DS. And by "some", I apparently mean "two".

Right, I need help with this week. I can remember exactly four action-adventure games I've played (three good, one bad): I'm sure I've played more than that, but can't remember them. And Metacritic only lists "adventure", which is point-and-click stuff. So any lists, ignoring Castlevania and Zelda, would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 21:10

Great work guys, nice to see the love for Wazza. I didn't get a vote in as I don't really have any strong opinions on minigames or sports. For my money, though, the best examples on DS were on Mario 64 and NSMB.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 21:29

Those were pretty great. Better than my second place (XX/XY), anyway.

Stu_the_great wrote:
It's interesting to note that not one person voted for its sequel, The Rub Rabbits...

Check again, Stu. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 22:15

Balladeer wrote:
Those were pretty great.  Better than my second place (XX/XY), anyway.

Stu_the_great wrote:
It's interesting to note that not one person voted for its sequel, The Rub Rabbits...

Check again, Stu. Razz 

Ah.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptySun 14 Jul 2013 - 23:12

So glad PES 6 took second spot, I was expecting it not to place at all. (I might boot that up to see how its aged)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 7:08

Stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

Check again, Stu. Razz 

Ah.

Laughing

Just to clarify, that wasn't me. It got panned in NGamer and I never got that far in the first one, so I didn't pick it up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 10:20

These last two votes, games I Winky Face voted for have made the top 5's quite easily which is surprising seeing the DS has a huge library. Might be very different though this week.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 13:24

Still struggling with my list for this week.  I may have to cop out and do just four, which is a shame because it was my favourite genre on the Wii.

Interestingly, Wikipedia lists both Hatsworth and Chinatown Wars as act-adv.; CW is definitely too much MAN to go in any other week, but I am wondering now if I didn't make the wrong call on Hatsworth.  You probably spend more of the game killing enemies than you do jumping about.  Thoughts, Stu 'n' Andy (and anyone else who's played the game)?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 13:26

This is the hardest voting week across the Wii and DS threads I've had to think about yet. I can debate with myself about genre classification all day, but the fact is that I won't be able to reasonably vote for five adventure games on the DS. I've got two, one of which has already cropped up in another top five, and another which prompted debate in the Wii thread.

I'll be honest: I'm coming to find that the DS hasn't got nearly as strong a library (all-around) that others seem to think. Take way all it's RPGs, Puzzlers and Platformers, and the system starts to fall apart. Just my opinion, natch.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 13:46

Kinda surprised some people here seem to be struggling to come up with five this week. I can think of 8 or 9 picks just straight off my head.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 13:53

Phillips wrote:
I'll be honest: I'm coming to find that the DS hasn't got nearly as strong a library (all-around) that others seem to think. Take way all its RPGs, Puzzlers and Platformers, and the system starts to fall apart. Just my opinion, natch.

Depends how much you like RPGs, I suppose.  I imagine that Silver and I are finding it much stronger than you do.  

My votes are in.  I've got five if Hatsworth counts, but one is utter mince.  Silver, how many do you have minus Zelda and Castlevania?  Would you like to do some campaigning?  Might help jog my memory.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 14:44

Balladeer wrote:
Phillips wrote:
I'll be honest: I'm coming to find that the DS hasn't got nearly as strong a library (all-around) that others seem to think. Take way all its RPGs, Puzzlers and Platformers, and the system starts to fall apart. Just my opinion, natch.

Depends how much you like RPGs, I suppose.  I imagine that Silver and I are finding it much stronger than you do.  

My votes are in.  I've got five if Hatsworth counts, but one is utter mince.  Silver, how many do you have minus Zelda and Castlevania?  Would you like to do some campaigning?  Might help jog my memory.

Well, besides the obvious Zelda and (should be in all your votes in some way at least) Castlevania picks, i was thinking of the two Megaman ZX games, Okamiden and Solatorobo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 15:05

Thanks for those. They... don't help me at all. Meh Oh well, fingers crossed for Hatsworth...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 15:49

Lunar knights is an adventure game, right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 16:03

I thought of it as an RPG, but given its lack of proper "towns" and its real-time combat (and its infuriating insta-death falling) it could be adventure.  Although I am biased...  Anyone else want to submit a view?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 18:57

Phillips: Any votes are appreciated mate, even if you can't muster up five.

Jaster: It's an Action-RPG, which pedants could argue Zelda falls into, but it has levelling up... I'd put it adventure, anyone else want to chip in?

Balla: Henry Hatsworth then... let's put it to the forum.

Okay all, please check the opening post for the debate section, we have issues to iron out!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 19:08

What's with all the negativity about Star Fox Command? It was the best game in the series!
Gotta hand Wario this weeks, it was a beautiful game. I didn't think much about PES 6 compared to FIFA'05 which I'd also played and thought was much better.

As for Hatsworth it's a platformer, nothing adventurous about going from left to right.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 20:31

andyman949 wrote:
What's with all the negativity about Star Fox Command? It was the best game in the series!

Woah woah woah there cowboy. Over Starfox 64?!

Also, +1 for Hatsworth as a platformer. Another other calls?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 20:37

I really don't care for 64, it's kind of boring. I'd forgotten that I wasn't a fan until I played the 3D remake where I played it once and didn't want to go back to it. I know there's loads of levels I've missed out on but I'm not that bothered.

With Command I went back and did every level for every ending. I loved seeing how the story changed, I loved the tactical view and I loved using all the different characters.

I liked Adventure though, but I don't count that as a proper SF obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 8 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next