We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 20:54

Have it your way. I agree it's not a straightforward case. (Also, since when can't adventures be 2D? That's crazy talk.) I do have another contribution now...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 20:58

Adventure games can be 2D, nobody can deny Super Metroid is. I meant Henry doesn't really have any exploration as it's just moving from left to right. There's no other options unless I'm mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 21:10

I guess it's more a platformer/beat-em-up(/puzzle). Never mind: all is well, so long as LK stays adventure.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 21:35

I'm basing my vote on the idea that all adventure games are linked by the exploration of space and the use of/problem solving with items in order to further progress. It's the broadest category in this vote, but unfortunately one that I can only contribute a maximum of four games toward...all of which would likely cause the most active people in this thread to go mental. "Have it your way" indeed!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 7:30

That means Phoenix Wright, doesn't it? Which everyone else is going to put in "other"? I've never played Phoenix Wright, though, so I'm off the hook for this one. Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 7:57

Yeah, I'd lump Phoenix Wright in as "other". It's very much in the same vein as Hotel Dusk, which I wouldn't lump in with action/adventurey titles like Zelda and Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 10:32

Balladeer wrote:
Thanks for those.  They... don't help me at all. :meh:Oh well, fingers crossed for Hatsworth...

I'd call Hatsworth more of a scrolling beat-'em-up with puzzle elements (which doesn't help one bit), though it does have a continuous story with a twist at the end, so I guess it could be loosely classed as an adventure...

Phoenix Wright is classed as 'other'? Hmm. Pity I've never played Okamiden.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 11:23

I've got 6, but two of them I would say are more action-rpgs but more on the action side, and one other some might think is a platformer. But I don't want to tell you what they are as it might spoil my vote.

Also whats happening with pokemon when it come to rpg week, no one seemed to answer.
Same with likes of nintendogs is that other, and what about another code as it says unique adventure in a review I've just seen but is a bit like a hotel dusk etc so is that other as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 11:28

I'd say that each pair of Pokémon games should count as one, but that there enough differences between (say) Diamond/Pearl and Platinum to consider them separately.  

I believe I mentioned Nintendogs when I first suggested that "other" be split out.  Another Code seems other-ish to me as well. EDIT: Fair point made by Andyman below. It's another "could be either", but I think it's more puzzle-focussed whereas HD is more story-focussed.

I think some of the confusion probably arises from the difference between "adventure" and "action-adventure".  "Adventure" is more your point-and-click stuff, so that's where the Phoenix Wright thing comes from.  AC and HD both fall under that umbrella as well.  Whereas what I meant in the Wii week was action-adventure, and I assume that's what Jay's expecting here too.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 11:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 11:39

Pretty sure we dealt with Another Code under puzzle already.

Why has nobody played Okamiden?! It's possibly better than Okami!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 13:17

andyman949 wrote:
Why has nobody played Okamiden?! It's possibly better than Okami!

A mixture of my dislike of Okami and my dislike of unsealing relatively obscure games has kept me from playing it.

Another Code was under puzzler, apparently, and I didn't vote for it because I felt sure it was an adventure/mystery type thingy. Ho-hum.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 13:30

Stu had Okami down as one of his least favourite Wii games, the scoundrel. DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 13:43

Another Code went under puzzle. Ace Attenory and Hotel Dusk i had thought were going to go with the other visual novel-alikes in other, iirc.

Kinda thinking now Jay should've made a clear line here and seperated your "novel mystery adventures" and "action adventures" apart somehow instead of just going "adventure week!" but oh well.

Also, Okamiden is awesome and i detest you whoem would state it otherwise =|
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 17:32

Ohh dam I would of voted for another code in puzzle, but like I said review etc said unique adventure. I would say personally it's point and click like hotel dusk etc so I was going to leave for other.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 17:43

Jay, seeing as AC:DM didn't place, is there any objection to letting it run for other?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 18:21

Hate this idea that 'we're having' a certain game in a certain week. Bollocks to that. Were this still my thread idea, I'd have simply let folks put games where - aided by an explanation, of course - they wanted! A Sonic game (not that Chronicles one) would be in my vote this week, and I'm happy to share why if anyone's asking.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 19:16

Balladeer wrote:
I'd say that each pair of Pokémon games should count as one, but that there enough differences between (say) Diamond/Pearl and Platinum to consider them separately.

Yeah, a vote for Platinum would be added to the same pool as Diamond and Pearl, so lumping them all together as one will save me a load of hassle.

Silver light wrote:

Kinda thinking now Jay should've made a clear line here and seperated your "novel mystery adventures" and "action adventures" apart somehow instead of just going "adventure week!" but oh well.

Yeah, definitely going to clarify that.

It's action-adventure week, as opposed to novel mystery adventures and point and click adventures. I'd have hoped mentioning Zelda would have helped people know what I was aiming for, but it was my own fault for not being clear. I'll update the OP to reflect this.

Balladeer wrote:
Jay, seeing as AC:DM didn't place, is there any objection to letting it run for other?

Nah, that's fine. Basically, any game that didn't place in the top 5 of a week can be revoted for, so long as it makes sense in that genre. No point voting for Meteos Disney in the platforming week or anything. Razz 

Phillips wrote:
Hate this idea that 'we're having' a certain game in a certain week. Bollocks to that. Were this still my thread idea, I'd have simply let folks put games where - aided by an explanation, of course - they wanted! A Sonic game (not that Chronicles one) would be in my vote this week, and I'm happy to share why if anyone's asking.

Okay, figured I'd address this. I've nothing really against giving people free reign to vote wherever they want, but the reason I'm not is because if, for example, you vote for Phoenix Wright this week but nobody else does as they're waiting till the "other" week, then it's causing extra hassle for me that a game that won't even place in the top 5. It is a genre-based vote, and I totally understand that different games crossover different genres, but it makes sense to try and classify the games into one genre so that it can get a good showing, save me the issue of putting in votes for games that won't place in a certain week, and it just makes everything easier to be honest! By all means, if you fancy taking the reins for the next big voting thread then we'll rock by your rules. But for now, I'll be keeping it like this.

Of course, if you've got an argument for a game to place in a certain genre, then please please mention now so it saves hassle down the road.

Phew. Hope that's everything for now chums!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 0:03

Only have 3 games to vote for this week hmmm...surely I'm missing something obvious.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 9:40

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Yeah, a vote for Platinum would be added to the same pool as Diamond and Pearl, so lumping them all together as one will save me a load of hassle.

Wait, that's not what I said!  While DP are practically the same game, and deserve to be put in a vat, I think that Platinum has changed sufficiently from DP to deserve a separate vote.  Certainly DP will be getting a dishonourable from me, whereas Platinum (which admittedly I barely played) came across much more favourably.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 13:43

Hmmm, see, I'd be inclined to lump them all together as at their core, they're all essentially the same game, right? Someone else care to chip in to help solve this for us?
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 13:54

Agree with balla, according to serebii there are many differences between D/P and plat. And platinum is a good deal better with the alterations made so it'd be a shame not to recognise it as such: http://www.serebii.net/platinum/changes.shtml
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 14:07

Okay doke, that link convinced me!

So, when it comes to RPG week we'll be taking votes for a) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, b) Pokemon Platinum, c) Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, d) Pokemon Black/White and e) Pokemon Black 2/White 2. Phew.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 19:06

Works for me! Platinum could easily be a top five game for me, whereas Diamond and Pearl would get the wooden spoon award.

At least everyone can agree that Spirit Tracks is shite, yes? Winky Face

Soooo... Does Hatsworth qualify for this week? I reckon so, personally.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 20:09

Nope, it gets platformed. Anything to help Yoshi's Island DS not place is good in my book.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 20:14

Yeah, as Balla says, Hatsworth will be a platformer! And I do agree that if it helps in Yoshi's Island DS not placing, that is indeed A Good Thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 9 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next