We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 2:58

I asked waaaay back on page one where people would like games like Hotel Dusk and Phoenix Wright to go, and people opted for them to go into this category.

They aren't puzzlers, they aren't action/adventure games like Zelda and your ilk and they're closer to interactive novels than all else, so they went here. It's too late, regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 6:56

The difference between adventure and action-adventure is a huge one, and it wasn't one I made clear in my voting thread. Hence the presence of Ace Attorney in that week. This time around, though, Jay did definitely change it to action-adventure when this was brought up. So they don't fit into any of the other genres, so they go into "other"! Even though, of course, they have a genre of their own.

Seems like I've made things much easier for myself by not picking up any of the lawyer sims. I still want to though! (Anyone know if the Phoenix Wright collection thingy is out on iOS yet?)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 7:30

Yeah It's been out for a couple of months
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 18:22

Is that available on Android too by any chance? Also, wasn't there an issue with the resolution being pretty shonky on the iOS version too?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 1:52

Not sure if out on Android, and yeah people were going on about how they don't like how it looks,but to me it's fine
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 20:29

Silver light wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Yes!  Pollon-Pollon gets his time in the spotlight.  Thanks, Jay!  (And who else voted for Luminous Arc?  More due to my lack of other strategy games than anything else, it got my second place.  I probably should have acquired FF Tactics.)
That would 'prolly have been me >_>

I get the very depressing feeling i'm going to be the only one voting for the excellent 999 this week...
I loved 999, though not enough to play it the 10,000 times intended to get all the endings. (Apparently I got the 'true' ending on my first attempt)

Good to see that someone other than me loved Ninja Town last week! Good taste, people. Good taste. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 20:45

Phillips wrote:
Jimbob knows the score.
My argument to Jay was actually "but Phillips said it was OK".

Well, I know what I'll vote for this week! Five entries, four of which will be in the wrong category again.

1: Mario Kart DS...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 21:28

Stu_the_great wrote:
Silver light wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Yes!  Pollon-Pollon gets his time in the spotlight.  Thanks, Jay!  (And who else voted for Luminous Arc?  More due to my lack of other strategy games than anything else, it got my second place.  I probably should have acquired FF Tactics.)
That would 'prolly have been me >_>

I get the very depressing feeling i'm going to be the only one voting for the excellent 999 this week...
I loved 999, though not enough to play it the 10,000 times intended to get all the endings. (Apparently I got the 'true' ending on my first attempt)
I...doubt this, considering you need two playthroughs at least to see the true ending....xD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 21:32

I'm only going by what Fronkhead told me when I told him which ending I got. Incidentally, I totally can't remember which ending I got. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 21:51

You can go down the true ending path but it comes up with a to be continued if you didn't have the Safe ending.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 14:45

My votes are in! Pretty straightforward week for me this week. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 18:41

JayMoyles wrote:
RESULTS OR RIOT

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 Simpsons-Angry-Mob
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 18:50

Howdy chums! It's that time again - results time! RIOT AVERTED!

Thanks to the 8 friendly souls who voted this week. Smile 

Fifth Place -
Spoiler:

Fourth Place -
Spoiler:

Third Place -
Spoiler:

Second Place -
Spoiler:

Also Second Place -
Spoiler:

And the Tom Nook Golden Bell Award for Best "Other" game on DS goes to...

Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions (games in italics were voted for by more than one person, games in bold were somebody's first choice and games in red were both somebody's first choice and voted for by more than one person)

Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions

Spoiler:

And that's it for another week! Next week is a big one - it's RPG Week. Do your best to sift through the large RPG library on DS, and make sure to vote for The World Ends With You. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 19:08

A good list, surprised how many people also liked another code.

I will be sending my RPG list soon.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 19:13

I've been waiting for this! /akihiko
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 19:40

(doesn't vote for TWEWY on purpose) Winky Face 

Voting numbers aside (where is everyone?), a good week! All the better because Hotel Dusk came first (unlikeable characters? There's KYLE FLIPPING HYDE. No one else required), although I'm surprised that only I voted for Last Window. It wasn't that much worse. Poor old CiNG. Sad 

RPGs, eh? I'm expecting Silver's PM to be the size of a small truck and crash the entire forum. It'll be hard for most people (including me) to pick out a top five, that's for certain. At least I've got my dishonourables all set...

Bet you I know who wrote the FSaR comment. Surprised he didn't call it "mince"...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 19:48

I just sent my RPG vote, I only just manged 5 which shows how often I played a DS when the best genre on the console and I can just get 5 which includes a game most will say is dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 20:06

Oh, yes, i'm also very disappointed with you all for not voting for 999 Evil or Very Mad 

My RPG pm prolly won't be massive, i'm too lazy for that xD
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 20:32

Mine was pretty massive.  Had a whopping SIX dishonourables as well, although frankly the Pokémon compulsory tutorials deserve a big wet dishonourable all of their own.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 22:00

Silver light wrote:
[color=#339933]Oh, yes, i'm also very disappointed with you all for not voting for 999 Evil or Very Mad 
999 was my third choice! Grin 

~~~

Alright, who voted for Hotel Dusk? As much as I like CiNG, I really couldn't get into the setting or the lead character. Soz. And I cannot believe I forgot to vote for Viva Pinata. Duh! 

Comment of the week again for me. Dance 

TWEWY is a very strong contender and likely my first choice, but there are an unbelievable number of RPGs on DS, including at least a thousand Final Fantasy and Pokémon games.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 22:34

Stu_the_great wrote:
Silver light wrote:
Oh, yes, i'm also very disappointed with you all for not voting for 999 Evil or Very Mad 
999 was my third choice! Grin 

TWEWY is a very strong contender and likely my first choice, but there are an unbelievable number of RPGs on DS, including at least a thousand Final Fantasy and Pokémon games.
Unbelievable indeed. I mean, here's a little list of everything that's in contention for a vote from me this week:

Spoiler:

I'm prolly forgetting a few things, too. Needless to say i am pretty darn glad i'm not having to consider SRPGs as well...the compitition is absolutely insane enough as it is.

Also, yay, a fellow 999 voter! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 22:48

Oh yeah, just to clarify - I'm splitting up the Pokemon votes as such: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon Black 2/White 2. Platinum is separate from Diamond/Pearl because a number of folk said they thought D/P was mince compared to Platinum. Any amendments I should make? Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 4:31

Oh RPGs I guess I'll just fire across a big massive dishonourable mentions list Twisted Evil

Last edited by The_Jaster on Mon 19 Aug 2013 - 4:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : RPGs are poopy grind fests)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 7:54

List of RPGs:

Made a few additions to Silver's list to make it more complete.  Mostly DQ, Pokémon, and Mario & Luigi games (discounting the entire M&L series, Silver?  Presumably because the characters don't look anime enough Tongue ), but there's also the underrated (probably because it's ugly as sin) Infinite Space. You're considering voting for GS:DD, though? Your choice, but... Confused 

Stu_the_great wrote:
Alright, who voted for Hotel Dusk? As much as I like CiNG, I really couldn't get into the setting or the lead character. Soz.
I gave it a first place and its sequel a third (after Another Code: CiNG got a good showing from me).  I completely disagree with you, both about Kyle Hyde and about the setting.  Each to their own and all that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:09

Hotel Dusk was in my list too, and the 'unlikeable characters' comment is mine as well. Normally I expect games of that type to have at least one character you can root for but they all seemed to be varying degrees of jerk, with the exception of your contact at the firm.

~

RPG week, you say? This is going to take some pondering. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 16 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next