Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite RPG

Go down 
+22
Buskalilly
OrangeRakoon
nupkin
2becomecarrion
Athrun888
ZeroSuitSamus2
Vidofnir
Darunia
JayMoyles
mandlecreed
shanks
Jimbob
masofdas
rlsniper789
Crumpy Andy
Kezz182
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Silver light
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Favourite RPG - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 20:06

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree with me being in the minority but I know that they're lot of people that think Zelda is Action RPG.

Does it matter even if I think it is and you don't, this is not a vote or anything, I was posting my thoughts on what I! think are 10 great RPGs that aren't JRPGs, maybe you just need to view as 10 great games instead, with the case of let's say Transistor coming to Switch, something you might check out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 21:47

Didn't we end up using the 'wiki rule' for genre debates even outside of voting threads? So with that rule bioshock is an fps, Shenmue 2 is adventure/role playing and Wind waker is action adventure.

As we have discussed many times on this forum (probably too much tbh) debating this get's very messy because each genre of game can have plenty of sub genre's within it, RPG for example has the sub genre of action RPG which you brought up BUT despite it having rpg elements should they be discussed in a thread called 'favourite RPG' ? Going by the reaction to mas' post I'm going to say no.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 21:57

I brought Action RPG and MY Favourite 10 as the previous 10 we're what I'd consider JRPGs as the chat started from them originally.

I don't know if it's a genre debate, like we might have with votes, I've got my views on what and wasn't part of a genre and I'm suddenly not going to say well Wind Waker isn't a Action RPG and it's actually my favourite Action Adventure game as it isn't too me and never will be, this a personal list, which I never wished I posted now, all I wanted to do share was some of my favourite games and like I said keep something like Transistor in people's mind when it comes to Switch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:17

No one has said you can't share or talk about your favourites games, you mention quite clearly in your post they arent traditional rpgs and thats fine but the way you word things sometimes makes it look like you are saying you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Just because you have an opinion and think X game fits into Y genre doesnt mean folk aren't allowed debate said opinion, maybe this particular top ten was just posted in the wrong thread?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:25

What you're saying is how I feel, maybe I've took it all the wrong way but I feel upset as part from Balla, it felt everyone was going your wrong.

Maybe I did post them in the wrong thread but if you saw a thread called favourite RPGs what would you post in there?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:33

Nothing because its a gash genre. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:38

The_Jaster wrote:
Nothing because its a gash genre. Razz

Yeah Monster Hunter and Souls games are pretty gash Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:41

Yup! Games for cucks tbh. Tongue
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 23:09

Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 0:53

JayMoyles wrote:
Hmmm.

Haha well played and obviously I was joking just to lighten the mood of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 8:53

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Hmmm.

Haha well played and obviously I was joking just to lighten the mood of the thread.

Laughing Post of the year.

For the record, I disagree with several of Mas' choices, but I didn't think his tone of post was insistent on these being the right definition.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 21:55

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Hmmm.

I hope you enjoyed my Siegmeyer impression too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 11:18

Laughing Aye I did notice that bit as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite RPG
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8