Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite RPG

Go down 
+22
Buskalilly
OrangeRakoon
nupkin
2becomecarrion
Athrun888
ZeroSuitSamus2
Vidofnir
Darunia
JayMoyles
mandlecreed
shanks
Jimbob
masofdas
rlsniper789
Crumpy Andy
Kezz182
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Silver light
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

Favourite RPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:06

Underwhelming? Lufia on the SNES.

Hateful music, rancid battle system where you couldn't even choose what to hit, pump graphics, and a story so fabulous I can't remember one bit of it Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:17

I liked the original FF, I just had to make sure I had a map on me if I was playing it as well as a guide for obscure clues. The only FF I've ever finished is FF13. Yeah the one everyone complains about is my favourite Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 0:03

FFXIII is actually one of my top 3 favourite Final Fantasy games, so you aren't alone there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 22:25

As anyone who remembers me likely also remembers, I'm one of those TWEWY fanboys, but I also love Earthbound, Mother 3, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy VI.

Balladeer wrote:
Is it time for Balladeer's "Chrono Trigger Is Underwhelming" special again?

...Nah, not yet. It hasn't been long enough between repetitions.

Either I've never seen you talk about this or I hadn't yet played CT when I did, so it didn't register. Could you explain your opinion here? For me? <3
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 7:18

I played it first on the GBA, so not during its golden age; so I don't have the nostalgia factor. I found the battle system music and graphics all serviceable but nothing more, didn't like the fact that you had to play it through multiple times to see everything, and have never liked games where the second half is essentially optional. That's also why I don't like FFVI much.

Other underwhelming RPGs include Paper Mario Sticker Star (great though it is in places), Mario and Luigi : Partners in Time, and Tales of the Abyss (I think? Is that the 3DS one?).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 8:41

Balladeer wrote:
Mario and Luigi : Partners in Time.

I really like this game. I can't put my finger on it - maybe it was because I played it before Superstar Saga, and I know that's a superior game - but I really had a fun time with it. Actually, I've probably beaten it at least three times by now too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 20:21

Oops, meant to reply to that ages ago. I have in fact played all three "Mario and Luigi"s at least twice. PiT is still good, don't get me wrong - just underwhelming compared to SS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 13:26

im totally confused with all these jrpgs, im off to play mass effect (well i cant as i no longer have a 360), maybe in fable lc insted then n xbox
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 13:48

Balladeer wrote:
Oops, meant to reply to that ages ago. I have in fact played all three "Mario and Luigi"s at least twice. PiT is still good, don't get me wrong - just underwhelming compared to SS.

Yeah, that'll be why I enjoyed PiT more than I should have then. SS was a nice treat to go back to after discovering the series. Would you recommend Bowser's Inside Story? I never got around to playing it for some reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 18:25

I would indeed! Although it feels a bit... empty, soulless, compared to the other two. But it's still great, and you get to play as Bowser which is brilliant fun.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 23:27

Balladeer wrote:

Other underwhelming RPGs includeTales of the Abyss (I think? Is that the 3DS one?).

Naughty

Personally I liked Abyss, Especially when compared to the newer Tales releases such as Graceless.
However I hate Mieu, and you couldn't play 4 player on the 3ds so underwhelming is still appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Feb 2013 - 7:51

And the long unvoiced sections with talking heads which you couldn't speed up but needed to read to get the plot/character development, and the boring as flip overworld...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Feb 2013 - 10:48

Talking about underwhelming RPGs, anyone played The Last Remnant? When you need a guide in order to work out how to level up of all things, maybe you should reconsider your game mechanics.
Back to top Go down
ZeroSuitSamus2
Grackler Bait
ZeroSuitSamus2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 19:17

It's gotta be Nier for me. I just love the story, characters and music. I also like Magna Carta 2, the Atelier series, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean and Ar Tonelico.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 20:16

ZeroSuitSamus2 wrote:
Infinite Undiscovery

Is that any good? I'd only heard bad things about, saying it was needlessly complicated.
Back to top Go down
ZeroSuitSamus2
Grackler Bait
ZeroSuitSamus2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 20:20

I really enjoyed it. I didn't have a problem with it Smile I think a couple of times I got completely lost and had no idea where to go but that's all.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 9:35

Xenoblade for me. At the very least it's my favourite rpg from recent times.
Back to top Go down
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 18:36

Xenogears is my favourite rpg that I have actually managed to finish.

Suikoden II is my favourite game that I just cant seem to find the time to finish despite
enjoying everything so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 1:15

Now that we cleared up over in the big wii vote thread that Monster hunter is an RPG, I retract my xenoblade vote & go for MH Tri instead.

No faffing about with a naff story, just fight beasties & upgrade armours/weapons as ye go quite simply the best game ever.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 10:08

I'm a big fan of The Granstream Saga on PS1 @2becomecarrion is currentlu borrowing my copy. The team thatmade granstream did some classic RPGs on the SNES
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 23:11

Do we have any World of Warcraft players? I got addicted to it a few years back to the point where I was up to 4am questing, and I made excuses not to attend social engagements I'd agreed to months before just to play. That would be my favourite RPG, although strictly speaking not on a console, and I have banned myself from playing it ever again!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 0:05

I've never touched WoW on the basis of how addicting it's meant to be. I lost hours and hours to Runescape of all things years back, so WoW would probably claim me forever.
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 14:22

It is ridiculously addictive, and it's also the fact that there are other real people waiting up for you if you want to play together - you can't let them down.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 15:25

Thought I'd give this a MEGABUMP since we're talking about RPGs in the 3DS WHYBP thread.  I'm consistent in my favourites!  So, I've been thinking about my best RPGs top ten.  Here's what I've got, 10th to 1st:

Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies (God this had some problems, but it absolutely made me go "wow" in other places)
Paper Mario
The World Ends With You
Pokémon Black/White
Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Mother 3
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Xenoblade Chronicles
Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door

If Muramasa isn't allowed, due to being quite action-y, tenth place would go to Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. I know this will have aged due to the advancement of the Pokémon series, but the game was excellent in its day.  As they stand, XCX would fit between its predecessor and Muramasa; M&LPJ would fit in between Mother 3 and HGSS.  Still plenty of time for those two to implode.

Interested in other people's! Grin Especially interested in other people's Ninty-console-specific top tens, if you've got 'em.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 15:44

That's a very JRPG heavy list Balla, Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a RPG but I would say more Action-RPG and I see no Zelda in your Top 10 but to me that's a Action-RPG.

I'll have think of my Top 10 JRPG's as that's what we seem to be looking at as my overall one would be dominated by Western-RPG;s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite RPG   Favourite RPG - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite RPG
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next