We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 0:21

The_Jaster wrote:
...with a one life mode?
Obviously. Come to think of it I should probably give the boss attack in OOT3D a go.

I think we'll see a 3rd Zelda game for 3DS and Wii U, what with the first Zelda games on the consoles being remakes.

I realsied in the last few Pokemon games I haven't used the master ball on legendaries so I'm tempted to revisit them just to catch something inccredibly rubbish with a master ball.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2013 - 23:16

It's been almost a year since the Wii U came out in Europe, and Nintendo TVii still isn't available. Fair play, none of us bought the console for it, but...come on. Bloody hell.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 1:44

I just want it to work out of curiousity.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 12:48

Yeah but the GBA only had two with being a remake and the Wii only had two with one being a port, so could be likely that OoT3D & WWHD count as the 1 of the 2 Zelda's.

Another thought the PS3 did finally pass the 360 even with the 360 being cheaper and having a year head-start, so if the PS3 launched at the same time as the 360 & closer to the 360's price, would the PS3 of passed the 360 sooner then it did. So basically what's happening with the Xbone & PS4.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:43

I believe so, Playstation is still the bigger name and most Xbox owners I know tend to be the casual crowd so I can't see them paying more for XB1.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 23:35

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It's been almost a year since the Wii U came out in Europe, and Nintendo TVii still isn't available. Fair play, none of us bought the console for it, but...come on. Bloody hell.
One assumes they knew what they were going to do when they included it. Right? RIGHT? *panics*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 1:22

Jimbob wrote:
One assumes they knew what they were going to do when they included it. Right? RIGHT? *panics*
Surely the headache is getting various European broadcast companies to join up for the service? It all reminds of sky tv deal falling through for 3ds.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 3:43

The_Jaster wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Surely the headache is getting various European broadcast companies to join up for the service? It all reminds of sky tv deal falling through for 3ds.
And that would have been pretty straightforward, too- all the real admin would have been done by Sky, assuming they'd just be porting Sky Go to the system.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:11

Now that Netflix / LoveFilm / Hulu / the other ones are ubiquitous, it seems a bit unnecessary for Nintendo to try and push this. I can't image Sony and MS's console TV plans will do well either.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 20:22

Jimbob wrote:
Now that Netflix / LoveFilm / Hulu / the other ones are ubiquitous, it seems a bit unnecessary for Nintendo to try and push this. I can't image Sony and MS's console TV plans will do well either.
As I understand TVii, it's more aimed at the last few weeks rather than the legacy content Netflix and LoveFilm focus on- and in the UK there's only really YouView that's doing anything regards aggregating the mainstream channels, certainly in a "plugged into the TV" way- although TVCatchup and iPlayer do have web aggregators.

That being said, the search option on the 360 dash does search inside the iPlayer, Channel 4, Channel 5 etc services and lets you jump straight to the show, so there is precedent for 'doing' TVii while still being open to other services.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 20:54

I can gear myself up to pay £120 for a larger version of a console I already own (3DS - 3DSXL last summer) without asking any questions, but I can't motivate myself to pick up a brand new 3G Vita with the two games I want to play most for £140 (Tearaway and LBP, in Play.com's sale). Why is this?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 22:04

I can gear myself up to pay £120 for a larger version of a console I already own (3DS - 3DSXL last summer) without asking any questions, but I can't motivate myself to pick up a brand new 3G Vita with the two games I want to play most for £140 (Tearaway and LBP, in Play.com's sale). Why is this?
Because you don't know what else you'd have after those two?

Also, you can't StreetPass yourself with a Vita.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 22:14

GAME have the VITA down as a PS4 accessorize and PS4/VITA Bundles, I think that show's how they want to try and sell it to PS4 owners. Not on it's on merits.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 10:04

Any psychology degrees/students in the house?

Unrelated: here's a quote from C. S. Lewis that was brought to my attention on CVG, and which I think I may use a lot in future:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 15:10

Balladeer wrote:
Any psychology degrees/students in the house?

Unrelated: here's a quote from C. S. Lewis that was brought to my attention on CVG, and which I think I may use a lot in future:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
So being an adult is a bit like being cool?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 17:08

I've always argued that point. There's nothing mature about pretending not to like Mario because it's "for kids".
Also, yes, I'm a psychology student. I think the fact that the Kid spend so much time on a predominantly Nintendo forum has made him think of buying an XL as inherently acceptable, whereas with the Vita he is actually aware of the money he's spending and the debate as to whether he truly wants it. Also because PlayStation is lame and gay but Nintendo is teh ballz.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013 - 15:48

D'awww.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 1:19

The main thing iI got from that link is that a guy who makes a comic about how much he loves Nintendo games has made the Wii u version of his own game a stretch goal. What a ringpiece.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 9:30

Buskalilly wrote:
The main thing iI got from that link is that a guy who makes a comic about how much he loves Nintendo games has made the Wii u version of his own game a stretch goal. What a ringpiece.
I know what you're saying, but... if you're starting out in game development, you've realistically got to start on a PC or Smartphone. It's the sad truth.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 16:26

I've read the chap's comics, and I'm sure that if he could become a Nintendo developer now, he would.

Fancy a laugh? Go on then - frequent critic of Nintendo Rob Crossley tells CVG to buy the Wii U over the PS4 and X1.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 16:52

He still gets his digs in, but that statistic about how the XBOne has sold in three days has really put into perspective how much the Wii U has bombed at retail. Jesus.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 17:19

I think the lack of marketing was the real issue. My mum and dad didn't even know that the Wii U was a new console, assuming it was "just a new thing for the old Wii", but they were fully aware that the PS4 and Xbox One were brand spanking new consoles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 17:37

A problem which Nintendo still need to fix. Every so often, Iwata makes a speech saying how he understands that the lack of clear marketing has been an issue... and then nothing is done about it. I would hope to see some adverts in the street or on the tube in the run-up to Christmas. Haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 17:56

There was a 3D World ad on one of the screens in the mall near me today.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 18:00

JayMoyles wrote:
I think the lack of marketing was the real issue.
I had read in an interview elsewhere than Nintendo UK had their marketing budget obliterated a couple of years ago. Wish I could remember where. If you're wondering why we're not seeing adverts for Wii Fit U around the clock, that's apparently why.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next