We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 15:42

GTAV might of missed the cut off, also a few of us have brought up about game being dated etc. That's a problem with these list, as someone i was talking to on twitter were on about halo, he said 4 was the best as it's looks the best, refined the game, improved multi player etc I can't argue with that as it's all true over Halo 1 but that did so much more for gaming the Halo 4 will ever do. I think when people do list's like this there should be two as I would replace ocarina of time with wind waker, FF7 with 9 as there better games but also on the other list I'd put likes of wii sports on it because of what it did. Same with the galaxies you all  say 2 is better but 1 redefined the series which is most properly why it's on the list.

Also that's:

6 Multi Platfrom games
4 N64 games
2 PC, PS1, PS2 games
1 PS3, Wii, XBox, SNES

So yet again the N64 is the best.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 21:02

Cube wrote:
You can tell that the readers are pretty young, with none of the great Mega Drive/NES/SNES games appearing
The inclusion of Dark Souls and The Last of Us would further prove that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 2:08

The_Jaster wrote:
Yeah there is DLC coming but given the way the main story ends I don't see a sequel coming, not with the same protagonist anyway.

They seem to have made it in such a way where if they have more stories to tell then it would be via DLC & not direct sequels.
The ending left it very open to a sequel, sure it was a great way to finish it but there's no reason whatsoever they can't use the same characters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 2:48

treesmurf11 wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Yeah there is DLC coming but given the way the main story ends I don't see a sequel coming, not with the same protagonist anyway.

They seem to have made it in such a way where if they have more stories to tell then it would be via DLC & not direct sequels.
The ending left it very open to a sequel, sure it was a great way to finish it but there's no reason whatsoever they can't use the same characters.
It's possible to do stuff with worlds rather than characters- Fallout is story-driven and has managed to do a decent job of doing a number of games in the 'same' world of a post-apocalyptic America trapped in the fifties and actually done so meaningfully, unlike, say Pokémon or Elder Scrolls where each new region is really just a new lick of paint. TLOU, from what I've heard, should be able to make a decent fist of that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 8:39

Well! I just did a lovely write-up of Bike Rider DX, the first endless runner I've spent a decent amount of time with (and it was great) but the Internet swallowed it. Duh! Suffice to say that at £1.99 you get a fair bit of value and fun.

And now I've gone and posted this in the Gaming Thoughts thread and not the Games You've Just Finished thread! Aww!

Last edited by ZeroSouls on Thu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : foolishness)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:20

@jay & @andy

What's with the "NO" comments on goldeneye 64?

That game redefined the FPS genre at the time & I'd say it even has a better mission structure than most FPS games that come out today.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:25

I didn't grow up with it, so it didn't have the same impact on me when I did get round to playing it. It's not aged well, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:35

Its just the controls I have issue with in goldeneye when playing it today, I bet if someone could hook up dual analog controls for it you's would enjoy it.

Also just because something has aged doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be part of a "best of all time" list as generally they have contributed big strides forward in the industry.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:41

I don't know - I've played other so-called industry changing games and regardless of how old they are I really enjoyed playing them and could plainly see why they were revolutionary. With Goldeneye, perhaps because of how inundated the market was with FPS games when I played it, it struck me as average and clunky.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 20:40

The_Jaster wrote:
Its just the controls I have issue with in goldeneye when playing it today, I bet if someone could hook up dual analog controls for it you's would enjoy it.
It can be done with an emulator. GoldenEye has a dual-analogue set-up in the options, it just needs two controllers. So with an emulator, you can set your buttons (all on the same controller) to the relevant controller port.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 22:09

I said the same really as you in my post a few before, goldeneye would be on a list of games that changed the industry but not on so called best game's as there's now better FPSs etc.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 22:38

I'm in a similar boat to Jay, it's something I didn't play it at the time and there are very few FPSs that I've enjoyed so little. Just too aged!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 0:25

Codswallop! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 10:28

The N64 Goldeneye hasn't aged well in terms of control, it's true, but it's so much more fun then Wall-Crouching Turn-Waiter World At War. The Wii version of Goldeneye was a shitload.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 11:16

Yeah, look deeper beyond the surface and Goldeneye is still a great game. I'd sooner go back to it than any of the other FPS'ers on N64 or Wii.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:25

Went into GAME today, they know I'm a nintendo fan asked if I was getting Mario 3D Worlds same time as my PS4 at midnight, which I told them of course. They said you'll like this we've got a few preorders, including someone who's yet to buy a Wii U. They've got him to come in on PS4 midnight launch to pick up his Wii U and he's going to be 1st serviced with him going to hold it up (like you see on the web from other launch's) going this is the only console you need.

I said could I do the same with the Xbox One turn up and buy Zelda 3DS XL, i won't though.

Also seems like LEGO Marvel is going to be doing well on PS4, of what I heard about preorders etc.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 16:28

Cube wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
It can be done with an emulator. GoldenEye has a dual-analogue set-up in the options, it just needs two controllers. So with an emulator, you can set your buttons (all on the same controller) to the relevant controller port.
I'd love to give that a try but I'll probably just boot up the n64.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 2:19

I really want a game that consists purely of all the Zelda bosses from the main games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 13:49

...with a one life mode?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 9:43

Weird thought mainly due to the Kid.

Without counting VC or completions this is the Zelda series

NES: Zelda & Zelda II, 2 games
SNES: Link to the Past, 1 game
N64: OoT and MM, 2 games
Cube: Wind Waker, Four Swords Ad, Twilight, 3 games
Wii: Twilight & Skyward Sword, 2 games
GB: Links Awakening (also DX), 1 game
GBC, Ages & Seasons, 2 games
GBA, Link to the Past with four swords & Minish Cap, 2 games (also the nes classic)
DS, Phatom & Tracks, 2 games

So pretty much every Nintendo system has averaged two zelda's, with the Link Between 2 World's coming soon to 3DS and it all ready having Ocarina of Time 3D, do you think we will see a 3rd Zelda on it. Same with the Wii U we know another zelda will come and it has Wind Waker HD all ready will we see a 3rd on that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 12:42

A return to the Four Swords style of Zelda is something that I always champion at times like these. The Four Swords Anniversary Edition on DSiWare was a lovely thing and got me thirsting for a more fully-fledged adventure. Maybe with on-line play? I'm fairly sure that would be an enjoyable thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 17:29

A great version of Four Swords Adventures coukd be done on Wii U, maybe with houses only one can go in? Or 3 DS play? Or multiple gamepads? The mind boggles!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 17:32

I've been saying that ever since the controller was revealed! It's surely a no-brainer, so why haven't Nintendo showed any signs of producing it?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 19:43

I guess they haven't got the multiple gamepad thing working how they want it yet and they're hesitant to do anything that involves owning Wii u and 3DS after the GBA/ gc connectivity fell on its ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 10:21

Buskalilly wrote:
I guess they haven't got the multiple gamepad thing working how they want it yet and they're hesitant to do anything that involves owning Wii u and 3DS after the GBA/ gc connectivity fell on its ass.
I guess so... but 3DS/WiiU would be so more reliable. We had a slightly dodgy GBA power connection - it went down, so the whole game had to restart. REALLY?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next