We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.

Go down 
+6
The_Jaster
Cube
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 14:13

Just started M:E 2 last night. Only popped it in to get the install out the way and ended up playing for 2 hours. Not keen on the characters yet, or all this Cerberus business, but dem graphics do!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 14:26

They grow on you, trust me. ME2's a bit grittier tonally compared to the first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 16:46

Oh, im sure they do. I was just pretty attached to my crew in the first one. It would make no sense in game progression terms to start with a full complement, I know. ..
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 17:01

Which is weird, because you spend most of the game with a full crew in the first game. Keep us posted on your progress, I'll be interested to see your reactions to the story and characters.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 18:18

I love gathering a massive crew in 2, it gave so many awesome missions. I loved my whole crew (barring Zaeed)
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 21:06

I didn't like Zaeed until Mass Effect 3: Citadel. He's brilliant in that.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 8:09

I've just bought all of the 3 DLC recently, which is why I'm replaying, so I'll look forward to that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 9:13

The fan-service DLC at the end is really good, I had to buy a cheap 360 just to play that DLC.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 20:49

Dragged the PS3 to mum's for the week and my brother has started a game on ME. It's super weird seeing Shepard's voice cube out of a different face.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 22:19

See your playing on PS3 Buska meaning you can actually use Kasumi as when I played when it was released on 360 and then she came out as DLC it was kinda pointless as I couldn't use her in anything.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 6:57

You mean you didn't replay the games umpteen times?  Razz 

Kasumi was great - probably my favourite character design in the game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 9:09

I love Kasumi, I was so disappointed that you couldn't talk to her like you could the rest of the crew. I was also sad that she couldn't be romanced though at least that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 18:18

Martin Sheen! Fucking hell, I knew I recognised the illusive man.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 18:20

JayMoyles wrote:
You mean you didn't replay the games umpteen times?  Razz 

Kasumi was great - probably my favourite character design in the game.

Only twice Jay
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 22:17

Well, you guys were dead right. Miranda's really grown on me.  Especially after the mission with her sister. She's a great character,  layered and interesting. She's a sarcastic bitch, but not genuinely unlikeable in the way Ashley was. Very human. Someone might take offence at the ridiculous tight costume and the arse close ups and that but I'm not particularly bothered by it Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 22:33

So after you finishing arguably the greatest trilogy in gaming are you looking at or have bought any of one of the best studios around biowares other titles.

Also have you done the fan-service citadel DLC.

And we now know a tiny bit more on ME4 from E3.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2014 - 12:10

Right let's actually use the second part of the thread!
masofdas wrote:
You like number 2 it's a pile of crap most likely the worst thing bioware has ever done.

And there's nothing wrong with the combat system in one, remember it was meant for PC's which has all the options on the screen, so when it all stops you set-up your attack properly. Inquisition from what I've seen from gameplay is doing much the same as the first with combat with a bit off added speed. You can tell also meant for PC with awakening being a expansion pack not dlc as you put, remember going to have go buy it on disc (360 ver) to play as it wasn't on xbox live to download for a while.

I'm pleased bioware listened to the fans most of hate 2, so going back to the style we like with inquisition.

Also what's wrong with Felicia Day thought the show tie in with her in was good and most things does are decent, it's nice to see some that cars about the medium be in a game.

What did you end up playing as and your decisions in origins, we do have a bioware thread if you want to continue there instead.

Whilst 2 is probably Biowares worst game it's definitely not a pile of crap. I didn't say there was a problem with the combat in one, just that I didn't crack it myself, the need to order and switch between combatants whilst also fighting was a lot to master. Plus all of the options to set up tactics were overwhelming.

I think the only real difference between DAO and 2s combat systems are the fact that 2 is more hands on which means to me Inquisition looks more like 2. Pretty sure it's customisable to be more how you prefer it though from what I've read.

Awakening may have been a seperate disk thing back in the day but it's still just DLC now, just a sizeable chunk.

Felicia Day is one of the most annoying people in the world and I just can't stand her.

Origins Decisions:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2014 - 12:21

I hope inquisition is nothing like 2 at all, as it's currently one of my most anticipated game's coming.

I can't really remember my choices as it was that long ago but was a warrior elf from the slums, and I must of put in quite a few hours across all the DLC & Expansion Pack and cost a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2014 - 12:36

What about 2 do you hate so much?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2014 - 12:50

I'm not the only one loads don't like it. I don't like that you have to play as hawk is it, also that's something that I'm not keen on with 3 but seems to be more customization though. the more fast paced action side of it, it's ment to be a rpg, I want to play it like a traditional rpg like the first, the rehashing of areas.

I would recommend any bioware game to anyone but not dragon age 2, I guess only way I can put my feelings across is you like platinum and most of what they have done but don't like the DS game they did.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2014 - 13:26

To me having to play as Hawke is the same as having to play as Shepard in ME. As much as it'd be nice to be an Asari, Quarian or Krogan you can't so I accept that. I don't think the pace is all that different truth be told, the powers take just as long to recharge and you can set the character to auto attack so it's really not that bad. Just feels less clunky than the first. Obviously the rehashing is the worst part but that's not gonna stop me enjoying a game. How often do you see exactly the same cave in skyrim or something?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2014 - 13:31

Yeah but bioware set the tonne in mass effect one that you were sherpard.

My point they set a president in the first you can play all different characters and explore this huge world and they take it away in the second game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2014 - 13:42

I see Dragon Age as the characters impact on the world rather than who the character is myself. They didn't want to add multiple races in inquisition either but they caved. The world is definitely a fair criticism though which they've obviously fixed in the new one. Redcliffe being as big as all of Origins <3
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2014 - 8:59

Howdy bioware fans, I have a bit of a question to ask regarding the first mass effect, mainly how long does it usually take to finish on average? I want to give it a shot right now but with xillia 2 on the way I don't want to start something I might end up cutting off at a crucial point, so a estimated time of beating would be dandy in planning what to play.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2014 - 9:05

I'd probably say about 20 hours for a good playthrough. You can sprint through the game in probably half that, maybe less, but to get a good amount done that's what I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next