Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.

Go down 
+6
The_Jaster
Cube
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 15:18

So excite
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 15:27

Today is N7 day so when America wakes up, we should be getting a trailer and more info but that box art a long for a load of marketing mumbo-jumbo has leaked already.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 18:20

I saw a teaser trailer on Facebook, but it's nothing that'd have changed my mind from buying this game anyway. To be honest, I think I'm going to go dark on further information on Andromeda. I'm sold on it already, so unless it reviews awfully and the gaming public at large says it's a load of crap, I'll be picking up a copy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:48

To be fair, I'll be picking it up regardless of what chatter I hear. People try and tell me Mass Effect 3 was bad . . .

Speaking of which, all three of the original trilogy are now on XBone BC, so I might give them a replay if games dry up at the start of the year . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:52

Only the ending is bad in ME3.

EA to me and leaving money on the table as a remaster surely would sell loads, instead of BC for one system
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 20:25

This looks really good so I'm definitely going to buy my first mass effect game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 21:46

EA are doing the right thing by refusing to pour money into pointless remasters.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 22:04

I would buy it seems Jas hasn't played them and you know would as well Drunka and Andy owns like every remaster there is

That's 4 copies sold already and you would think loads more as well would buy it, and Mass Effect is 10 years old next year a great time for a remaster also as EA do have the money, they could get someone like Blue Point to it which leaves all their teams alone.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 22:09

I don't own Darksiders 2 Remastered... Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 22:11

Yet
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 17:13

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 Mass_f10

I played six-and-a-half hours of this over the last couple of days- I reached the furthest point in the story one can get to in the free trial. Theoretically, I can step back and do some side quests before that point but I probably won't. Might play a few more rounds of multiplayer with the three hours I've got left so I'm at a good level when I start playing with my buddy after work tomorrow.

Based on the short play I've had, this is a good videogame and I will be purchasing it tomorrow for sure. For sure. It looks good, in the nice textures, impressive vistas and great lighting way that every game looks good now. The character models are nice, there's some cool spaceships and alien planets and that. The facial animations . . . are fine. If you compare minor characters in Andromeda to characters in Uncharted, or lead characters in the earlier mass effects, they come up short but it is such a non-issue during play. Ugh. People.

Gameplay-wise, it's got that nice Mass Effect 2/3 shooting. It isn't as satisfying as say a Gears of War, where every bullet feels like it's properly thumping into a locust, but it's fun and varied and punctuates the exploration nicely. I'll definitely have a blast on the multiplayer. Speaking of which, the multiplayer has some ties to the main campaign but it isn't as necessary as it was in 3. The missions can be carried out by automated squads, like the Meownster Hunters, or can be played in multiplayer for bonus unlocks and that.

The main meat of a Mass Effect game, of course, is the campaign and the story. I like it so far, although the open world explorationy aspects are all a bit too much like the original Mass Effect, and feel very clunky after Zelda.

It feels very different from the trilogy. Where that was a tense, meaningful story about humanity's place in the universe and the existential terror of the Reaper threat, Andromeda is a lighter, optimistic tale of exploration. This is more akin to Star Trek Beyond or the Force Awakens than it is to Wrath of Khan and Empire Strikes Back. There's room in the world for both, and I think this was a smarter move than trying to match the achievements of the original trilogy.

The writing reflects the more youthful, fun and exuberant tone. The characters are likeable enough and it is still a recognisable Bioware game. I understand that it does a poor job of certain things, like a trans character, but in the world of videogames writing this is still top tier.

Obviously I've still got a lot of game to go, but my feeling so far is that for anyone who likes Mass Effect, but isn't expecting this game to do the impossible and carry the whole weight of expectation, this is well worth a go.

masofdas wrote:
The ending is bad in ME3.

No.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 17:46

All sounds good to me, apart from the last bit, ME3 really does have a horrible ending if not purely down to the mad plot holes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 17:56

Does sound good that it's moved up to will get after I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata and Persona 5, possibly mid-April then. The ending in ME3 is disappointing end to 5 years of Trilogy, more then anything and easier just to say bad at this point.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 18:05

The ending I got was a very satisfactory ending to the story I experienced over the three games.
I think the difference for me was that I wasn't buying them as they released and being told all these things about the importance of my decisions. Plus I only played through it once and had no interest in seeing other endings and stuff. So I just saw one ending and it gave me emotional closure.

Oh, one other complaint about Andromeda: the faces of the main baddy aliens look kinda like cute sheep, which aren't very threatening.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 22:48

I don't think I'll picking up Andromeda till later in the year as I've got a few other games to play just now and Persona 5 is just around the corner.

In regards to the animations, I think those would eat into my enjoyment of the game. I play Mass Effect for its story and characters, so if the animations are shonky and the writing is weak, then that's directly affecting why I play these games. A lad at work says the combat plays a lot better than previous Mass Effect games which is all fine and well, but it's not going to mean as much to me as the facial animation being on point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:29

Yeah I think that's the difference as I bought ME in 2007 of the back of KOTOR & Jade Empire and that this Trilogy would have choices like in those, with what you do in ME1 changing what will happen over the course of the Trilogy.

I do agree with Jay and watching some comparisons videos, I would say ME1 from 2007 looks just as good in the terms of characters. It feels like this B-team has tried to pull a Bethesda but gaming has moved on over the past 10 years and we can now have huge open world games like Witcher 3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Feb 2021 - 10:56

I was looking for a different thread, maybe someone can find that one talking about games you play in-between other games.

When I come across this, and I've still not played Andromeda even though it is installed on my XSX. Why though I noticed this thread is because of

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 Mass_effect_legendary_edition_small_1604906282895

Anyone going to pick it up? As personally even though I rated Mass Effect Trilogy so highly, I don't think I want to play it again and in the past I've played a bit of 2 on PS3 and 3 on Wii U, where it wasn't the same as using my Shepard from ME1 all the way to the end of ME3, why the ending is still bad.

I know this could be a new story and could go FemShep but what I had was my Mass Effect Story,
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Feb 2021 - 11:16

The Lady's absolutely hopping up and down about this. I guess I could pass on her thoughts, if anybody's interested in the gaming opinions of somebody they'll probably never interact with. 🤷
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptySun 7 Feb 2021 - 13:52

I guess I'll finally give this a go, I did briefly play Mass Effect 2 but stopped because I wanted to play the first game beforehand but never went back to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2021 - 11:37

Mass Effect DAMN YOU!

I got past the final boss in Mass Effect twice on two separate computers and both times my computer broke down immediately afterwards and had to be replaced. I just can't!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Feb 2021 - 8:11

I do not have time in my limited life on this Earth to play them again. I guess I like that another option is there though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.   Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect and Dragon Age also Biowares other games.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4