We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty02/03/15, 07:36 pm

Thanks for your replies, gents! I myself had a writing group this Sunday. Still found some time to make a few posts, though - I just can't stay away.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty03/03/15, 06:22 pm

I tend to be in work every third Sunday or something. I enjoy it because it's always dead so I get paid while doing very little work.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty03/03/15, 06:27 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Sorry for the DoPo.  I've just noticed that Sunday, even more so than Saturday, seems to result in the forum being almost empty.  This confuses me: I'd have thought that, during the week, people are busy at work, while on Saturday people are out and about, leaving Sunday as the most popular day for posting and general Internet mucking-about.  Obviously this is not the case.

What do you all do with yourselves on Sunday?  A lonely bored gent sitting at home would like to know!

I can be up to almost anything on a Sunday. I quite often stay with friends after a Saturday night out, so I might not get back from there 'til Sunday lunchtime, then I usually get roped into babysitting some of the kids next door for the remainder of the afternoon. By bedtime I usually feel as tired as I do on a working day. Saturday nights tend to be insanely late affairs.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty04/03/15, 05:12 am

I got some feedback for the job I went for last week, and no I didn't get it. So close yet so far; I was told it was down to me and one other person, with very little difference between us. It was with the company I was not a fan of, but still, a job is a job.

Honestly, job hunting is getting me down. It really is quite a demoralising process and I feel for those who have it tougher than me. I am quite confidant that my age is a major factor, but there isn't anything I can do about that. I feel like I have had my last proper job and I am all washed up at 55. I don't say that for sympathy, not that you arseholes would give me any Naughty , as I have too much to be thankful for to feel like my life is over, hell, it is merely a hiccup. I perhaps just have to reassess what the rest of my working years are going to look like. Their loss as I have so much to offer.

Still, all those video games I have need to be played. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty04/03/15, 09:01 am

My Dad was in a similar situation at age 50, which is about fifteen years ago now, Brett. He was made redundant in a very shady fashion by one of the biggest car companies out there because all the old staff were simply "getting paid too much". After much frustration with the Job Centre, he worked for a famous high street retailer for a while, before finally getting a slightly better job and sticking at that. Ageism is most definitely a thing when it comes to jobs, I am certain.

Keep your chin up, man. Someone such as yourself will find something of worth. Smile
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty04/03/15, 10:11 am

I can't even get a job at either of the main supermarket chains, which is pretty bad in itself, considering I serviced them for over 30 years. I can't even get a job as a delivery driver, despite a licence 3 levels above a car (Heavy Rigid Truck). I can't even get a factory or vegetable picking job. It really looks grim. But yeah, I will keep my chin up, it is just a bit depressing at the moment, but depression is just a cycle of life, it will pass.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty04/03/15, 11:08 am

Yeah come to think of it my old man went through the same thing with the whole Gunns debacle
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty04/03/15, 11:49 am

shanks wrote:
Yeah come to think of it my old man went through the same thing with the whole Gunns debacle

Did he eventually move on to something Paul?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty04/03/15, 07:14 pm

Eventually yeah, after a few months of trying for stuff he eventually got work at impact fertiliser (where he still works now) and even dos a bit of work for the Hobart Council.

We even thought that when he was out of work that was the cause of his heart attack
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty05/03/15, 12:25 am

shanks wrote:
Eventually yeah, after a few months of trying for stuff he eventually got work at impact fertiliser (where he still works now) and even dos a bit of work for the Hobart Council.

We even thought that when he was out of work that was the cause of his heart attack

Pleased to hear it worked out Paul. Life always goes on, you just have to remain positive about it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty05/03/15, 12:26 am

Yeah it's all good now
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty05/03/15, 09:33 am

oldschool wrote:
I can't even get a job at either of the main supermarket chains, which is pretty bad in itself, considering I serviced them for over 30 years.  I can't even get a job as a delivery driver, despite a licence 3 levels above a car (Heavy Rigid Truck).  I can't even get a factory or vegetable picking job.  It really looks grim.  But yeah, I will keep my chin up, it is just a bit depressing at the moment, but depression is just a cycle of life, it will pass.

You have great family support, so nothing can go wrong in the end. I wish you luck with your search; something good will show up when the time is right. Smile
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty05/03/15, 12:08 pm

Today I may have read a Facebook post from the dumbest person on the planet. The article in the news was a floating solar array on a waste water treatment plant. Now the comment in part, "great suck the sun dry" was about using up the Sun to power our energy. At first I though she was a troll, looking to get a rise, but no, I checked her Facebook page and she is a born-again Christian who genuinely believes that, along with being a far right wing nutjob - wants a gun, hates Islam and the Labour Party (she is a 20-something Australian). I was gobsmacked that stupidity on that level exists in a First World country.

[img]The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Untitled%2008.57.42_zps2nfmil1e[/img]
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty05/03/15, 10:40 pm

Never underestimate the stupidity and ignorance of the general public. For every one hundred reasonable sorts, there'll be one pillock with no concept of how the world works.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty07/03/15, 04:35 pm

First driving lesson since last August today... and no driving in between! Thankfully things went relatively well. Dance Hopefully we'll get to schedule a test at the end of May. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty07/04/15, 11:33 am

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 M33XgXB

I've finally finished my dissertation! Very chuffed with the end result, but I'm ridiculously tired from a string of late nights - time to chill out for a couple of days. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty07/04/15, 11:37 am

Congratulations Jay! From experience, these things are pains in the backside, but very satisfying to read over once done. Hope you enjoy your relaxation, which it seems is planned out already. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty07/04/15, 11:48 am

And it's all about this guy, right
The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Dusty
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty07/04/15, 10:41 pm

Nice one Jay.

The idea of having to do a dissertation was what made my mind up about leaving Uni after third year. Had a couple of meetings with the lecturer bloke about it and when I realised how much work I'd have to do I bolted on that.

If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing. :homer:

Just one of my many regrets in life Duh!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty08/04/15, 12:55 am

Nice work, Jayseph! Now go/stay out and enjoy yourself! Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty08/04/15, 01:26 am

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Smile

It was a lot of work - probably put hundreds of hours of work into it, but it's something I'm proud I accomplished. I'm taking the next couple of days off I reckon!

Mas: You got it - all about the son of the plumber!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty13/04/15, 10:18 am

Balladeer wrote:
I know, and that's why I can't jump to any conclusions - other than that it makes me want to have children of my own less. No
Just saw this in the things that @#$! you off thread and it got me to thinking. How do we all feel on the subject of kids? I don't think there are many GNamerians with children but do we want them?

Personally I do want to have children but not before I'm 30.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty13/04/15, 10:34 am

I remain undecided. On the one hand, legacy and love - on the other, my own lack of patience, and at least eighteen years of graft. Maybe at some point, biological cravings will kick in and decide the matter for me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty13/04/15, 11:00 am

At some point in the future I do, I'm still far too selfish/poor right now for that. Also hearing from folks about having daughters (especially just daughters) I'd much rather have a son.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty13/04/15, 11:46 am

I definitely want to have children. Jo and I occasionally talk about it but it's still a way in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next