We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 8:04

Welcome back to the fold Ducky! Another lot of exams down - congrats. What did you think of "Nintendo's E3 attempt"? Or daren't I ask?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 12:59

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Next year's plans involve going to university to study either Computer Games and Applications development at Abertay (Dundee) or Computer Games Programming at De Montfort (Leicester). Aside from the aforementioned trip to the states I have no solid plans for Summer at the moment.

And since you asked these are my thoughts on Nintendos's E3 attempt:

I just didn't find it terribly exciting. They started Strong with Starfox, whose release simply cannot come soon enough. The skylanders amiibo was an interesting announcement, although it didn't really appeal to me I think it was widely welcomed.
Then they talked at length about Triforce heroes, and while it looks good I don't think it really blew anyone away. And we also got a 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors which was I reckon might actually do quite well. In all honesty though I think Triforce heroes would've been better received on just a regular direct and then they could've used the spare time to show off the upcoming Zelda U.
Then came a barrage of trailers- some good, some not. Federation Force was the first and was met with disappointment which I think was a little overblown considering they only gave it a minute long trailer. In hindsight there were only two games in the space of 10 minutes that actually grabbed me those being Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem: Fates. Neither of which were new announcements.
Then came woolly world in which we heard some delightful young lady waste our time discussing how she knitted some Yoshi, although the trailer part was good the whole segment could've been cut down a bit.
The next games that grabbed my attention were Paper Jam and Mario Tennis, although I would only buy Mario Tennis if it had online play which I'm not sure if it has or not and the mega mushroom bit just seems a bit gimmicky.
Lastly came Mario Maker which I'm super excited about. I really enjoyed learning about how they designed the levels back in the day although that probably bored some people too.

They then spent the last 4 minutes patting themselves on the back, the back patting went on for so long I began to think "Maybe they're going to announce something big to finish!" But no, just more back patting.

In short: strong start, painful finish, the middle was touch and go. No Zelda U, A Japanese trailer without so much as subtitles. An off year for Nintendo.

Last edited by Duck o'Death on Wed 24 Jun 2015 - 13:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That's none of your business.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 13:32

Think that's a reasonable summary that I have no real objections to. I did like the look of LoZTH though!
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 0:52

tl;dr, welcome back duckman.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:53

If you're having a bad day, then look on the bright side - at least you're not this chap.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:56

Ahhhh, that made me chuckle! Laughing Especially the final blow. Cheers Jay.

I am having a bad day, mind, and this is why: Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:58

I know the feeling. I only managed three hours of sleep last night, horrid. Aww!

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:59

The sun needs to piss right off. I am so angry and practically paralysed by the combo of heat/exhaustion from not sleeping due to the heat...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 19:02

I can't help feeling that the sun doing any pissing would not be great for us. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 0:09

It is bloody hot. I'm glad I get to spend a significant chunk of my working day literally inside a fridge.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 0:59

The boiler room is two floors below my room. Directly. Sad Those aren't tears - they're beads of sweat. Pale
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 1:07

I'm not annoyed enough to put in the pissed of thread but I had a interview on Friday and today I got a phone call whilst on lunch.

I got the job yay, if it was available as the person that was leaving retracted there resignation. Meaning there was no longer a vacancy, I'm being kept on recorded if something comes up.

I think the only thing I can take from this as I'm applying for things at the moment is that I can get a job, if I get a interview that is.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 9:23

Woke up at 4:30am because of the heat. Wooooo. Aww!

On a happier note, I'm graduating today!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 9:26

Ah, well done Jay! Applause Do you feel ready to face the world outside uni. yet? (I know I didn't.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 9:56

Cheers Balla!

Oh, and absolutely not. No idea what I'm doing. Laughing

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:55

Great work, Jay! Applause Make the most of the day.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 12:15

Well done Jay, hope you put it all to good use as I seem to know a lot of people have degrees etc and have never used them.

Like we've got a trained lawyer stood on the security podium at work, who we like to take the piss out of as he used to give it the big one that he never be back and he's going to earn 40k a year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 21:57

Balladeer wrote:
Completely ready to be shot right down because of this, but I'll try it anyway: anyone up for a Cricket World Cup sweepstake?  

I know it's not the most interesting sport in the world (understatement), so the prizes will need to be a bit bigger than they were for the wrestling one.  I'm thinking two teams per participant, a good one and a rubbish one, with the overall winner winning £20 and the best lower-half team winning £10.

Possibly free money, and you don't even have to follow the sport.  What's not to like?

Are we having a sweepstakes for the ashes as it's some big deal a lot of teams must take part for it to mean so much Winky Face

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 3 Jul 2015 - 8:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyFri 3 Jul 2015 - 8:17

You've lost me, Mas. Wrong thread, maybe, and it was meant to go in the cricket one?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyFri 3 Jul 2015 - 8:31

Nah here, just some #bantz over the ashes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyFri 3 Jul 2015 - 8:37

Ah right. Seems a bit unfair to subject the rest of the forum to cricket #bantz! And I can't think of a #bantastic reply to that (only a serious one, talking about history and rivalry and comparisons with Germany in football), so - I dunno, you smell or something.

Truth be told, it's not all that any more. I preferred the New Zealand series.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyFri 3 Jul 2015 - 9:51

Wee Jay is all growed up.

Got a job yet? Sulk
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 14:19

Well I have a job. I start 3rd August and it is a British company, a very, very large one. It is a call centre job I mentioned, Customer Service Representative, with all calls incoming for a massive government department and me helping clients and making some low level decisions based on strict criteria. It is only casual, which is fine by me as I am not really interested in working full time again - not that I wouldn't if the right job came up. I like having more flexibility in my life, especially with the health of my partner.

I also start a fortnight trial in a warehouse next week, which is full time hours, to complete a Certificate II in warehousing, which then allows me to get a forklift licence. I am only doing that to improve my prospects of getting employment if needed. It certainly can't hurt, as I already have a Heavy Rigid Truck licence, which allows me to drive pretty much anything except articulated lorries, which I wouldn't want to drive.

Soon I will have money to start buying games again - best part of a job. Wave
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2015 - 18:51

Congrats OS!

Dead Lemon wrote:
Wee Jay is all growed up.

Got a job yet? Sulk

Nope, but not for lack of trying. The word "job" sends waves of anxiety through my body right now - the big bad world is indeed big and bad. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2015 - 20:12

Good luck with the new job and warehousing, OS.

What kind of work are you looking for Jay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next