We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 12:14

shanks wrote:
He wasn't emo, he wasn't angry but not emo

Actually I do think he was a tad emo. He kept getting more and more miserable as time went on after Rose was taken away, and eventually his cheer was blatantly an act to keep people from realizing he actually felt like crap on the inside. Unfortunately this put me off the character and in the end I dropped the show until Smith came in because I got tired of him being so depressing. Tennant's acting was great though, I just didn't like what they were doing with the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 12:25

He got pissed because people kept dieing on him, I don't think that's Emo.. He was fine with Donna as he had a friend
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 12:04

Rewatching the 2003 series of this.  

Mustang is just as cool as I remember, and Ed blowing up at being called short never stops being funny.  I really should check out Brotherhood at some point, I hear it adapts the entire manga rather than just a part of it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 12:08

I've only seen the first two series of Brotherhood (having watched the entire first show).  Apart from one very odd case of mood whiplash, they were great.  Should see the rest really.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 13:36

I need to get around to watching the rest of FMA.

I caught the middle half of it when it aired in the UK, then was unable to see the last quarter because the channel stopped streaming online.

I managed to borrow the DVDs off a work colleague five years later, but then that job finished just as I caught up to where I came in at broadcast.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 14:25

For **** sake people WATCH IT!!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 13:05

Just finished the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime.  Damn I had forgotten how bittersweet that ending is.  I'm just going to ignore the movie however, that just makes the ending even more bitter and less sweet.  The parallel worlds idea is cool in the end of the series but I think I'll skip the movie that focuses on it.  

I'll have to check out Brotherhood at some point, I hope it ends a bit more cheerfully than the first series.  And I shall end this on a fun note.  
fun note:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 14:56

Watch Brotherhood as it follows the manga all the way and not split halfway through. And the standalone Brotherhood movie aint so bad either
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:19

While it technically wasn't watched on my tv I finished watching the currently available episodes of Attack on Titan today.  Suffice to say my brain feels like it is splattered on the wall after watching all of that.  Such brutality, such tragedy, and such awesome action.  My favourite moment has to be when Rouge Titan first appeared and punched another titans head so hard it flew off its shoulders and in to a bell tower, that was one hell of a head shot.  

I think I might wait for the rest of the series to finish airing after the current arc wraps up however.  As much as I love the show I know waiting each week for an episode is going to kill me given how each episode tends to end.  I'm also totally going to check out the manga.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:30

So it's worth a watch then?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:33

I'd say so.  I will warn you the pace slows down to a snails crawl in episode 10 and 11 however, which was rather jarring after episodes 5 to 9 being balls to the walls.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:35

Might give it a shot after I finish the current series I'm watching
Back to top Go down
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:36

Anyone watch Storage wars/Storage hunters? Brilliant shows! Amazing what these people find.

Pawn Stars too, absolutely love these kind of shows.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:38

Good, the show is, at least in my opinion, absolutely fantastic.  I haven't seen an anime I've loved this much in a long time.  

Oh, and one recommendation I would make, don't look at anything whatsoever about the show.  No discussions, no youtube videos, no images, nothing.  There are huge spoilers everywhere, and I assure you there are a couple of things you will hate being spoiled that are massive.  Once your past episode nine it should be safe to look things up, for now at any rate.  The series is one of those series that really is best left unspoiled.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:41

Does that include all the memes that have popped up? Razz

And have you seen Tiger & Bunny?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:42

SuperPaperLink wrote:
Pawn Stars
Best name for a chess documentary.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:44

Balladeer wrote:
SuperPaperLink wrote:
Pawn Stars

"Pawn Stars: not everything is black and white"
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:54

shanks wrote:
Does that include all the memes that have popped up? Razz

And have you seen Tiger & Bunny?

Yes!  Avoid all memes as much as possible about the show.  

And unfortunately not, I haven't really seen as much anime as I would like to have seen.  I do hope to watch Tiger and Bunny at some point however, it seems like a series I'd like.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 14:59

It is quite good
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 15:01

beemoh wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
SuperPaperLink wrote:
Pawn Stars

"Pawn Stars: not everything is black and white"

"Pawn Stars: Queen a rook and a hard place".
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 15:06

You need to keep those puns in check, mate.
Back to top Go down
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 15:18

You're all ROOKies.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 7:38

I am the king of puns but my princess is in another castle.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 18:14

I have something to get of my chesst....

*ahem*

Finished off season 7 of dexter a few weeks ago and it was just absolutely cracking and I can't wait for season 8 which is sadly the last one ever.

I still have the likes of Touch and Hawaii five O on my sky+ box too.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2013 - 3:37

I'm still going to have to catch up on Dexter I still need to see 5 - 7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next