We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things

Go down 
+21
flora-chan
Rum
Cube
Treesmurf
oldschool
gjones
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Sylveon
Gogoata
ZeroJones
Fastpie
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 9:48

I'm a big fan of DmC, it still gets a lot of shit from fans due to that Dante but IMO it plays fantastically. Which for someone like me who's only ever had a passing interest is perfect.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 21:41

The game itself is fantastic from the little I've played of it - shame about its fans being massive wieners and reacting the way they did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:19

Frankly I'm on the side of the classic DMC fans with regards to DmC. Nobody can boast they'd take a company unnecessarily killing off a beloved character and replacing him with a irritating immature punk happily. This being the internet the backlash was over the top and immature, doesn't make it unwarranted as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:20

It was reboot though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 12:29

A reboot that absolutely nobody already into the franchise wanted or needed. The series itself still had plenty to give. Perhaps if it had been alongside the main series as a spin-off re-imagining it would have been more acceptable and possibly even welcomed, but as it stands it was a game that flew in the face of what the already established fanbase had come to expect from the franchise.

Not to mention it came out at a time when Capcom, or "crapcom" as I've seen them affectionately referred to, were at the height of their stupidity, and the gaming world was faced with the very real possibility that if / when the reboot failed they would, rather than read in to it that the fanbase wants more classic devil may cry, instead read in to the sales that the franchise itself was no longer viable and simply take it out back.

Combine the two and the fan outrage was understandable. As typical of outrage online completely overblown and immature, but understandable.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 13:25

The same fanbase whom also weren't happy about DMC4 because of Nero.

I've said before and I'll say again I do feel sorry for Ninja Theory as they've made great games but none have done anything sales wise and because of that they move on and we don't get the sequels to some of these games.

Hopefully with Hellblade being what they're calling a AAA-Indie does well, if priced right and comes out at a decent time.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 Jul 2016 - 18:23

A Xbone controller for my laptop/surface and GTA IV to go bowling
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySat 16 Jul 2016 - 16:44

Technically not yesterday but I bought, Doom, watchdogs, Mad Max & Dishonored: DE after selling my launch model 3ds to a friend for 60 quid, the bad news of that is my ps4 backlog now sits at 6 games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySun 17 Jul 2016 - 18:59

Dishonored is the pick of the bunch out of those.

I've just picked up GameCube game number 61 Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and a few more OG Xbox games Buffy the Vampire Slayer which is a dam good licensed game which was originally meant for the Dreamcast talking of games meant for the DC also got DOA3 along with Sudeki and RalliSport Challenge 2 which takes me to 14 OG Xbox games, I wouldn't be surprised due to fact the games are cheap & easily available that it passes the Cube to become the second biggest physical collection I own behind the mighty Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 12:25

It is finally here!  The Superior final act (or rather three in one edition) of the Spider-Man story this side of the decade!  And the dawn of the next Amazing era!

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 Superi12

EDIT

Tis the season to complete collections, tralalalala la la la la~

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 Tisthe10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyWed 27 Jul 2016 - 17:07

Hatoful Boyfriend released on Android?! Yes please! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyWed 27 Jul 2016 - 17:41

Excellent game that
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 0:18

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back for a quid in British Heart Foundation. Very chuffed with that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 9:21

Now that's a even better game
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 21:22

I've still got my original copy I bought around the time of Crash 3 coming out. Crash 2 and 3 are bangers - the original has not aged well, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 16:11

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 13681910

A JRPG, a Western RPG and copious cider. Two more great games bought with the best of intentions, only for me to not get around to playing them Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 16:32

TWEWY is still at the top of my "games that I'll buy and play when I've got a minute unless there's something else that's new that I want first list." one day I'll get round to it, one day.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 17:55

It's a dense and challenging RPG that's real fun. An easy recommend.

As for me, I bought my first box set in about a year:

Spoiler:

I've never seen an episode (of Supergirl, in case you haven't opened the spoiler) but something about it called to me. I watched the first episode last night and it's fun. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 18:29

Wooooo TWEWY! While I don't think it's as golden as some *cough*Jay*cough*, I still think it's (or it was) a genuinely new RPG that nothing has really imitated since, and that everybody should give it a go. Unless you really hate whiny anorexic JRPG protagonists because God knows Neku wears that trope like he owns it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 20:35

@Zero: I started Supergirl while I had Now TV (for Thrones, 'natch) and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

@Balladuck: I've been checking my local games shop for a copy of TWEWY for years, so actually stumbling across one made it a necessary purchase.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 21:55

I normally don't post digital stuff but I think I got a good haul on PSN as I traded in some boot sale buys and spent £35 to get a £50 PSN voucher, which got me

1. Hyper Light Drifter, which I think a lot of us was hoping would be good and from what I'm hearing it is
2. TWD: Michonne, I think the Telltale games are great experiences of story telling and as I've played the rest of TWD thought I'd get this. I've done EP1
3. Beyond Eyes, not a well received game but it looks like a mas game
4. This War of Mine: The Little Ones, more indie darlings
5. ABZU, This is a preorder out on Tuesday from the art directer of Journey which you cam tell from the trailers

This still left me with £10, I was tempted by République but I thought that might be to many games in one go that I rented Zootropolis and will do the same with 10 Cloverfield Lane.

@Drunka I bought Witcher 3 in a sale and I started it & seems good from what i have played but I've never gone back as a game of that size now seems so daunting to play that I'd sooner play something like Beyond Eyes which might not be very good but I know I can finish it
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 22:41

I get that,Mas. These days I love the idea of a game I can fire up and do quite quickly, but I've heard so much good stuff about witchy boys I just gotta try it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 7:01

A cat, as seen here: http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t828p50-pets-are-awesome#83251 Cue much settling in time, especially with Beatrice cat worrying about her territory. Pale
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 7:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
I get that,Mas. These days I love the idea of a game I can fire up and do quite quickly, but I've heard so much good stuff about witchy boys I just gotta try it.

Certainly was good from what I have played, I would like to get back to it but now got all those indies and then NMS, Deus Ex, FFXV the next two months before mad October and some of those aren't short.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 17:36

masofdas wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

Certainly was good from what I have played, I would like to get back to it but now got all those indies and then NMS, Deus Ex, FFXV the next two months before mad October and some of those aren't short.

Surely you could finish some of the indy games way before any of those retail games come out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next