We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things

Go down 
+21
flora-chan
Rum
Cube
Treesmurf
oldschool
gjones
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Sylveon
Gogoata
ZeroJones
Fastpie
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyFri 1 Jan 2016 - 14:55

Jealous. The gaming sections of my local charity shops are filled with copies of FIFA and Just Dance. Most of our pre-owned games get passed into CEX.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyFri 1 Jan 2016 - 17:04

If you're still in Edinburgh I'd suggest you have a look in the charity shops in Stockbridge. I've only been there a couple of times but I've consistently seen a lot of good stuff. There's a big Shelter there that had about thirty GameCube games - and decent ones, like F-Zero GX and Mario Golf - when I was last there in the autumn.

~

Like any self-respecting Wii U owner, I've downloaded Wave Race 64 and 1080 Snowboarding. 60hz is good stuff, but there's massive black boarders on the screen display of them both and it looks mince on the GamePad as a consequence. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptySun 3 Jan 2016 - 21:17

Picked up the first 15 issues of NGamer for a fiver on Ebay (inc. postage!). Looking forward to reading them as I missed NGamer at the time.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptySun 3 Jan 2016 - 22:03

gjones wrote:
Picked up the first 15 issues of NGamer for a fiver on Ebay (inc. postage!). Looking forward to reading them as I missed NGamer at the time.

I read Nintendo Gamer in it's numerous forms from late 1997 until it was wound up in summer 2012, and I'd say that the first fifteen issues (or so) of NGamer represented the magazine at it's absolute best. It was such a joy to read, and it was obvious that it was a joy for Greener, Kittsy and the whole staff to put together. It was something that I genuinely looked forward to at the start of each month, and it really added to the wider appeal and the whole experience of being a gamer during what was such an exciting time.

Budget cuts started to hump it in 2008, but for the second half of 2006 and throughout 2007, I'd say that NGamer was the best games magazine ever published, hands down. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptySun 3 Jan 2016 - 22:21

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
gjones wrote:

I read Nintendo Gamer in it's numerous forms from late 1997 until it was wound up in summer 2012, and I'd say that the first fifteen issues (or so) of NGamer represented the magazine at it's absolute best. It was such a joy to read, and it was obvious that it was a joy for Greener, Kittsy and the whole staff to put together. It was something that I genuinely looked forward to at the start of each month, and it really added to the wider appeal and the whole experience of being a gamer during what was such an exciting time.

Budget cuts started to hump it in 2008, but for the second half of 2006 and throughout 2007, I'd say that NGamer was the best games magazine ever published, hands down. Enjoy!

Nice! Looking forward to it. Better than Weaver and co in 99 and 2000? That was my favourite era, but I stopped reading in 2005 after getting a 360 (when Gamecube was barren). I'm picking up early DS games at the moment so it will be great to read about them (as well as the Wii stuff), especially as most of it is now dirt cheap.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 22:50

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 Ngamer11

They arrived! First thoughts are that I'm surprised at just how much content is jammed in to every page. Granted, some of it is unnecessary, but the sheer love and expertise that oozes from the couple of issues I've looked at is incredible. They also came with about ten DVDs which should be an interesting watch.

Also took a risk and ordered Okamiden from the American Amazon site for $25 (including postage). Worked out cheaper than buying a PAL copy, plus I much prefer the U.S. DS cases as they're slimmer (same size as 3DS) and much sturdier. Only took four days to arrive which is nuts!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 23:13

They really went to town on those first few issues. I'm sure that Issue 2 missed it's shelf date by about two weeks - but it was clearly a labour of love, and the work that went into those early NGamer issues was obscene. No magazine ever came close, in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 16:18

You're in for a real treat! Nothing before or since can touch that crew at the top of their game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 5:38

Allons-y!  A depressing day made just that bit brighter with these arriving!

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 Sam_0513

Hunting down The End of Time is going to be such a pain in the rear end though.  Worst comes to worst there's always itunes, but it'll feel weird not having a copy for the shelf.  
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 10:24

Flights to Japan Bounce Grin

(May be a tad excited)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 10:53

Gentlemen, you're all buying finer things than me! Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 11:01

gjones wrote:
They arrived! First thoughts are that I'm surprised at just how much content is jammed in to every page. Granted, some of it is unnecessary, but the sheer love and expertise that oozes from the couple of issues I've looked at is incredible. They also came with about ten DVDs which should be an interesting watch.

Also took a risk and ordered Okamiden from the American Amazon site for $25 (including postage). Worked out cheaper than buying a PAL copy, plus I much prefer the U.S. DS cases as they're slimmer (same size as 3DS) and much sturdier. Only took four days to arrive which is nuts!

What a couple of buys!  Okamiden was, I felt, rather underrated.  The frequent loading pauses were annoying, but a brilliant game underneath them, and very impressive for a DS game.  As for NGamer, nothing more need be said, methinks.  The Best Gaming Magazine Ever.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 11:11

Is Okamiden underrated? I thought it was pretty highly rated!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 11:25

Maybe critically, it just seems to have been passed on by people in general. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I've always felt that it deserved more attention than it got.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 11:33

Yeah, that's probably true, it did come out way too late though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:55

Hasn't most of Platinums / Clovers games not got the attention they should got from the general public, just the high acclaim from critics.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 21:34

Xenoblade 3D arrived today, and I've got Mario and Luigi: Dream Team on its way!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 13:44

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 CYrys0qWAAAz8Os
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:15

Oooooh I seem to recall Freestyle Scooter being one of the last Dreamcast games (in the UK at least). Any good?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 17:38

It's better than THPS5
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 17:43

Bought a 2Tb external hard drive to use with my Xbox One. Had used 90% of the internal storage already so it needed to be done. Just moved everything over and have so much free space now.

masofdas wrote:
It's better than THPS5

Being molested by a drunk uncle is better than THPS5...  Or so i'm told.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 21:35

Dead Lemon wrote:

masofdas wrote:
It's better than THPS5

Being molested by a drunk uncle is better than THPS5...  Or so i'm told.

It probably rated higher than THPS5 on Metacritic in any case.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 22:49

JayMoyles wrote:
Xenoblade 3D arrived today, and I've got Mario and Luigi: Dream Team on its way!

The first is an absolutely cracking game, although I still can't help but feel that you're playing it on the wrong console... I didn't get on with the latter though. Hope you find otherwise!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 22:53

Xenoblade is next on my list after I work my way through the Ace Attorney series. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get to it - did you replay it on 3DS, Balla?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 22:58

I didn't, I felt I'd be short-changing my memories that way. If I played it again, it'd be on a big screen with Japanese voice-acting and no Reyn Time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next