Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 22:13

I realised that I can't do the trials - I've been so used to being a tank, shrugging off attacks and using Mipha's Grace, while looking for Koroks, that I inevitably do some stupid shit and get killed off. So I'll park it here. However, I still really loved the DLC; finding the masks was a laugh, and Hero's Path is a great addition once you think you've "finished" the game, as it shows you all the mountains you completely missed. I'll return in the winter for the next DLC, and probably next year to try it on Hard Mode.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 19:47

I helped my young nephew find the Hylian shield for the first time earlier today & when he saw the bones he asked me if it'd come alive, I said he'd have to go in to find out Laughing but he went in no problem and absolutely loved it when the master sword was doing so much damage.

Yup, BotW is still the game of forever. (For now at least)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 19:53

Good that he's picked up not to trust piles of bones in video games then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 19:55

I beat the big bad today. Had been putting out off for ages, didn't really want it to end. Won't be going in for all the shrines and stuff though
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 19:56

It is a common trope in games though, isn't it? You even get it in Mario games with Dry bones.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 20:02

Muss wrote:
I beat the big bad today. Had been putting out off for ages, didn't really want it to end. Won't be going in for all the shrines and stuff though

Nice one Muss. Any reason you're not fancying going on a shrine hunt?

The_Jaster wrote:
It is a common trope in games though, isn't it? You even get it in Mario games with Dry bones.

Aye, I suppose that's true - still, depending on how young your nephew is, pretty cool he's picking that up early.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 20:06

Might do the puzzley ones one day but it's mostly the combat ones left and I'm happy to leave them be.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 20:21

Muss wrote:
Might do the puzzley ones one day but it's mostly the combat ones left and I'm happy to leave them be.

Yeah my heart always sank a wee bit when those came up, shame they didn't shake up the enemy types for them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 21:25

The folks behind EDGE magazine recently launched an updated Top 100 Videogames Ever book. Guess what the new number one was? Dance
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 0:05

I don't know but I'm sure whatever it is is well justified and definitely not going to be overtaken for a long while (sorry Odyssey).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 9:17

I wouldn't take much notice of their list as The Last Guardian is on it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 15:57

I thought you liked The last guardian?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptySun 17 Sep 2017 - 16:03

It's okay game and nowhere near Top 100, it's more of talking piece due to its history then anything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 13:45

Of course it's number one, anything else would literally be laughable posturing.

The_Jaster wrote:
Muss wrote:

Yeah my heart always sank a wee bit when those came up, shame they didn't shake up the enemy types for them.

See, I quite like them. A nice fun little fight, easy peasy, with some cool weapons to take with me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 18:37

It was fine the first few times you see them but when they pop again & again it started to feel like they had ran out of shrine ideas, I would've just liked to see them maybe make combat trials a bit more varied by throwing in something like a Hinox or even a proper Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 22:08

The_Jaster wrote:
I would've just liked to see them maybe make combat trials a bit more varied by throwing in something like a Hinox or even a proper Guardian.

Yeah, that would've been tight. They should've cheated a little and stacked the difficulty proportionally to the order the combat trials are discovered in.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 8:23

The final DLC is upon us. This is great and all, but damn it Nintendo you were meant to give me enough warning to clear up the last shrines and make some time!
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 10:25

It makes sense releasing it just as they get Game of the Year at The Game Awards but wasn't it supposed to drop on New Year's Day or was that just a rumour? Anyway, I'm excited to get into this. I never got the first DLC either but that will all change when Father Christmas buys me the passes for BotW and XC2.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 12:20

NINTENDO ARE THE BEST AT SURPRISES!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 12:58

Fired this up for an hour this morning. Did I play the DLC? Did I fuck. I just got lost in the world again, mucked about with some enemies, found a shrine and a couple of Koroks . . . my desire to play this more, and the fact that the extra actual quest content will give me some direction as well while I muck around, means Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has been bumped back at least a week, more if I don't get enough time on this.

What a bloody game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 18:14

Yup pretty much done the same, I got all excited about the new content & once it had finished updating I took a pop at the final master sword trial for a good bit then ever since I failed that (on the 22nd floor DAMN YOU! ) I've just being doing the treasure hunt side quests for new armour. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 19:33

I'm going to buy it as soon as the game's update has finished downloading. Again, though, I'd stress that I'd like the ability to buy it on its own. If the other parts of the package are really without cost, they should have been free to download for all; otherwise I'd like that ability.

But! I'll still shell out for the full package, because I can get behind some more Zelda. I'm not as excited as I feel I should be, though. Wish I could rekindle the childlike joy the game first inspired in me. Maybe when I actually play it? Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 20:15

Now this might be a long shot but I think you may change your mind once you get into it and see what it offers, even though they have little to no story attached to them the various side quests are significant & fun little adventures/puzzles in their own right.

Also I imagine a lot of work went into making all the new armours too & I think it would be unfair if Nintendo gave them (dlc pack 1 content) away as freebies.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 8 Dec 2017 - 22:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 21:04

I think the 2 dlc packs are going to be much more comparable in terms of quality and quantity that we thought/hoped. Not very impressed with the new stuff so far. Guess I'll see how it develops.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 22:33

You mean you haven't finished it yet, Andy? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 30 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next