We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 17:30

There's room for Nintendo's machine to be a separate entity from the others while still featuring, quite sensibly, EA's big licensed titles which for a lot of people are the only games they play. I have friends who I could imagine would love a FIFA game they could play on the go, and then seamlessly also use as their main home console version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 21:29

EA may have dev kit but Thomas Mahler, one of the developers of Ori and the Blind Forest, the developer complained about Nintendo’s lack of communication with developers. Mahler said that he requested an NX developer kit from Nintendo, or at least some sort of specifications for the console, but the company never responded to his repeated requests. As a result, Mahler believes, the NX will only have limited software support for its first year after launch.

This is actually THE singlest most annoying thing for every dev out there. We also talked to Nintendo and got absolutely nothing – I’ll never understand that. And just to be clear, it’s not just Nintendo, every hardware manufacturer is treating their devkits and their unreleased consoles like they’re the second coming and are insanely secretive about it to a stupid degree in todays time. It’s not even that the hardware isn’t finished (duh), but you could at least give me the goddamn specs, so we’d know what to build shit for!

What’s needed to sell hardware is goddamn good software. With Nintendo not having any devkits out there at this point and probably even wanting to sell it in 2016, I can already guarantee that they’ll just not have any software support, since nobody can just jumble games together in less than a year. I mean, you can, but it’ll be garbage.

The same is true for Engine Support – Get Unity and Epic to support these consoles WAAAAY ahead of release. By the time the console launches, it should be EASY for developers to develop games for these systems, things shouldn’t just only start at this point. I want the goddamn devkits or at least proper hardware specs ideally 2 years before release – Keep all the developers updated, start a forum where devs can chat and figure out all the problems everyone’s having, instead of everyone just having to deal with it. None of that’s happening anywhere and it’s just braindamaged.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 15:37

Who want's a new NX game? Well Byte4Games, are planning to bring Mech Super Extended to the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo NX.

This gives us with all the rumors:

Mech Super Extended
Puzzle Box
Super Smash Bros for NX
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Final Fantasy XV Definitive Edition
Final Fantasy VII: Remake A Realm Reborn
The Legend of Zelda
Ambitious indie project which is on/coming to PS4 as well - some say No Man's Sky

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 20:27

Triple Post and the Anti-Hybrid guys will love this

A chap or chapette going by the name of ‘Geno’, this source outed information such as Pokemon X/Y using a full-3D engine, Microsoft’s Illumiroom project, and the PS4’s engine capabilities, among others. He is now sharing information that he as apparently gathered that pertains to the NX.

The Nintendo NX will have a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device, which can then be connected to an HDMI output.

The analog controls for movement has small motors in them for full haptic feedback to simulate running head first into walls or for firing guns.

It can literally Bluetooth sync with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device.

The closest in terms of “power” it gets to is the Xbox One, but an app idea is Wii U x50 and Playstation Vita x100. The key is that all the tech is exactly the same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One which then combine it with the OS’s strong emulation functions and compiler means that any game that can run off a Playstation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with near-zero modification to the original source code, especially if it runs in Android OS or Unreal Engine 4.

Social features of the Nintendo NX is hugely similar to the Pokemon GO’s.

Visually and functionally, the Nintendo NX is described by devs as if Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS had a baby.

Nintendo NX will run on NintendOS, which is very similar to Android, but aims to create an ecosystem, much like Windows 10.

Some of this we have heard rumors of before along with patents of things like the full haptic feedback, that all this could be all the rumors put together.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 23:07

Haptic feedback, as described there, sounds very cool and useful. This actually rings the most true for me, to be honest; a handheld so powerful they don't need an independent home machine would do wonders for a Nintendo who have become so reliant on handheld sales.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 1:48

Here's a link to the info mas talks about just to make things a bit clearer: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-a-leaker-with-a-great-track-record-revealed-megatons-of-info-about-ni

----

To me it sounds like there's scope within that info to be a handheld device or even 2 separate devices, the wireless HDMI part is interesting especially when it's grouped with this:

Quote :

The device uses an evolved version of the Wii U's streaming tech to display in HD on the TV screen.

So, could you take said HDMI dongle anywhere & plug into any tv & stream your games?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 6:09

That link offers nothing new.

I doubt that I can be at home then have your in put hdmi plugged in at Shanks and he gets the stream of my game.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 7:06

masofdas wrote:
That link offers nothing new.

I doubt that I can be at home then have your in put hdmi plugged in at Shanks and he gets the stream of my game.

I never said it did offer anything new, just thought a link was needed. Also the streaming thing would be no different to something like an amazon fire stick or other similar devices except for your games & that'd be much more appealing to me than a controller that's also a handheld.

For example I look after my nephews every now & then but don't usually take a console with me because it's a hassle for a number of reasons so to have something that small where I could stream my games would be quality!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 9:23

Why was it needed when all the info was in my post?

What your saying is what I think they'll do, within a certain distance.

It still make the system a hybrid and I think I said about the HDMI idea on of the very first pages on how they would make a handheld plug into a TV with ease.

Maybe also there's a slot on the actual system to put the HDMI connecter that you can easily take with you anywhere and just plug it in.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 9:50

masofdas wrote:

I had read the info in that link prior to seeing your post & the bullet points just make the info a bit clearer that's all.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 11:30

masofdas wrote:

You should always share the source, Mas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 13:03

That wasn't my source and I may of not been able to say like with Star Fox Zero rumors.

If I can put a source I do and next time I'll put bullet points then Jas doesn't have to repeat me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 13:53

mas wrote:
If I can put a source I do and next time I'll put bullet points then Jas doesn't have to repeat me.

It's not a competition though, is it? Most of us follow gaming news pretty close so will know about this stuff the majority of the time plus it'd be more interesting to hear your thoughts on the rumours rather than just the rumours themselves.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 15:25

I just felt you undermined me when you post the exactly the same thing as me.

I have put my thoughts in response to your thoughts on the HDMI streaming.

I put the news to hopefully start some chat on the NX rumors but now I may not bother and when I hear about a possible delay of a game ala Star Fox Zero ages before it became public knowledge. I'll just let you find out from q news site instead of giving you guys a heads up.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 16:30

Chaps, there's no need for the conversation to go like this. Both of you have acted with the best of intentions.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 16:47

What in these rumours is anti-hybrid? If anything it makes it sound more like a handheld that can be used as a console right? A HDMI dongle that can be used to link up to a TV, a design reminiscent of the 2DS crossed with a samsung, and "You can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto NX screen(s)."
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 16:54

Hmm, yeah it's more of a handheld for sure but if there's no console or not at launch with the NintendOS and this is the only way to play Diddy Kong Racing 2 on a TV and all the other games built for NX to start with wouldn't it make it a hybrid or is Nintendo going all in with a handheld which just can happen plug into a TV?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 7:25

masofdas wrote:
I just felt you undermined me when you post the exactly the same thing as me.

I have put my thoughts in response to your thoughts on the HDMI streaming.

I put the news to hopefully start some chat on the NX rumors but now I may not bother and when I hear about a possible delay of a game ala Star Fox Zero ages before it became public knowledge. I'll just let you find out from q news site instead of giving you guys a heads up.

I honestly don't see how me putting a link ruins your post in any way especially when I already clearly mention that said link is of the info you already posted. I also know you are trying to create discussion but when you make a triple post with new rumours & no one enters the discussion in between those post then maybe it isn't needed or a different approach would be better.

I personally also prefer to keep posts short if possible and rather than quote you and having a huge text box I used the link more as a reference to what I found interesting about the rumours.

ZeroJones wrote:
Chaps, there's no need for the conversation to go like this. Both of you have acted with the best of intentions.

It's all good, I just felt I had to point out that people might be more eager to enter the discussion if mas had went about his post in a different way.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 10:38

Apparently Beyond good & evil 2 will be funded by Nintendo for NX.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nintendo-funding-beyond-good-and-evil-sequel-346059.phtml

----

If this happens to be true then this is a really great move by Nintendo. Your thoughts everyone?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 10:43

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 OMG-Katy-perry-califonia-dreams
or you can have this OMG instead

On a serious note, one of my predictions for 2016 was that we would see something like Bayo 2 or Devils Third funded by Nintendo but I never thought it could be BG&E2 as Ubisoft and Nintendo's relationship became a little so-so with the Wii U.

But money talks also that's one of my predctions down if true as I say every year BG&E2 won't be seen.

A Nintendo system is the place I would want to play BG&E2 after playing BG&E on Cube and it's Zelda-Like.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 11:23

PLEASE BE TRUE PLEASE
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 12:26

It's time for NX Silly Season everybody!  Remember before the Wii U's launch how people were saying it would feature Shenmue 3 and Mother 4 and have the horsepower of Sleipnir?  Happy days...

This is more likely because there's a second rumour-person backing it up.  It's also less likely because it's NXSS, and people are going to be jumping about and exaggerating and outright lying to get millions of Nintendo fans (and the otherwise curious) to pay attention to them.  While Nintendo certainly isn't below this (see Bayo 2, and... er... Devil's Third), and while it would be a tremendous coup from a goodwill perspective (albeit almost certainly underwhelming sales-wise), I'll wait for it to actually show up before I jump up and down.

Also a way to experience the original for those of us who missed it on GC would be grand thank you NintenSoft.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 12:32

It would be an odd choice, that's surely more niche than Bayo?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 12:35

Quote :
thank you NintenSoft.

*Imagines a merger of Nintendo & From Software*

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 XZ2sEbd
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 12:59

Crumpy Andy wrote:
It would be an odd choice, that's surely more niche than Bayo?

It is as if you look at just the sales, it only sold 510,000 over 3 platforms from what I can find but it's an absolute classic but we seen from Psychonauts which only sold 210k but it's crowdfunding surely shows people want more of it, same with Shenmue.

I reckon it's word of mouth from people that did play it and then people picked up a cheap used copy on there PS2 back in the day along with peeps that totally missed it but have heard it's good but can't got back to the older ones.

I can't find-out how BG&EHD did where it was released, maybe they could port that or bundle it for the likes of Balla who I give Boo for missing a fantastic game on the GameCube.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next