We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:08

I've never played the original either. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:10

I'm not sure rereleasing it will do it any favours, that game is pretty dated... It's a decent game, but not the classic it's held up to be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:20

Wait what?

You saying the game is dated in general even without a HD version it's a classic which we proved by it going into counting classics twice.

And if that's a dated game then and not classic then what the hell is something like Twilight Princess and were getting excited to play that again.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:23

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'm not sure rereleasing it will do it any favours, that game is pretty dated... It's a decent game, but not the classic it's held up to be.

Lies

I played Beyond Good and Evil for the first time maybe 2 years ago, and it is an amazing game. I keep meaning to get and play through the HD re-release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:35

I played the HD rerelease about 3 or 4 years a go and found the combat to be lacking and the rest of the game to be alright...

I don't know how well TP holds up, but I certainly don't get why people are actually excited to play it. From memory I'd say TP would hold up a lot better though, the dungeons alone should hold it well above BG&E
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:50

It may hold up better it is newer by a few years from first release.

But people are excited to play a classic game in TPHD, yeah it may not stand up with modern gaming and same applies for BG&E.

Being a little dated should mean anything, as they play well still.

I reckon if we looked and every game that we decide was a classic, I reckon you could pick thoughts with any of them due to graphic design, controls, story but none of that takes away from them being classics.

It could be said for almost any medium or anything, a classic Mustang even without all the new bits that a modern one has, yet it's still a classic.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:52

But I don't think BG&E does play that well...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 13:56

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 Pop2
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 14:09

Typical Crumpy though, it seems also it is rare that you like a retro game.

As I reckon you'll tell me Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Okami don't play well.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 14:18

It's not like he's being unreasonable about it though & just because it was voted for in a thread doesn't mean he or anyone else has to agree with it.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 14:33

The combat is pretty basic stuff but it is perfectly serviceable for an action-adventure game, especially when the emphasis is on the story and it is only one element of the gameplay. The stealth works well throughout and the puzzles never feel obtuse while still being satisfying to work through. Taking pictures with the camera is as unique today as it was then and it is a great element of the game. The vehicles control great and lead to some very fun gameplay segments.

The game is dated in that it plays very much like a PS2 era action-adventure, but that isn't in any way indicative of the game quality. I wish more games were still like Beyond Good and Evil.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 15:21

I've not even said it was a bad game, just not this stone cold classic. The Zelda's do hold up pretty well, as much as I don't think Ocarina is the best, the 3DS version felt fine to play, Okami holds up just fine. I think MM is pretty clunky because the masks often control like crap, but that's the only one I have real issues with.

I also don't agree that I feel that way about all retro games, I've recently enjoyed Ratchet and Clank, before that I enjoyed the Sly trilogy, the God of Wars and the original Jak and Daxter. Sure I find a lot of old games rough, but I've not got the nostalgia to help me through.

I just found BG&E to be kinda clunky it most respects and I don't think it's a particularly memorable game. At the time it may have been mindblowing, but the only thing that has truly stuck with me is clunkyness.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 18:37

The_Jaster wrote:
I've never played the original either. Laughing

Neither have I. It's an interesting rumour because the production of Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third lends it a soupcon of credibility - but I bet it's horse.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 19:10

This is one case where I feel that Mas' Boo is kind of deserved - that said, I was young, and rumours of game-breaking bugs and stealth sections put me off in equal measure. If they can release a version without the former, let alone a sequel, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 21:51

I think a similar package to the Bayonetta combo deal on Wii U would be amazing in this situation. I've got BG&E HD sitting on my PS3 as I got it free through PS+, but I've fond memories of the original. I never beat it though because young teen Jay was shit at stealth sections. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 10:50

Your right Jas it's Andy's opinion on the game and he may only think it's okay,

I don't want his opinion to put off the likes of yourself, Balla, Zero who may all like the BG&E which a majority of us think is a classic, it could be like Earthbound for Balla who has heard is a classic and gone back and fund issues with it.

Not saying everyone will like it but it's worth a try if you can hunt the game down if the rumors of a second is true which might be after some of the 3DS leak, we seen last night.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 10:53

At the same time I wouldn't want people to rush out and buy it, only to be disappointed in it. People know my opinions are often off center enough to know how theirs match up...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 10:56

You can get it pretty cheap on anything but GameCube, that it's not going to set you back a lot if you don't like it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:14

masofdas wrote:
Your right Jas it's Andy's opinion on the game and he may only think it's okay,

I don't want his opinion to put off the likes of yourself, Balla, Zero who may all like the BG&E which a majority of us think is a classic, it could be like Earthbound for Balla who has heard is a classic and gone back and fund issues with it.

Not saying everyone will like it but it's worth a try if you can hunt the game down if the rumors of a second is true which might be after some of the 3DS leak, we seen last night.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
At the same time I wouldn't want people to rush out and buy it, only to be disappointed in it. People know my opinions are often off center enough to know how theirs match up...

I've disagreed with Andy on lot's of different things on here & on skype, usually when he dislikes something I'm more inclined to try it to see if he's telling the truth or just to get to the bottom of his bullshit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:27

Yet still nobody has watched Mr Robot so that I can be proven right that it's bloody naff. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:44

I watched the first episode and it was very good
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:54

Crumpy Andy wrote:

Well, true - but it's still not clear exactly what you don't like about it. What doesn't hold up? Controls? Graphics? Story? World?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:54

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Without wanting to derail the thread further, yes it was, as were the 2 or 3 episodes following it. Then it quickly falls apart.

Balladeer wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:

Well, true - but it's still not clear exactly what you don't like about it. What doesn't hold up? Controls? Graphics? Story? World?

Gameplay more than anything else and I don't think the Story was anything worth mentioning, obviously the graphics are naff.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 14:37

Crumpy Andy wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Without wanting to derail the thread further, yes it was, as were the 2 or 3 episodes following it. Then it quickly falls apart.

Fair enough, I haven't watched any more of it!

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Gameplay more than anything else and I don't think the Story was anything worth mentioning, obviously the graphics are naff.

*rage rising*

The game still looks good and the story is great ;-;
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 15:39

You get used to it OR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next