Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 22:39

triple post

Quote from Shigsy about the NX

After Wii U, we're hoping that next time it will be a very big hit. But really what's most important to us is, how do we create a system that is both unique and affordable so that everyone can afford it and everyone can enjoy it.

Please don't be under-speced if it's a true home console.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 22:52

Under-speccing (a word?) is how Nintendo have always operated. Personally, I'd love to see them put a bit more oomph under the next home console's bonnet so that it can properly compete with the XBox Two and PS5... but I don't think they'll do it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 22:54

masofdas wrote:
From Reggie about the PS4 & XBONE

From a Nintendo perspective, we clearly have strength here in the Americas, we have strength in Europe and we have strength in Japan. That isn’t necessarily true of some of our more direct competitors.

I don't really know what Reggie's trying to say here. Nintendo does it have its fans, but they're clearly outclassed in Europe and North America by Sony and Microsoft. Is he saying "Ninty's selling loads in Japan so fk u m8"? Someone help me here. Laughing

Re: underspeccing. If it makes their next console "unaffordable" to the masses - read, £350+ - then they won't do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 22:55

Be soon to compete with them but it has to be at least on par with a PS4 or slightly more.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 16:56

I don't think the NX needs to be a powerhouse but it certainly needs to be majorly better than the Wii U which is unarguably pathetic in terms of specifications as the following table and helpful info-graphic show:
Table and helpful info-graphic:

The Wii U is therefore actually closer to the Xbone in terms of oomph. The only feasible way to increase the NX to such a standard though is to drop the whole idea of innovative controllers and buy a better GPU and CPU and more RAM instead. I mean, if the Wii U pro controller was improved a bit it could release along side the NX and as an added extra there would be no need to explain to people what it's for or how to use it.
More oomph would also make third parties more inclined to develop for it as scaling back the game would be less of an issue.

So that's my first hope for the NX: Be beefy.

Second on the list of hopes doesn't need much explanation but the NX, despite being brand new, must undercut the Xbone and PS4 in price. Otherwise I can't envisage it being able to lure in new customers or even those who were turned away from Nintendo by the Wii U.

Third hope: The NX must have an ethernet port, the other two can fit one onto the back of their console so I don't see why the Nintendo couldn't do the same.

Fourth Hope: The NX should get ports of a handful (but not all) of the Wii U's games. Starfox, Xenoblade X, Zelda U et al. This is to bolster the NX's launch lineup. Full backwards compatibility is also an option but it makes me feel uneasy, I want to see these games with the NX logo and I want to see them all prettied up with slicker graphics and so on.  Full backwards compatibility sends the wrong message when the NX should be moving the company forward.

My fifth hope is also a fear: THE WII U MUST DIE! Dramatics aside, I think for the NX to have a completely unhindered life the Wii U should be terminated not more than 6 months into the NX's life cycle. It would also make clear to consumers that the NX is THE Nintendo console to own.

So them's my thoughts, who want to be the first to tell me I'm right?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 17:09

Duck... you're right. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 17:15

I want to be the first to tell you that backwards compatibility is an absolute must. Re-release the Wii U games at a lower price if they have to, but definitely keep moving forwards, creating great new games.

If they want to remake a game for launch, do SM64, or the Mother trilogy.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 18:12

Beefy is great and I do think it has to be on par with the PS4 or better but still won't help with 3rd party as people that want to play a FIFA for instance that is a Nintendo fan will likely own a PS4 or a XBONE and there friends are likely to own a PS4 or XBONE, Jimbob has said it if you buy a Nintendo system you'll have to but one of the others.

It was fine for the Wii as Grandma's played and it was cheap that most people did own both it and a 360 or a PS3, due to what it did.

The NX just can't be Nintendo's version of a PS4 as it will only appeal to the 10 million or so Nintendo fans that buy a console it seems, hence a hybrid as more people by Nintendo handhelds and even people that don't think there Nintendo fans buy them for likes of Pokemon as the none Nintendo fan that owns a PS4 isn't going to rush out for a NX that does the same. So the NX has to do something New and different like the Wii did that the PS4 owner wants one.

The Wii U from what Reggie & Shigsy have been saying about it, in the past tense is that it's almost dead now and you just have to look at the Wii & Cube both died from Nintendo's side right away.

On BC I'm not bothered as I am buying a NX to play NX games, I own a Wii U to play Wii U games also means NX has to have a gamepad or a gamepad add-on for it to have it and also maybe the same architecture as the Wii U which still running on GameCube architecture, there is ways around that with emulation etc but starting a fresh is the best option.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:06

Duck wrote:
my first hope for the NX: Be beefy.

mas wrote:
Beefy is great

That's it! Just call it the Nintendo beefy with added free beef for every owner. (Vegetarian solus pack also available)
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:13

Laughing Laughing I want that to be a tagline.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:28

That can be arranged!  Although I saw "Beefy is great" and immediately thought of the cricketer who celebrated his last bowl in the game by getting his penis out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:55

Duck o'Death wrote:
Laughing Laughing  I want that to be a tagline.

*tips hat* Thank you! Sir Duck o'Death. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 18:31

More NX news out of a share holder meeting

We can't talk about the NX. If we do, competitors may take our ideas and customers won't be surprised. This would not be beneficial for the company or its shareholders. The NX is new hardware, and will start from 0. However, the 3DS and Wii U have install bases. Immediately cutting off software for previous hardware upon the release of a new machine is inefficient. We will continue making 3DS and Wii U software while preparing for the NX. We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U.

Some interesting stuff to read into that, they bring up both 3DS & Wii U and how it's worded does sound a bit Hybrid.

But then closing bit about the Wii U does seem to signal to me NX is a console and that what's left to come will satisfy Wii U owners till the NX comes out.

I do have to laugh at the cutting of software bit as Nintendo has always cut off soon as the next system has come out but might be a poor translation and mean that there still working on Wii U and not just cutting it off now ala SEGA with Saturn to Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 19:48

You would read it as meaning a hybrid as that's what you want it to be. Laughing

Quote :
However, the 3DS and Wii U have install bases. Immediately cutting off software for previous hardware upon the release of a new machine is inefficient.

That part to me is pretty clear, it means that some games will still be released (for wii U/3ds) even when the NX is launching.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 20:07

I don't want a hybrid myself it just makes the most sense. I want a console.

On that bit that you point out you would hope games still for the 3DS as NX is likely a console how Reggie & Shigsy have been talking. Unless it's a hybrid.

But a we know from Nintendo past they haven't not supported there old consoles that well when the new one comes out. They go and focus on the new system and could you blame them with Wii U sales numbers.

The main thing that has been said more then once in the meeting is satisfy current Wii U owners which makes sense as there most likely to go get a NX if there happy with there Nintendo gaming.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 4:58

mas wrote:
I don't want a hybrid myself it just makes the most sense. I want a console.

I swear I've seen you say you wanted a hybrid before (you certainly argued it's case hard enough as well) but now that the rumours are pointing to a console you have changed your mind......well, at least that's how it seems.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 7:06

I argued the point as it makes the most dam sense doesn't I mean, I want it as I do barely play my 3DS but if I was Nintendo I know what I would do and I've not been the only one to think that.

I even said in the podcast with Balla that.

Also the most interesting part of the quote is what's this great thing they don't want the others to copy.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 7:46

As I'm a bit out of the loop can you explain why a hybrid makes the most " dam sense" and not just the next home console
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 9:59

Read Scully's article on Tired Old Hack.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 16:17

I've been reading about the Wii's launch and how it brought back "old Nintendo", who fought against disinterest rather than its competitors, and it made me realise how genius the whole thing was. Not that I didn't think it was genius before, but nearly everything about it had meaning.

Its focus on pure gaming rather than the sorts of games the industry were making -- remember, the industry was disinterested in Wii until it became a success). Virtual Console and the Classic Controller -- these were to get "real gamers" on board with the familiar, similar to how NES had the NES advantage controller (it had a joystick like Atari controllers).

I'd like to see some of that with NX. In fact, I'd be for moving games from Wii U and 3DS to NX. NX needs a strong launch to get the fans and gamers on board as soon as possible, whilst also catering for users that Nintendo hopes to tempt over via its five planned mobile games before April 2017. Putting Twilight Princess on Wii did a lot of good for that system (as did that Smash trailer in E3 2006), and Nintendo needs to get its messaging on point.

Wii U's messaging was a disaster, it was both a system to appeal to the existing market and new players, and Iwata said its main aim was to bring players in the living room together with asynchronous multiplayer.

That's a laudable aim, but its value just wasn't there. It's somewhat ironic that one of Wii U's best and freshest games -- Splatoon -- incorporates nothing about what Nintendo wanted Wii U to be. It's a primarily online and the very opposite of what brings people together in the same room.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 19:20

@Mas - Here's a few things you said a few months back maybe you've since changed your mind but you can see why I think you have contradicted yourself with your recent post.

Mas wrote:
On the actual thing like I said I want a hybrid and I can't see best of what a VITA can do now which is run a PS3 like Borderlands 2 okay not great but can still run it and that's running on 3+ year old tech what could a new systems in 2017 do.

Mas wrote:
I was trying to end it with my last post Balla but you did ask what we thought the NX was and what we want and that's a hybrid for me if people disagree they disagree.

----

As I've said elsewhere on paper I can see why it makes sense to some people (much like a console that could play everything) but if you put that idea into production a tonne of variables will pop up that for me not only make it bad for Nintendo but us gamers as well.

Most people want Nintendo to drop the "gimmicks" and I think that's how a hybrid device would be viewed as by most gamers, anyhow to get this all back on the intended topic I just hope they keep the NX nice and simple and innovate with their games like they always do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 19:32

but you did ask what we thought the NX was which I replied with hybrid as that's what I think it is.

Well from the share meeting, and the we aren't saying anything about it as the others might copy us, which doesn't sound nice & simple to me. It sounds more of a gimmick again to me coming but it worked for the Wii.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 19:37

It's there in bold (twice) you did say you wanted it, so what changed your mind?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 19:45

Nothing I've always thought the same on the whole NX / Hybrid deal.

Just listened to EP 2 Podcast from 60 mark we talk NX & Mobile, we were so wrong about mobile.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 19:59

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next