We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 22:21

I think £250 might be too expensive unless the tech/idea is mind-blowing. That price point hasn't helped the Wii-U and a major reason why the Wii flew off the shelves was because it was affordable (and bought as a second console in some homes).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 22:25

The price would put on par with the Xbox One S and PS4 Slim, sure it won't be as powerful as those but if they can go you play a almost as good FIFA or whatever on the NX on the go.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 4:25

masofdas wrote:
Nothing there is really out of the question and I think most people would want.

That's probably the top reason for why I think it's bollocks. Laughing

---

You know what? I'm starting to doubt that the "brand new way to play games" from Nintendo is something as simple as a device that can play console-like games on the go. It just seems way too simple, there has to be another hook to it no one has seen or attempted before.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 6:13

I'm waiting for an ad over here that uses the slogan "There's no play like it" (I think that was it?). Firstly, it's true! Also, got to agree with my surnamesake: Nintendo need to keep the price down so that they can target the NX being a person's second system, à la Wii. They've got to play this just right if they want the 'DOOMED' brigade to be silenced.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 9:22

It is rumoured to have 3 USB Ports with one being 3.0 for something Nintendo will say is Special but isn't really that special.

What it is I don't know, it be something like plugging in the second controller knowing Nintendo and not something cool like VR.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 19:18

masofdas wrote:
and not something cool like VR.  

Mas is on fire with the jokes these days! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 21:32

masofdas wrote:
It is rumoured to have 3 USB Ports with one being 3.0 for something Nintendo will say is Special but isn't really that special.

It's the Smash Bros. Gamecube adaptor. The new one's got 8 controller ports in (for t'WiiU version) so it needs 3 USBs to power all that Cubey goodness.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2016 - 10:13

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
and not something cool like VR.  

Mas is on fire with the jokes these days! Winky Face

Classic Mas! ('Massic'?)

Meanwhile, I've started listening to the IGN Nintendo Voice Chat podcast, and they've suggested that Nintendo might announce the thing's existence and release date behind closed doors, at the investors' meeting at the end of this month; then show some actual details and games to the public next year.

That would be baws. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2016 - 10:21

I watched Jimmy's Video and he does make some good points but then you got people like Colin Moriarty at the other end of the spectrum on VR.

It was similar with motion controls some hated and some do, but really that is really the only special thing I can think off Nintendo could do and I reckon if Nintendo did VR it would be glorious and VR would either get more or less praise because it's Nintendo.

But I heard something about why there is going to be two SKUs which might be the special thing, one sku will be just the handheld and the other will be the handheld and docking station with the docking station likely connecting via the 3.0 USB.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2016 - 11:37

Releasing no details until January at best would be devastating for Nintendo. They will not sell many more Wii U's without a drastic price cut, which must mean they're worried the 3DS will lose sales. I really hope it's not true but hoping won't make it so.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2016 - 11:41

They only anticipated to shift 800k Wii Us but if we don't have NX couldn't / shouldn't Nintendo be pushing the 3DS now with Pokemon to keep focused on them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 15:32

It says 'rumour'.  Probably all amount to nothing.  Don't get excited (for BG&E'2' existence and exclusivity).  Don't get excited.  Don't get exciHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

The thought of them replacing one of gaming's better female protagonists with a thirty-something white guy doesn't appeal though, I have to say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 17:20

It says they are going flesh out Jade's story, I hope it's true but dam Summer 2018, it seems so far away but saying that Bayo 2 was a good while after the first trailer.

BG&E2 would still be the thing that would make me buy a NX more then almost anything else.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 14:44

Investor meeting curtailed compared to normal. Yes this would be beyond dull, were it not for thoughts (see above) that the NX might get its first formal info. at this meeting... which, again, would be baws.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:15

Quote :
It is unlikely—though not impossible—that the company would talk about the NX this week via online presentations

Doesn't that part basically mean a direct of some sort for the official unveiling? Which means the financial meeting would just be detailing said direct.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:17

That would be ideal... but as they say, unlikely. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:34

Well, folk have been saying that Nintendo like Tuesdays for official announcements & it seems like it lines up pretty well with the meeting on the 26th & then have the reveal on November 1st.

That could all be bollocks like every other NX rumour though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 16:09

How much longer can they go with out announcing it before they lose hype and some like gJones look elsewhere for their gaming.

Also where will the NX go the forum, I guess it have it's own section like the Wii's and DS's.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 16:55

mas wrote:
Also where will the NX go the forum, I guess it have it's own section like the Wii's and DS's.

I guess the "wii U & wii" section will just become "NX & wii U"
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 16:59

Depends if it replaces the Wii U or both. Maybe we have "NX", "Wii U and 3DS", and "Nintendetro"...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 17:02

It will sort of be both but more Wii U then 3DS.

I don't know if a Nintendo Retro thread would be really necessary as the current all format retro doesn't get much use.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 17:04

The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:

I guess the "wii U & wii" section will just become "NX & wii U"

That's what I'm thinking, as it seems like the NX will replace the Wii U. Rest assured that Jay and I will have many a heated debate on the issue in the years before the console is announced! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 17:32

Pots and pans shall be thrown, spears shall be shaken, shield shall be splintered...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 18:59

...bans will last seven seconds... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 22:17

JayMoyles wrote:
Pots and pans shall be thrown, spears shall be shaken, shield shall be splintered...

Shhhhh....they will hear you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next