We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 7:35

The_Jaster wrote:
Andy wrote:
Pretty sure Splinter Cell actually had some thought put into it too.

It did & I enjoyed it but whoever thought of/made those motion controlled drone sections needs a proper slap in the coupon.

Oh man, I loved Blacklist but I couldn't get past those drone bits because of the broken controls. I couldn't find anything online about the Wii-U's drone section at the time and always thought it was just my Gamepad having issues. Ended up mostly playing the other modes instead - really need to pick Blacklist up on 360 and work through it again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 7:41

Even though it annoyed the hell out of me I powered on with it & somehow done it, while we are on the subject that'd be a nice NX launch title (A new Splinter Cell) from Ubi.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 16:25

They haven't made a Splinter Cell game since Chaos Theory in 2005
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 19:14

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 AP0qrIP

Anyone see Tesco put up a preorder for the NX this morning then took down right away?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 12:44

Not strictly on topic, but on the current conversation topic: UbiSoft continue to troll their fanbase mercilessly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 15:12

I don't see how that is a troll.

---

On topic:

After seeing this picture on reddit this morning I'd be absolutely fine with NX going with an NVIDIA shield like design for the NX controller/handheld. (basically what Falco is holding) This solves one of the things that bugs me a fair bit about a hybrid system as the controls would then be the exact same for when on the go & at home.

So would anyone else mind them doing this?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 15:17

Wouldn't that become kinda awkward when you attach the screen? I'd imagine it wouldn't necessarily be too light, especially if winged like a normal controller.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 15:39

No doubt it'd be heavier than most controllers but I'd take that over feeling handicapped when it comes to controls if they are different when using it as a handheld (vita remote play comes to mind here) in fact if the handheld was different I'd personally have no reason to want to play it that way.

Which means I wouldn't be getting the full use out of the system.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 15:40

The_Jaster wrote:
I don't see how that is a troll.

Ubi have been promising that BG&E2 is in the works, without showing anything concrete, for at least five years now.  So at this point, anything BG&E2-related that doesn't show that there's an actual game behind it counts as trolling.  

I'd just like a smaller gamepad to be honest.  But rebranded so it looks nothing like the gamepad - the Wii U name and appearance is (sigh) commercially toxic now.

OH COME ON THIS IS JUST SILLY
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 20:05

Surprised this whole thread hasn't turned into swathes of REDACTED. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 17:44

I'll tell you what I'm hoping for with the NX: some games for us to talk about. I've been thinking this for ages, and it's really been clear over the last week: there's fuck all for us to talk about, isn't there? Nintendo's secrecy has well and truly humped us, like it did with Nintendo Gamer and ONM. Sad to say it, but it feels like this place is on it's arse at the minute, all because there's hee-haw going on just now.

Nobody's updated that Wii U sub-section in a week. That anime thread is on it's ninth page or something mental like that. Balladeer's started a thread that's bascially asking people to list animals from computer games. I haven't found any good bargains on Wii U or 3DS in months. It's nobody's fault here, but - bloody hell! - is this still a Nintendo gaming forum? I hope that the launch of the NX gives this place a boot up the arse.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 20:23

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'll tell you what I'm hoping for with the NX: some games for us to talk about. I've been thinking this for ages, and it's really been clear over the last week: there's fuck all for us to talk about, isn't there? Nintendo's secrecy has well and truly humped us, like it did with Nintendo Gamer and ONM. Sad to say it, but it feels like this place is on it's arse at the minute, all because there's hee-haw going on just now.

Nobody's updated that Wii U sub-section in a week. That anime thread is on it's ninth page or something mental like that. Balladeer's started a thread that's bascially asking people to list animals from computer games. I haven't found any good bargains on Wii U or 3DS in months. It's nobody's fault here, but - bloody hell! - is this still a Nintendo gaming forum? I hope that the launch of the NX gives this place a boot up the arse.

I think it's also because a lot of us have been done with the Wii-U since last year. It looks like a bleak 6 months, and personally I hope the NX is revealed soon because I'm close to buying a PS4 and can only afford system to be honest. It's probably the worst time to be a Nintendo gamer as far as I can recall, and they seem to be playing a dangerous game when quite a few members here (who I'd consider hardcore Nintendo fans) are cautious of the NX.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 20:52

When Nintendo Life is struggling for articles, you know it's bad. The start of September - with that lovely Direct - is in stark contrast to the start of October, where the next thing to look forward to is the at best divisive Paper Mario: Colour Splash. When the majority of posts are made in the bottom four forums, I call it 'living downstairs'; there are no/few individual games to talk about, so we fall back onto chatting gaming culture instead. In short, gagging for NX news, aye.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 22:56

There's a current rumour that there'll be a announcement on the 21st of this month.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 7:03

I'll tell you what I'm hoping for with the NX: some games for us to talk about. I've been thinking this for ages, and it's really been clear over the last week: there's fuck all for us to talk about, isn't there?

Obviously there's not much to talk about now, but I don't think it's as bad as you say.  But thanks for providing more discussion material. Winky Face

Yes Nintendo aren't doing us, or themselves I reckon, any favours with their elongated period of silence.  Even if we could just glimpse the machine, that would give us something concrete to talk/moan about, but you can't really get discussion started until we see some new games.  I reckon that might bring some people who don't currently visit the forum back as well.  And what's killing discussion more when linked to that, as GJones says, is the Wii U being dead in the water.  The 3DS is arguably winding down too.

However the 3DS isn't as dead as the Wii U, and this is where I reckon you're being a bit harsh.  Because we're going through a period with several decent 3DS games coming out or just come out: Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Chase Cold, AA6 (the last of which reaches megaton status for me).  And there's a demo. for Pokémon S&M coming out this month, with the real thing out next.  We've also had good chat about the 3DS Direct as recently as last month.  They might not all be to your taste, Cappa, but there are games to discuss.  

And it's important to remember that, while the winding-down of the Wii killed off the print Nintendo mag, we survived, in one form or another.  We mostly survived by looking back at old games and making threads about them, like my silly zoo thing or Simply the Best (sorry I've not got around to reading the old NGamers gents, I did prefer them in paper form Aww! ).  There's always discussion to be had, even if it's not as vibrant as it will be once we get wind of something, anything, about the NX.  

(Also the anime thread thing is completely separate from activity elsewhere: there just happened to have been an anime on that two of us really 'enjoyed' *sob*.  If there was a series of thrilling wrestling matches on once a week for the next three months, I'd expect similar to happen to that thread.)

I'm looking forward to filling in my Meet the Admin. Team answers and ripping other people's apart later today myself!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 12:24

The games I've been playing haven't really lent themselves to much discussion, outwith of Spirit of Justice. I've been playing Overwatch - a multiplayer shooter where I discuss the game with folks whilst playing it - and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, where I've almost definitely missed the boat on chatting about it. Although, I might go resurrect that old thread... hmm.

October's a guff month for gaming in general though - post summer and pre-Christmas, and it's looking like remasters ahoy even on other platforms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 15:42

Never mind the NX guys: Nintendo are making a new Cruis'n arcade game! Cruis'n! Game! Arcade! New!

WHY AREN'T YOU EXCITED YET
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 16:44

gjones wrote:

I think it's also because a lot of us have been done with the Wii-U since last year. It looks like a bleak 6 months, and personally I hope the NX is revealed soon because I'm close to buying a PS4 and can only afford system to be honest. It's probably the worst time to be a Nintendo gamer as far as I can recall, and they seem to be playing a dangerous game when quite a few members here (who I'd consider hardcore Nintendo fans) are cautious of the NX.

Hard choice that as you would think PS4 will be cheaper (that's going of the Slims RRP which is £240 not a used one) and the huge library of games but the NX will have Nintendo games and likely portable.

So the question I think you need to ask yourself do you value portability and Nintendo games over home console gaming and what games PS4 has which is likely even if you discount the exclusive, the 3rd party titles like PES which I know you would like, that the NX may not get.

@Jay October had the most games coming and November only has a few titles maybe some big ones but not much.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 22:12

masofdas wrote:
gjones wrote:

Hard choice that as you would think PS4 will be cheaper (that's going of the Slims RRP which is £240 not a used one) and the huge library of games but the NX will have Nintendo games and likely portable.

So the question I think you need to ask yourself do you value portability and Nintendo games over home console gaming and what games PS4 has which is likely even if you discount the exclusive, the 3rd party titles like PES which I know you would like, that the NX may not get.

Yeah, well I'm going to spend the next 6 months saving for either an NX at launch (depending on what's revealed) or a PS4 with a selection of games. I'm leaning towards PS4 at the moment as it has the definitive version of PES, Shenmue 3 in the future, and then games like The Witcher, Fallout, Bloodborne, Uncharted, Last of Us, GTA V etc. Tonnes of games I've missed out on. Could always get an NX in a couple of years...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 8:55

gjones wrote:
I'm leaning towards PS4 at the moment...

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 5b5e7928ca7a1e5ac7d52f9353850596
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 9:05

Can you really blame him though the PS4 has something like 1200 games, the NX has officially 2 and the Big N like how Cappa was talking hasn't been the best of company for there fans over the past 6 months or so, it is very much feels like the Saturn to Dreamcast where it was nothing for 9 months (I think it was that long) and dint help SEGA as a lot of the few left went elsewhere.

The thing is I think they will be completely different systems not like a PS4 or ONE but more like a PS4 or 3DS and what do you want a home console or a handheld, yeah the NX is a hybrid but it be more of a handheld you plug into the TV then a console you take on the go, if every rumour is sort of true.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 10:46

I ended up getting a PS4 last November, mainly because the Wii U's prospects looked so bleak for 2016. I convinced myself at the start of that month that I could just keep going with having the Wii U and 3DS (as I thought that there would surely be a few surprises to come, and a 2016 release date for the NX), but Nintendo's Christmas line-up for 2015 was the definite breaking point. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Animal Crossing amiibo Festival and Rodea The Sky Soldier were all keech, just terrible. This year, I'd say that Pokken Tournament is the best Wii U game of 2016 so far, and that's a reasonable 7/10 kind of game, in my opinion. On 3DS, Nintendo of Europe are calling 2016 "The Year of the JRPG", which is useless if you don't like JRPGs. Most people don't like JRPGs.

Can't blame any Nintendo gamers for getting a PS4, to be honest. Nintendo are playing "a dangerous game" indeed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 9:46

We have new rumours from a moderating team on the NX subreddit this has been picked up by NLife, I have seen others talk about it as well.

This is what they "know"

How it will be Marketed:
"Interact with games on the go" is apparently a key marketing phrase, seen on a poster. I said similar for a while, this how they should push it.
Mario launch title reportedly prominent on early 'posters'.
At least four games 'on deck' for launch. Zelda, Mario, what's the other 2
Demo units expected in stores in February.
Base price of $299.99, If that means £250 then I am tempted
Bundle expected but content is unclear, potential price of $399.99, if that means £350 they Tesco could have been right
Packaging described as 'clean and simple', slightly bigger box than for Wii U.
Colour scheme on packaging said to be white and blue. That's rather like the Wii U
Packaging says NX but may be placeholder, as art / images of the system were redacted / blurred out.

In terms of features, some this has now been disproven and the reddit guys have said that but some of it they are saying is true, what is what I don't know.
Games will be on cartridges
"4K streaming' likely fro Netflix etc not games like Xbox One S
1080p and 60fps reportedly a focus in promoting gameplay.
Portable aspect running at 900p.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 21:28

That sound slike more bollocks to me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 21:42

Nothing there is really out of the question and I think most people would want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next