Grackler Is Cam; Grackler Has Crackler

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random retro thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

Random retro thoughts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2019 - 22:46

I didn't reckon that a thread for this would have legs, so into this thread goes the news about the Capcom Home Arcade.

It looks... odd.

Random retro thoughts - Page 4 Https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Folliebarder%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2Fcapcom_home_arcade-1200x675

Here's your line-up of games too.

1944: The Loop Master
Alien vs. Predator
Armored Warriors
Capcom Sports Club
Captain Commando
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Eco Fighters
Final Fight
Ghouls’n Ghosts
Giga Wing
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Progear
Street Fighter™ II: Hyper Fighting
Strider
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Seems like it's going to be geared towards two player play, what with the second stick latches onto the machine and all along with the fighters and multiplayer titles stacked onto the console. Thoughts, folks?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 9:24

It's about £180 too much
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 10:28

It looks kinda cool and is a neat idea but doesn't have that many games on it and is €230 which is way too much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 15:52

DP but a different subject as Konami Boo have announced the Castlevania Collection line up (the one I care about)

Castlevania (1987, NES), Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest (1988, NES), Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (1990, NES), Kid Dracula (1990, NES)
Castlevania: The Adventure (1989, Game Boy), Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge (1991, Game Boy)
Super Castlevania IV (1991, SNES)
Castlevania Bloodlines (1994, Mega Drive)

Looks a good set and the arcade one came out today and is £16 on XBL at least
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 16:16

I'm excited for that, unlike the Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection that Konami released today - it's mostly just a load of random shooters bunged together there.

Cadtlevania: The Adventure is honking. It might be the worst game in any big time gaming franchise, it's utterly, utterly keech.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 16:28

Yeah the other two collections don't interest me but I know Contra is a favourite for some
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 16:47

That Capcom home arcade is definitely aimed a certain type of audience, I also find it odd that while most devs are releasing more affordable mini systems they go the complete opposite way with theirs. Laughing

Anyhow, I would like to try some of those games on it but it's too much of a luxury item for me, though I did see some good suggestions on twitter where they could just take some of the games from it & update the Beat em up bundle.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 11:00

masofdas wrote:
is €230
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Capcom go fuck yourself.

Yeah, that Castlevania one sounds much better.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Oct 2019 - 11:51

Didn't know where else to bring this up, but I've got to bring the No Context Gaming In The Clinton Years Twitter page to your attention.

https://twitter.com/NoContectGitCY

I've been wanting to do a big thread about Gaming In The Clinton Years for ages, but I didn't get round to it. This Twitter feed is much better though. It basically takes snippets from reviews that were part of a serious videogames show that was broadcast on a Maryland public-access channel in the mid-to-late 1990s. Happily, all these reviews were archived in the 2000s, and uploaded onto YouTube under a new title, Gaming In The Clinton Years. They've been there for over ten years. 

What makes Gaming In The Clinton Years stand out is that it was appallingly bad, the reviewer is absolutely batshit crazy, and his reviews are usually completely mental. You definitely wouldn't watch all these reviews, they're just terrible. But, these out of context moments can be hilarious, and I definitely encourage you to give that Twitter page a read. It cheered me up!

Here's one of the more famous reviews - if you don't know already, this'll give you a good idea about what this was all about:

And this was serious too!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Oct 2019 - 11:59

I thought 'front-loaded anvils' was bad, but nothing could have prepared me for that latter segment. Absolutely incredible. Laughing How long did this series go on for?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019 - 0:59

Oh wow, that brought me back about ten years there - I followed a YouTube channel called retsupurae that did commentary on shite gaming reviews/Let's Plays and they started off a long running series going through the Navigatr back catalogue. When they reached that episode, it absolutely knocked them for a loop and they weren't able to throw any snark at the rest of the video because the reviewer's big plans for Tomb Raider 3 had them absolutely pissing themselves. A goldmine of laughs, Navigatr.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019 - 20:16

I've found it fascinating, for years. Whether it's the pseudointellectual bollocks that the reviewer speaks, his blatant Nintendo fanboyism, or indeed the complete lack of context with which these videos were uploaded, I just find it very interesting.

His Super Mario 64 review is a cracker, going wildly off-topic and completley spoiling the ending, not once but twice!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 18:57

Holy spoilers Batman!  When was this released? Also, 'Most players will only take two weeks to finish the game...'  Only!?

That aside I didn't think it was awful! Not compared to some of the gubbins I saw on that Twitter feed, anyway...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 23:06

This has been enjoyably bonkers, though nothing in that Mario 64 vid or what I saw of the twitter account topped the Lara Croft stuff . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 20:00

One of the guys on Scullion's TOH posted about Argos putting up old catalogues going back to 70's.

Which can be found here
http://argosbookofdreams.co.uk/

Fun looking back at these
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random retro thoughts   Random retro thoughts - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random retro thoughts
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4