We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair

Go down 
+13
Marzy
Spiralcannon2-CW
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Jimbob
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 23:14

It's exactly what I wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, super slam dunk dig at 1:46 of that video. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 1:15

Quite stunning when the camera zooms out at around 1:10 and you see most of the level, also found out today that Team 17 are handling the port for ps4/XO versions & Playtonic games are on wii U & PC duty.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 9:17

That is very encouraging indeed, guarantees a proper port. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Spiralcannon2-CW
Grackler Bait
Spiralcannon2-CW

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyThu 9 Jun 2016 - 18:12

Considering it is being released in Q1 2017 an NX version should be produced...
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gamers.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyThu 9 Jun 2016 - 21:26

I'd imagine it'll probably be ported to NX in due course, unless the NX decides to bugger being a games console and ends up being an ethereal sphere which only exists to allow you to experience Shigsy and Reggie's childhood memories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyFri 10 Jun 2016 - 16:30

Day one buy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 14:30

Toybox is out or something, I've just got a email about it.

I will upload any footage I can record.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 9:52

I played the Toybox and I tried to capture me playing but Twitch only got the first 30secs or so, I will talk more on GNamercast as I feel that's somewhere to talk about what we've been playing on Nintendo systems, of course the Toybox is PC but I feel the people interested in this game are all likely to get it on a Nintendo system if they can.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 14:12

It looks like I've got a code for the Toybox and I'm not going to be able to use it - would anyone like it? First come, first served...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 14:41

I think I have the same. Even if it can use it, I won't - happy to go into it unspoiled. In Playtonic I trust.
Back to top Go down
Marzy
Ejected into the Lava
Marzy

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySat 6 Aug 2016 - 12:16

I had some fun with the Toy Box. It mostly felt very good to play! Just felt the swimming was a little off and took a bit to get used to, but I think overall having buttons to descend and ascend is probably better. There was one part in particular (the maze puzzle) that had camera movement similar to the stealth castle section in Ocarina of Time, that was pretty cool!

Other than that though, it all seemed to work well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 23:29

That's good to hear! I was, and still am, confident that Yooka-Laylee will be the business. Glad to see that confidence was well placed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyTue 9 Aug 2016 - 19:39

Thanks to Zero, I just played through the Toybox! After initially fiddling with the controller settings to get my ps4 pad to work properly (as it assumes you're using an xbox pad and I also had to hit an option in the menu to stop it constantly rolling) it was excellent. Really enjoyed the general feel of it, but especially the music and sound coupled with the banjo-kazooie style dialogue and collectibles. Really nails it!

Balladeer wrote:
I think I have the same. Even if it can use it, I won't - happy to go into it unspoiled. In Playtonic I trust.

You should play it if you can! It's not a demo taken from the game so won't spoil anything for you - it's an entirely custom built thing designed to be played before the main game. It even ends with a secret that will be a bonus for anyone who does play this before the main game Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 11:41

In today's gaming news, Y-L becomes self-parody.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 17:39

It's looking the business, though! Cool Like an HD version of the Donkey Kong 64 hub. Good to see that the cash has gone to the right places. Come on, Playtonic! Dance
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 17:44

They mentioned those googly eyes in OXM a while back. They attach to inanimate objects and Rare them up I think.

Yeah, this looks quality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 19:56

I was pretty uninterested in this until I saw the videogamer preview vid today, now I'm reasonably psyched.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 10:36

*runs to computer*
*stops*
*pants*

Guys, it's fucking ace! Admittedly I've played 10 minutes, and probably a little tinted by nostalgia, but: if you liked Banjo-Kazooie, this is the real deal. Every direction there's another task to solve - not an empty twisty land like Banjo-Tooie, nor the need to backtrack because you can't interact with 80% of the world at one time like Donkey Kong 64. And as it's made in 2016, the camera actually works. There are a load of things to collect, and it might take a bit of getting used to everything, but I'm well up for that. I suppose the "mer merr mer MER mer merr" voice clips might be seen as a "bit nostalgic" but I can't take away that part of my brain that thinks it's all part of the fun. Can't wait. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 10:43

JIMMINY JIM JIM LUUUUURRRVES YOOKA LAYLEE!

Glad to hear it man. I'm looking forward to playing this, I could use a real good 3D platformer.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:05

Great stuff! Like Luka Drunkoni, I am craving an excellent 3D platformer - the fact that I've already paid for this one, and it's aces by all accounts, can only help. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:08

My thoughts will be upcoming this afternoon on my YT channel
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 16:58

This one's for Jas!  Nice touch.

And it's great to hear that Jimminy Jim Jim's so keen. Cannot wait. (Well, can, and will, but it won't be easy.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 17:06

Not to speak for our Shaolin friend, but...

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 17:10

I'm looking forward to this more than I'm looking forward to the NX, and almost as much as I'm looking forward to Sonic Mania. I don't think that I've ever wanted a game to be totally brilliant as much as I do Yooka-Laylee - and I'm glad to hear that Jimbob thinks that it's the bollocks. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 21:25

Balladeer wrote:
This one's for Jas!
So that's what he sounds like!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: