Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vote For Iwata's Best Game

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 18:25

Ahh Balloon Fight a game that should have in my opinion been in that top ten, poor show fellow GNamer's poor show.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 18:32

We might of voted it into the Top 10 of just GNamer Members then we can blame SONM, but I know I didn't vote for it though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 18:57

JayMoyles wrote:
A question to Zero: what miscellaneous tidbits have we to come? Smile  

Aside from the GNamer Top Ten and the SONM Top Ten (which both make for interesting reading, I reckon), there'll be the full combined list. I've got my mind's eye on a few silly awards, too, and I'm up for taking requests of what people want to see of the results... apart from an individual's votes, natch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 19:54

I think that, in a vote where the winning conditions were defined as they were, it's a little unrealistic to expect a relatively simplistic NES game to qualify.

JayMoyles wrote:
I don't think you can specifically exclude a game - kinda defeats the point of a popular vote, doesn't it? Meh

I think that might be a sacrifice that has to be made for a vote with any amount of tension over its first place. And it would only be that one game, at least for here - don't think there's a single other title that would definitely win a console/genre vote (apart from PH)?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 23:17

balla wrote:
I think that, in a vote where the winning conditions were defined as they were, it's a little unrealistic to expect a relatively simplistic NES game to qualify.

It might be simplistic compared to most of the other games that made list (also surprised by no Kirby as well) but it's still an absolute classic which still holds up today & for me when I think about Mr Iwata Balloon fight is the first game that comes to mind.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 8:12

Without further ado, more lists!

GNamer Forumites Only Top Ten:

SONM Members Only Top Ten:

Full Combined Results:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 9:28

Some strange picks from SONM with Kid Icarus: Uprising , Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 7

Thanks for the full list Zero
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 9:36

MK7 at 11, above XC and Metroid Prime (and MK8)?  I'm appalled.  Shocked and appalled.

Unsurprisingly I'm more in agreement with GNamer's top ten.  Same games, but a different order (GSC > EB in the Iwata games), and SMG not lording it over the others quite as much.

If that's the end of the vote, a big thanks to Zero for putting it all together! Grand job - a difficult thread run with aplomb. Applause
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 9:48

It was grand job of a difficult vote to run, Applause to Zero

My Top 10:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 9:53

Are we doing this? Alrighty!:

Three published comments. Decent returns.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 13:04

Balladeer wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:
I don't think you can specifically exclude a game - kinda defeats the point of a popular vote, doesn't it? Meh

I think that might be a sacrifice that has to be made for a vote with any amount of tension over its first place.  And it would only be that one game, at least for here - don't think there's a single other title that would definitely win a console/genre vote (apart from PH)?

Hmm... see, I'd be against excluding it because the true winner of any vote would be up in contention. "Oh, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker won the best game of the Noughties vote! But I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy would have won..." I think it'll be better (and more surprising) once SMG is inevitably knocked off the #1 spot.

As for the forum-specific results, I think I'm actually happier with the combined votes - a good representation of Iwata's entire career. Thumbs Up!

Here's my top ten:

Jay's Top Ten:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 13:09

Disagree, because we all know that Galaxy would have won had it been included. Razz No wondering involved. It is always the true winner!

The alternative would be to do a top eleven and release the top three altogether, so there's no time for faux-suspense between SMG's announcement and that of the second place - although, like I said earlier, I understand why Zero did not do so on this occasion.

ALBW superseded WW in your favourite Zeldas, Jay? Shocked
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 13:21

I just feel that it'd take away from the winner if Super Mario Galaxy was excluded from any future votes. Ah well, a discussion for the next vote perhaps (prepares to vote Super Mario Galaxy forumite of the year).

It has! Perhaps it's because it's fresher in my mind, but I really enjoyed ALBW. Considering I don't usually enjoy 2D Zeldas, I was surprised by how much I did enjoy this one. Good stuff. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 15:31

balla wrote:
MK7 at 11, above XC and Metroid Prime (and MK8)? I'm appalled. Shocked and appalled

Yeah, How dare those non Iwata games get that high. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 15:34

...I'm comparing an Iwata-published game with other Iwata-published games.  Not sure what you're getting at. Neutral

Going to post your list, Jas?  I'm quite curious as to how many Iwata-involving-not-as-publisher games you could find.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 15:41

I was making a joke, that's what I was getting at & maybe later.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 16:07

If you exclude it just call the number one spot the "as good as Mario Galaxy award" or something
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 16:08

The almost as good as Mario Galaxy award!

I'd be quite interested to see your voting slate as well, Shanks...

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 9:35

Balladeer wrote:
MK7 at 11, above XC and Metroid Prime (and MK8)?  I'm appalled.  Shocked and appalled.

If that's the end of the vote

MK7 and XC tied on 24 points; as MK7 got a first place vote, it moved ahead. Prime only got 3 votes all told.

It is the end of the vote - I could only think of two silly awards, and they are these:

Zero's Silly Awards (better name pending):

My Top Ten:

Huge thanks to everyone who voted. Applause
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 9:40

(comes at Zero - not like that, don't be revolting)

Top work, as mentioned above. Thumbs Up!

I wonder if Pikmin 3's fall from grace is representative of the Wii U's (debatable) lack of classic games, compared to the Wii and others?  Pondering my Wii U collection, I can only think of two stone-cold classics on the Wii U, both of which will likely be replaced by the next editions in their respective series: MK8 and SSBU.  Maybe Pikmin 3 and Splatoon, which I've barely/not played, qualify as well, but that still doesn't match up to Ninty's past consoles. Aww!

But that's a thought for another thread.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 10:54

Yeah the Wii U 3rd Birthday vote will be interesting one, you all know what my Number 1 pick is already from this vote but the other 9 is rather hard to pick from as it has some great games but to me part from that one game there is no bonafide classics as not to go over it again but the two that Balla point out to me aren't as good as there GameCube counterparts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 12:11

Hm, this is giving me an idea for a thread...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 13:38

Good work, Mr. Jones. Seeing the full spectrum of games that recieved votes really affirms what I had hoped; that we'd see something a little different, and that we'd see folk thinking about their favourite games a bit more creatively.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 18:21

My picks (with reasons) :
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 EmptySun 16 Aug 2015 - 9:21

Unstickied, to slide gracefully down the forum. I repeat my genuine thanks to all participants! Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote For Iwata's Best Game
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next