We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vote For Iwata's Best Game

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty16/07/15, 10:32 pm

I didn't mean voting itself was complicated just that it initially seemed very simple with the 5 votes and then it was bumped to 10, as I said I just fear that in a thread called "Iwata's best game" that something he had nothing to do with could win & that for me personally would feel wrong.

I'm not even sure how many Iwata games I've even played tbh so my vote might be slim pickings anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty16/07/15, 11:17 pm

You'll love my Top 10 Jas, 7 Executive Producer, 2 Producer and 1 Special Thanks.

Some like the special thanks, I know what he did some I don't at all. One I made up a tale which I wish/hope the reason he's a executive producer on it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty16/07/15, 11:37 pm

Cappa, I still think that your list is better for the earlier games (if only because I really don't think Iwata should take the credit for a GBA rehash of SMB) - then maybe if it's a later game, click my link.

It's all academic anyway, though, isn't it?  If you can show Zero that Iwata's been involved, it's probably a good un.  Although I will say that I'm worried about some people voting based on the "Iwata-ness" of games, and some people (like m'good self) voting for the best game Iwata's been involved in.  Then we'll get a result that's not representative of either.  (Yes, this does somewhat contradict my first paragraph.  No, I don't have a problem with it.  That's where I draw the imaginary line.)

But that's just me - go nuts.  Although I do agree that Jaster's going to struggle if he avoids executive producer-ship entirely.  I'm sure that Eggerland: Meikyuu no Fukkatsu was great, but I for one haven't played it!

masofdas wrote:
One I made up a tale which I wish/hope the reason he's a executive producer on it.

This is taking the bloody piss though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty16/07/15, 11:50 pm

Balladeer wrote:

But that's just me - go nuts.  Although I do agree that Jaster's going to struggle if he avoids executive producer-ship entirely.  I'm sure that Eggerland: Meikyuu no Fukkatsu was great, but I for one haven't played it!

Nothing wrong with not putting in a full list of ten games in for consideration though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 12:00 am

I feel that would be closing yourself off from half of the point of the thread, since I'm sure that Jas has played more than ten Iwata-involved games he liked. Meh But if that's what he's in it for...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 06:39 am

@Balla it's not taking the piss, just that him being president could do that sort of thing maybe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 08:54 am

Are you sure? Because guessing at a game without actually being bothered to do the Google search ("Satoru Iwata [game's title]") sounds like taking advantage of Zero's good will at best, and the bloody piss at worst.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 09:41 am

No, no - all of the games mas has voted for are on one or other of the lists. Thumbs Up! Without wishing to spoil things too much, he's made up a story why one of them exists in the first place. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 10:14 am

What Zero said Balla, I've only looked at the two lists provided.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 01:05 pm

Aaaaaah, I misunderstood! Deepest apologies, Mas. The piss is clearly back where it always was, as is the blood.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 06:02 pm

masofdas wrote:
You'll love my Top 10 Jas,  7 Executive Producer,  2 Producer and 1 Special Thanks.

If you think I'm going to angry about it in any way then you're mistaken, anyone can vote how they like (that's the rules after all) & all I was saying is it that I would have preferred those games not to be allowed since technically they aren't games made by Mr Iwata.

@balla Have I played 10 games he actually made/directly involved in? After a look for a few hours the other night that's sadly a no.

---

Anyhow, I have a list of 5 games that I am really happy with so now I just need to put them in my preferred order.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 06:38 pm

It was just #Bantz Jas also at least two of the games I went for we know he was involved with in some way more then a rubber stamp type deal also one of mine I reckon due to the age of it, he must of did a bit on it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 08:07 pm

After all that chaos, I've submitted my votes. There are at least six of my all-time favourite games in there, probably seven. Only one that's truly got the touch of Iwata on it, though (and that's languishing in mid-table). His executive producer status means that, sadly, there aren't a lot of recent games with his direct touch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 08:38 pm

I see the SONM lot didn't really get the idea of how you vote with them posting everything they voted for in the actual thread.

Our votes added in will still mean it's a surprise though hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 09:58 pm

I don't see the point of that, really. Not only are you spoiling the surprise, but who's going to make a conversation out of just a list of games? At least talk about your votes. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty17/07/15, 10:00 pm

But they would have to put words with there votes and we know that they don't like all words.

Last edited by masofdas on 18/07/15, 09:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty18/07/15, 09:29 am

Coming back to the "Iwata's involvement in games" thing (because I seem to have caused a little flare-up on SONM about it, oops), as well as Cappa's post on the previous page (which I completely agree with), there's also been his performances in Nintendo Directs.

Like these:

How many games has he brought to life like this? I'm not fooling myself into thinking that this means any great involvement in the games design process, but surely everything he's asked us to "please, take a look" at has more than just his seal of corporate approval.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty18/07/15, 10:13 am

I'm not gonna lie - I like that things have taken a different route on SONM. It helps me to keep the two forums separate in my head - especially because we all know that once the mixed vote is revealed, I'll be putting up each forum's results separately. Grin

Last edited by ZeroJones on 18/07/15, 01:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty18/07/15, 12:55 pm

I seen and he does have a point like Jas here but like you have pointed out if it's on the lists it can be voted for.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty19/07/15, 10:44 pm

Seems like it's all gone a bit Metroid Prime Federation Force on SONM. But nevertheless I'll still be getting involved and will post my votes over the coming days. Glad things are a bit clearer too: "vote for your favourite games from Satoru Iwata's legacy". Not sure why folk have been getting arsey about it, that's really all what it's about!

Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty20/07/15, 12:09 am

List sent. Didn't over think it, just went for the games I enjoyed the most which he was directly involved in or oversaw while being the boss man.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty20/07/15, 05:38 pm

My votes are away!

I gave more weight to the games Iwata had a deeper involvement with, but I still put out a full list of ten fantastic Nintendo titles. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty20/07/15, 05:39 pm

How many votes do we have so far, Zero? Are we beating SONM? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty20/07/15, 05:46 pm

My steam-powered laptop is all tucked up for the night, so I can neither confirm nor deny this, but I reckon it's 6-5 in favour of SONM at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty20/07/15, 05:48 pm

It's all Shanks' fault! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote For Iwata's Best Game
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next