Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
masofdas
shanks
Raxicori
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Muss
gjones
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 22:06

One person dies every four seconds due to poverty.

I'm taking the piss, we all buy silly stuff like Nintendo Switches. The problem is systemic, and the nature of capitalism. If buying gadgets and enjoying this hobby helps to make life less unbearable for a little while, more power to you. Gaming is actually one of the most cost effective hobbies with the smallest carbon footprint, and none of us could make a massive dent in the wealth disparity on this planet.

That said, I'm not fussed by 4K. I only came round to being interested in HD when the Wii U launched.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 23:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
60-sided?
That sounds like some mad Lovecraft pulsating orb. Is it easy to tell which number is on top?

Yes - the problem is rolling it, at least on the desks at work. It judders and rocks unpredictably, mostly ending in the groove between two desks.

The one time I rolled it successfully (out of eight tries), I got 48. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 8:44

I actually give to two charities, one is Save the Children and other I actually don't know as it comes out of my pay packet as it's one ASDA supports and I think they match donations or something like that.

I remember you Drunka and Athrun both getting HDTV's at some-point on this forum, I did find it a little odd being rather late but as you say you got one for your Wii U and I don't know when you got your PS3 if it was around the same time, that a HDTV may have been a tad pointless in till those.

I would say gamers for the most part, normally jump on to new tech sooner then anyone and why we have a PS4 upgrade for 4K and the neXt-Box will have it as standard with it likely being a default thing from now on, so when the PS5 comes out (My prediction 2019) it will just do 4K like consoles now just do HD.

Also looking at the TV's yesterday nearly all of them now have 4K that it will likely eventually but slowly be in most homes, just like HD as things nowadays aren't built to last and people will have to get a new TV at some-point.

I was thinking as well since 2005 when I got my first HDTV for the Xbox 360, which by today's standards would be utterly crap TV. This 4KTV will be my fifth TV since 2005 meaning I change every 2.4 years but one of those changes was forced on me as the the gas stuff in the Plasma (what ever happened to Plasma) Panasonic I had went weird, that I got a voucher from the TV cover people for Currys to get a new equivalent TV that ended up gaining as the next TV I got which was another Panasonic was much higher spec.

The reason bar the the replacement, why I've had so many TV's is to me is what do we use nearly all the time a TV, so why not have the best picture you can get. I still find it baffling seeing people buying in work the 50"+ inch TV's which are a few hundred quid and I'm like why as you're going to spend a lot of time looking at that, why buy one that big with a naff picture where instead you could buy a nice 40" for the same money with a actually decent picture.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 12:23

masofdas wrote:

The reason bar the the replacement, why I've had so many TV's is to me is what do we use nearly all the time a TV, so why not have the best picture you can get. I still find it baffling seeing people buying in work the 50"+ inch TV's which are a few hundred quid and I'm like why as you're going to spend a lot of time looking at that, why buy one that big with a naff picture where instead you could buy a nice 40" for the same money with a actually decent picture.

Because most people aren't bothered with visual fidelity. 90% of the time, my TV is used for CBeebies and jumping to 4K for a bunch of Teletubbies episodes is pointless. I'm not about to drop £400 to make my PS4 games look a bit shinier.

Most people didn't make the jump to Blu-ray from DVD, so a good picture suffices (as opposed to a great one) when it factors in value for money.

Saying that, I do agree that the TV is probably the best value for money device in our homes. It's on everyday.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 13:58

I've got more than enough Pokémon toys, don't need any more, definitely don't need...

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 17190502_10154200762592687_7660876845637649471_n

...oops.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 15:13

gjones wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Because most people aren't bothered with visual fidelity. 90% of the time, my TV is used for CBeebies and jumping to 4K for a bunch of Teletubbies episodes is pointless. I'm not about to drop £400 to make my PS4 games look a bit shinier.

Most people didn't make the jump to Blu-ray from DVD, so a good picture suffices (as opposed to a great one) when it factors in value for money.

Saying that, I do agree that the TV is probably the best value for money device in our homes. It's on everyday.

I'm not even saying get a 4KTV or anything but to me these TVs we sell in work that are always great sellers for 55" 4KTV for £300 which seems a bargain, to me I'd sooner take that money and buy a smaller better quality HDTV.

It's just one of those odd things as people buy new Dacia Dusters for £6000, where I would buy a used Audi A3 or something. That's how I see it, I sooner have better spec or quality if that makes sense, no matter the price of what it is, if my budget was £100 or £10000.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 18:39

I bought one TV in 2006, which broke in 2010 (I think?). Its replacement is still our main telly - earlier this year we bought a TV for the bedroom, which keeps me up every time we use it. I basically use it until it stops working - but I'll upgrade when it does break down.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 19:00

That there's best fire starter on-top second-best dragon type Thumbs Up!

On TV's and adopting of tech, honestly I only bought my HD tv because game text was far too small to play on anything else, I was actually still perfectly fine with standard definition at the time. I still went for the lowest cost I could go while getting one with minimal input lag from a reputable brand though, generally speaking I'm a firm believer in frugality, with my occasional splashes on my hobbies being the only exceptions.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 20:07

I caved and bought a switch and zelda.
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 Dsc_0010
The only reason I bought the limited edition is because that's all they had available in game, not wanting to buy a downloadable because I want something to show for my efforts. Is there anyone who would like an unopened master sword statue? It's just clutter to me, mate's rates apply I guess.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 20:18

Athrun888 wrote:
That there's best fire starter on-top second-best dragon type Thumbs Up!

On TV's and adopting of tech, honestly I only bought my HD tv because game text was far too small to play on anything else, I was actually still perfectly fine with standard definition at the time.  I still went for the lowest cost I could go while getting one with minimal input lag from a reputable brand though, generally speaking I'm a firm believer in frugality, with my occasional splashes on my hobbies being the only exceptions.  

It isn't even about splashing out though, to me it's the old saying quality over quantity and what started this chat was about people who buy likes of the 55" 4KTV in work which to be frank are awful, sure they are getting quantity but instead they could get a 40" HDTV which is better quality.

With something like a TV, if you're going to use it all the time then to me quality plays a big part, which could be applied to anything.

I also guess you were using a PS3 on a SDTV, I used one once on a SDTV back around launch over my uncles and frankly was one of the worst things I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 22:34

I didn't get my PS3 until a good year or two into Wii U's life.

I spent my last week or so watching DVDs of films some of which were 80 years old and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm not overly fussed about fidelity. I can't see much difference between one HDTV and the next, whereas I do get a little thrill out of a really big TV, so I can see where Mas' customers are coming from.

Also, fair play to you on the charities! I used to do Save the Children and I currently do Greenpeace, but it's a pain having any sort of monthly direct debit when I get paid four-weekly. I was just poking fun at the consumerism of this thread in general. As someone who's not too fussed about fancy TVs, that seemed like the most obvious target.

Back on topic: I bought Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and Fast RMX this morning. I  was amazed at the download speed compared to DS and Wii U, I had shovesy before I'd finished with Fast. I played a bit of RMX on the bus and I'm looking forward to firing it up in split screen with my brother or running it on the TV with the lads. As for SK, I'll wait until I'm done with Zelda I expect and it'll be my main solo handheld game until the next big thing.

I'll tell you what I didn't buy today: A Switch Pro Controller or Carry Case. None of the shops I tried were carrying either, so I've had to go online.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 7:22

This.

Spoiler:

GAME couldn't accept Rhythm Paradise Megamix when I tried to trade it in... but have taken Tri Force Heroes and Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash, which the guy at the counter referred to exclusively as 'Chibi Robot'. Duh!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 18:55

Drunkalilly wrote:
I didn't get my PS3 until a good year or two into Wii U's life.

I spent my last week or so watching DVDs of films some of which were 80 years old and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm not overly fussed about fidelity. I can't see much difference between one HDTV and the next, whereas I do get a little thrill out of a really big TV, so I can see where Mas' customers are coming from.

Also, fair play to you on the charities! I used to do Save the Children and I currently do Greenpeace, but it's a pain having any sort of monthly direct debit when I get paid four-weekly. I was just poking fun at the consumerism of this thread in general. As someone who's not too fussed about fancy TVs, that seemed like the most obvious target.

Back on topic: I bought Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and Fast RMX this morning. I  was amazed at the download speed compared to DS and Wii U, I had shovesy before I'd finished with Fast. I played a bit of RMX on the bus and I'm looking forward to firing it up in split screen with my brother or running it on the TV with the lads. As for SK, I'll wait until I'm done with Zelda I expect and it'll be my main solo handheld game until the next big thing.

I'll tell you what I didn't buy today: A Switch Pro Controller or Carry Case. None of the shops I tried were carrying either, so I've had to go online.

Surely the direct debit is easier, I've just got everything set to come out every 29 days or so as I get paid every 28 Days . On fidelity, I noticed the difference of playing Horizon, Ratchet and Moana trailer in 4K even Zelda which I guess the TV is upscaling along with it being a better screen etc but I will just get used to it.

That I will only notice the difference when I go around EofGizs for instance and play Horizon on his TV.

Back on topic of buying things
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 NierAutomata-PS4
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:38

ZeroJones wrote:

GAME couldn't accept Rhythm Paradise Megamix when I tried to trade it in...

Did they say why? Confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:48

JayMoyles wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

GAME couldn't accept Rhythm Paradise Megamix when I tried to trade it in...

Did they say why? Confused

'Not in the database', apparently. It was so late in the day that the delay in my purchase meant the other guy working there locked me in! Afraid
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:53

Eh? But I bought my copy of RPM from GAME... odd. Confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:55

Yeah, me too. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017 - 12:16

Speaking of consumerism, I got this little lot:
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 17349310

A case for my switch which smells kinda funny and is a bit bulky but lets me take it places without panicking the whole time.
A pro controller which I'll try out when I get back from the shops and begin a Zelda sesh in a bit.
And a monster hunter art book which is bigger and more beautiful than I'd allowed myself to even dream it might be!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017 - 20:50

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the Pro Controller, Drunk Man! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:13

The best Golf game ever
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 66674-Mario_Golf_Toadstool_Tour-2
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:48

Drunkalilly wrote:
Speaking of consumerism, I got this little lot:
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 17349310

A case for my switch which smells kinda funny and is a bit bulky but lets me take it places without panicking the whole time.
A pro controller which I'll try out when I get back from the shops and begin a Zelda sesh in a bit.
And a monster hunter art book which is bigger and more beautiful than I'd allowed myself to even dream it might be!

I've been meaning to get that MH Illustrations book for the longest time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:52

It's bloody amazing. Really thick, loads of nice art, candid interviews and lots of unused designs. I'm not very far through it, but after giving it a very quick flick from front to back my only complaint is that it front-loads all the best monster stuff then moves on to characters and equipment. Save the best for last, Capcom!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 21:49

masofdas wrote:
The best Golf game ever

Still plays fantastic. Nintendo need to release a new one that is essentially Toadstool Tour but with the RPG elements of the Gameboy instalments. Perfect Switch summer game.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 20:51

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 PF175

Thanks to Mas, I tried the free version of this on PSN. Loved it and just bought this online for £11. Granted there's a fair emphasis on the ol' breasticles during post-fight banter, but the gameplay is really strong and reminds me of Virtua Fighter - not surprising to see four characters from the VF series in here. I'm actually rubbish at fighting games, but this feels like the perfect entry point to other more hardcore fighters (Street Fighter, King of Fighters...).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 10:12

Thanks,

The story mode is actually rather decent in DOA5 and it could have been a game I got the platinum, if I could have been bothered to play a ton of online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next