Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 9:19

More variety would be great. Castlevania and Super Mario Sunshine keep coming up, but your silence on Brian Lara Cricket '96 on the Mega Drive is deafening, JayMoyles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 11:49

The lack of cricket game references is a definite black mark against this entire project.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Jul 2019 - 15:53

I had loads of really weird glitches on my copy of Brian Lara cricket.

Occasionally my audio would go really weird, and Geoffrey Boycott would sound like he's on helium, and instead of the usual dolorous chuntering he'd start quipping things like "Ooohhhhh he hit that with his eyes closed."

I also learned that you're better off without a wicket keeper. If you carry the ball over the boundary mark as a fielder, the umpire starts signalling for a boundary. But you could still lob the ball back to the stumps. As the umpire is signalling, the keeper goes walk about, and the ball always directly strikes the stumps. That wicket keeper is there to help the batsmen DAMN YOU!

I remember getting very frustrated at the commentary when I was little because they'd say things like "there's runs here.... oh that was a suicidal decision [to try and go for a single]"

Great game, 10/10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Jul 2019 - 16:03

Great thread, 10/10.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Jul 2019 - 20:21

Easy:

Medium:

Hard:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Jul 2019 - 21:23

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:28

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
More variety would be great. Castlevania and Super Mario Sunshine keep coming up, but your silence on Brian Lara Cricket '96 on the Mega Drive is deafening, JayMoyles.

The games that come to mind for the quiz are games that I've played, so that'll explain why there's been a couple of repeats. For the most part, I feel it's been varied enough but there'll always be a few repeats and revisits of the same franchises. It might be an idea for me to hand off the reins to somebody else after a bit though to draw from a different pool of games.

Balladeer wrote:
The lack of cricket game references is a definite black mark against this entire project.

You don't get to make suggestions jokingly or otherwise if you haven't contributed your answers to the current round. Naughty Winky Face

Right!

Answer time.

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:

And how did our entrants for this round do?

Results for the Voiceline Round:

So with that, I'm going to reset the leaderboard and start afresh for a "Season Two" of sorts of the quiz. I think that's been 5 rounds so that felt right for a refresh of the leaderboard.

Here's the final scores for Season One!

Final Results for Season One of the BFGGQ:

Season Two will kick off tomorrow with another picture round - it's all to play for again, so get involved! I like putting these quizzes together, but it's even better when you're all involved. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:39

Wasn't it double points? If you got both correct?

I don't think the Heavy dialogue came from Team Fortress 2 (when would it be said?) but some card came where he talks about sasha between turns, I just don't know what that game is called and why I didn't put a answer.

Now to win back to back titles.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:59

It was double points...? So 2 points per Easy question if you got both, 4 for a Medium and 6 for a Hard question.

Nope, it was from the Meet the Heavy trailer for TF2 which is viewable in-game, if I recall correctly.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 0:09

Ahh I took as double points so the 2 points for getting both easy questions doubled to 4 points.

Dam then as I knew he was from TF2 and I remember those videos but as it wasn't in game, didn't think it would have been correct.

Doesn't really matter as I won anyway.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 21:26

Right... a new round approaches and a new leaderboard awaits!

It's another picture round - simply name that game. No additional rules, but I am looking for the specific game shown in the picture.

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 22:04

Answers:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 22:12

In it to finish second.

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 23:50

My Answers:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 12:17

Go Go gadget last place!

Answers:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 16:15

I know the first ten and don't have a bloody clue for most of hard, so just gimme the points for that, I can't be arsed to type answers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 19:39

Spoiler:

We don't have to give the full name, right? So long as the game is wholly differentiated from any others bar ports/remakes? So for example, if one of them was Super Mario Land 2: Six Gold Coins, 'Super Mario Land 2' would I assume be fine but 'Super Mario Land' or any variant could be confused with one, or even two, other games and wouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptySun 14 Jul 2019 - 12:09

Spoiler:

Last edited by Crumpy Andy on Mon 22 Jul 2019 - 6:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 19:15

It makes me chuckle whenever Andy posts on this thread - because it's immediately followed by his "We want the results!" sig.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 22:08

ANSWERS:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 23:08

Will have to make sure I take part in all this time.

Easy:

Medium:

Hard:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 23:36

I've had an exceedingly busy week, so you've got till Sunday evening to get your answers in if you haven't done so already.

What do you guys fancy for the next round? I've not got time to prepare something like a music round or what have you, but I'm happy to take suggestions for a text based multiple choice round as that should be easy to whip up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 23:42

Maybe something Superhero themed with MUA3 just coming out and SDCC happening.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptySat 20 Jul 2019 - 19:11

JayMoyles wrote:
I've not got time to prepare something like a music round...

Oh no what a shame!*

I think another general questions round would be good, maybe with fewer lists... or make them all lists. Eh?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 19:39

Right, sorry for being a bit late with this round's results, but better late than never! Here's the answers for the opener to Season Two of the BFGGQ.

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:

And here's how you scored!

Scores on the board:

I need to see your working, Drunka. Winky Face

Also, I felt bad for yourself Balla as you were on the right lines for all of your answers but picked the wrong game in the series for some of them. In fact, that's how most people slipped up, but such is the nature of the quiz.

I was struggling to think of a category for the next round, but I went onto the GNamer Store and bought some DLC for the quiz...

Simply name the game that had the following DLC or expansions! Exact game rules apply here, so no leniency for just picking the series.

EASY:

MEDIUM:

HARD:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz   The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Fat GNamer Gaming Quiz
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next