We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 20:16

I bet there's art work of that somewhere on the internet.

The Ace Attorney stuff will probably be this:

Spoiler:

But I'd love it so much if it was these goofy MH Explore weapons that I just found.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:03

I'm back into this and ready to work towards the proper ending! Well, I say that: I turned the game on and immediately got flattened by a Barioth three times in quick succession. Went back to the hub, checked up on my armour: full Bishaten gear with its -4 ice resistance. Laughing Chump.

Also: who decides that it's a good idea to have completely different monsters called Barroth and Barioth in the same game? Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:11

They debuted in the same game too, I think. Laughing

Yeah, Barioth is a nasty one - I still have trouble with him. I strongly recommend focusing his wing-arms and getting the break on them as early as possible. It really hampers his mobility and stops him leaping all over shop as much, which whilst it doesn't trivialise the fight it certainly makes it a helluva lot easier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:16

I beat it the first time when I switched the armour out. Like I say: chump.

Anjanath goes on my Bad List of generic designs. Thumbs Down... Basically a T-Rex that spits fire.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:23

Awww, that's very unfair to Anjanath, I'd say. Maybe it's not as apparent in Rise due to the lessened focus on seeing the monsters creep about a living ecosystem, but the elongated nostril that spurts out of its head to sniff out prey and then the fins that erupt from its body in rage mode make it an interesting monster in my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 23:42

I came to love Anjanath eventually - as Jay said, it is a little more interesting than it at first appears, plus I really commend Monster Hunter for pushing actual feathered fluffy dinosaurs when all other media is too coward to do so, even so-called "accurate" dinosaur movies.

On the other hand, when the early trailers for World were coming out, I thought it looked generic as shit, which contributed to a lot of my concerns that the game would be abandoning the silliness and flavour which I loved about the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyWed 15 Sep 2021 - 9:52

It's like -20 ice res (-4 per piece) for Bishaten armour btw. Laughing  

Also I have to say that while having high negative elemental resistance doesn't help it isn't as much of a big a deal as you would initially think as most monsters tend to go for more physical hits than elemental ones, so focus upgrading your armours physical defence first.
If a monsters element does give you trouble like Barioth again though then it's probably better to slot in 3 element resistance decorations this will give you +20 res to whatever that element might be & a bonus +10 to defence.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:21

The_Jaster wrote:

If a monsters element does give you trouble like Barioth again though then it's probably better to slot in 3 element resistance decorations this will give you +20 res to whatever that element might be & a bonus +10 to defence.

This is good advice. I definitely had a few Thunder Resistance gems slotted into my armour in the later stages of the game considering how some of the endgame nasties love using lightning...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 20:22

The_Jaster wrote:
It's like -20 ice res (-4 per piece) for Bishaten armour btw. Laughing  

I know, Jas. Believe me: I know. Duh!

The_Jaster wrote:

...I, er... decorations? Are they the talisman things that the merchant brews up for you? If not, I'm not actually sure what they are... Confused
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 22:36

Not quite, you craft them at the smithy and they are basically used to either max out existing armour skills or add new ones entirely providing you have enough slots in your armour & talisman.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptySun 19 Sep 2021 - 21:26

Yeah, they're nice ways to get a couple of extra armour skills onto your set to help you for specific fights or to enhance your build even further. I don't think you need to get into it in a huge way for the Village quests, but it's very useful to tinker with it nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptySun 19 Sep 2021 - 21:54

Exactly! Plus stuff like the element & status resistance decorations are an easy start point because they aren't difficult to get but are quite helpful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2021 - 20:50

Have I even unlocked these? I'm not sure I've even unlocked these!

Also: what's the deal with views on later-game monsters? I presume most of you have encountered them already, right? Because Mizutsune is the best fox-dragon thing ever and I want to give it cuddles and belly rubs. The way it suddenly stops mid-fight to roll around... Never slaughtering one of those, ever. (Zinogre also pretty good.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2021 - 21:36

Actually, decorations might be a High Rank unlock, come to think of it. I can't remember if you have them from the offset.

Mizutsune is one of my favourites - its theme is an absolute banger and design-wise it's a super unique creature. I love the bubbles it uses in combat!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 0:26

Ohhhh! You said this:

Balla wrote:

I'm back into this and ready to work towards the proper ending!

And I assumed that meant you were on to trying the high rank hub quests.

---

Also if you asked any MH fan about Mizutsune I don't think you'd find anyone who said they dislike it, and it's a great pick for the return of the leviathan types as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 5:40

That collection of monsters you're currently dealing with, after Magnamalo but before all the elder dragons and stuff, is the top tier of beasties in the game. Most of the interesting ones and pretty much all of our favourites are in there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 19:38

Nargacuga's also a good one. Bat-panther thing. My favourites are not or barely reptilian.

Next is Rathalos which... yep. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 20:36

I don't think he's a fan you either. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 13:56

I think not liking Rathalos is like not liking Charizard
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 18:04

Joking aside I can get it to a point from a design perspective especially when you compare him to a lot of the other monsters (even just flying wyverns) he's pretty basic.........but I can't be too harsh since we are talking about a monster made for a 2004 game.  
I've always liked him mainly for how the fight plays out and seeing how that has evolved from the first gen to now is the best thing about Rathalos.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 4:17

When we recently recorded our Rathalos episode, we sounded down on him even though I think we all like the design and enjoy the fight, because he's just basic. Rathalos is the default monster and everything else is a fun twist on that. But without Rathalos being a firm base, the rest of the series wouldn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 4:20

Ultimate version/ Iceborne equivalent confirmed. It seems odd to announce it this far in advance, but maybe it's because internet berks are complaining about a lack of content updates and Capcom want us to be assured they're working on a biggy.

Personally, I prefer having one solid game which I can finish and then a big expansion a year later rather than a slow drip feed of content.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:05

Nice, as I said somewhere on here that something like Iceborne is why I'll keep Rise around and be when I dip back in.

This is that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 16:20

I totally didn't expect this for the Direct with Capcom having a TGS show on the 30th but that really was a nice opening surprise.
Speculation time: The new flagship monster we get a peek at looks like it's luring that Rathalos in to have a little snack on & maybe power up from it? The Location could well be a first look at the outskirts of Schrade rather than the main Castle where you fight Fatalis.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:20

I got big goth bat Castlevania vibes from that flagship, which rules. But aye, surprised to see this popping up here but glad to know that it's coming. Much like Buska, I prefer having a big expansion to tuck into as opposed to the trickle-feed of updates some other games utilise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next