The Delta Plus variant of GNamer spreads twice as fast - that's two new users a year!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+10
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:26

That's fine, I'll probably play it and enjoy it.  But, er, I have another question (sorry): do your furry pals max out at level 20, or is there any way to make them surpass their limits?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 22:45

Once you hit high rank yourself their cap is raised to 35 & after the hunter rank is uncapped (in post game) they can go to 50.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 23:24

Cheers Jas. Right, back to DLC chat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 9:27

@The_Jaster wrote:

Speculation time: The new flagship monster we get a peek at looks like it's luring that Rathalos in to have a little snack on & maybe power up from it?
@JayMoyles wrote:
I got big goth bat Castlevania vibes from that flagship, which rules.

Having watched this multiple times now, along with Gaijin-Hunter's dissection, you can tell that this monster is meant to be a vampire. It lives in a gothic, Bloodborne-as-fuck castle, it has wings which it folds around itself like a cloak and its horns and chest kind of look like a popped collar and ruff.

Could this game be going for gothic western monsters the way Rise gave us Asian monsters and yokai? I'd take a werewolf, some old ghost stories, a Frankenstein (equal dragon weapon? Wink ), maybe Atlal Ka could return as the mummy . . .

Castlevania by way of Monhan? Sign me up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 14:03

Buska wrote:
a Frankenstein (equal dragon weapon? Wink )

It fits but no. Laughing

All the other ideas are neat though and it would be interesting to see how those would influence the monster designs.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 12:10

I'm big excite

Not yet reached HR100 but this gives me a deadline for it! I haven't played in a while so hopefully going back I'll have a load of event quests to play (the reason I'm not HR100 is because I didn't want to grind out quests I've already done, first time I've had that problem in MH!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 20:46

Nothing is quite going to do it for me in the same way making monsters into youkai did, but hey, gothic horror would be fine.  Although it could just do a gargoyle that would be indistinguishable from all of the bog-standard dragons and shrug its shoulders.  Speaking of:

@OrangeRakoon wrote:
I think not liking Rathalos is like not liking Charizard

I don't like Charizard. Shifty

Also, not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but feeding (ha) the gothic idea: I get a big Phantom of the Opera's mask vibe from the flagship's face.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 22:18

I'd love to see influences from classic Western movie monsters - something like the Creature from the Black Lagoon would work perfectly in the swampy areas.

@Buskalilly wrote:

Could this game be going for gothic western monsters the way Rise gave us Asian monsters and yokai? I'd take a werewolf, some old ghost stories, a Frankenstein (equal dragon weapon? Wink ), maybe Atlal Ka could return as the mummy . . .

The long con of naming our podcast Monster Mash finally fucking pays off, lads. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 5:47

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought about that but you're right Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16