We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 18:40

I'm guessing a lot of people will be playing Smash just now. Since I'm getting it for Christmas I'm still on MK8 and SM3DW back and forth along with a bit of Donkey Kong Country on the Virtual Console.

As faras MK8 goes, the DLC has greatly expanded the longevity of the game for me now thanks to the new karts available as well as the tracks. Can't say I'm a fan of that dragon one, though. It's a bit shit to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 19:15

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 Lex-luthor-wrong

Dunno how you can say that, SMM! The dragon track's the best of the bunch in my opinion, with its twisty turny 0G bits and its Oriental aesthetic.

I haven't been playing MK8, though. It kept my interest for as long as it took to gold the cups in 150cc (Link's bike is bloody awful though), and now I'm onto SSBU. I'm sure the former will get rolled out at Christmas time, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 20:53

Surprisingly I didn't find a duffer amongst the bunch of eight courses: even Ice Ice Outpost is good fun, particularly the shortcut at the end.

As for what I've been playing: surprisingly little. I think Captain Toad will be my next, unless some big surprise pops up like at the end of last year's December Direct.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 20:05

It's been a long time since I've seen that meme! The music is great, but I just don't get that wow factor from it that I do on the other tracks. Although in the same vain I really enjoy the Excitebike track especially with the music.
There's something satisfying about hammering someone half way around the world in the early hours of Sunday morning. Whilst using Rosalina (she's bloody amazing).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 6:29

In news that will have mas appeal ( Winky Face ), it's Bayonetta. I've passed the Prologue, at least - Chapter One awaits! Embarrassed

On the side we have Golden Sun. Gosh, that game loves the sound of its own text bleeping, doesn't it? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 8:17

Interested in what you think of GS: I thought the DS game was horrible, but apparently the earlier games were much better.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 10:09

That Golden Sun text-bleeping-love-in only got worse in the sequel: enough that I gave up on it after playing the hell out of the first one. Didn't finish the DS game either...either they got worse or I got pickier, since the original was my second GBA game (and wow'ed my socks off with it's visuals at the time) I'm a bit too nostalgic for it to be sure!

I was loving the new Mario Kart 8 DLC tracks with friends for the last 2 weeks or so: I was worried it would feel...cheap? Not in a badly designed way, but there's something a bit tacky about cross-overs sometimes. Not these though, they are lovely, a nice balance of fan-service and fun fully functional mazza kart tracks. My favs from the new bunch are probably dragon track and mute city track (not for the zero-g, I just like the layouts!). My least was Excitebike: I do like it (the music, as with all the new tracks, is just brilliant) but with 3 mates it quickly became a case of the highest top speed rushes off unless weapon-based luck really turns (regardless of how it generates the hills and such).

Otherwise I've been playing the GBA Pokemon Pinball R&S games. I loved the GB original, but never tried the sequel in it's day. Enjoying it so far, shame it's still limited to 2 tables but there enough variety to keep be going in short bursts. First VC GBA game, it upscales to the telly far better than I expected (I was expecting a pixelly disaster). How do the other GBA games, like GS, fair?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 11:28

So, leave the GS series alone is what you're saying. Meh

The only GBA game I've played on the big screen is Metroid Fusion, but it looked fine to me. A bit less blocky on the Gamepad, but fine either way.

Also, congratulations to Zaphod for making it to the repositioned Capitalist Asshat rank! Wave
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 18:34

Golden Sun does not look great on a TV screen, even with pixel smoothing (or whatever it's called - there has been alcohol in my recent past). Superstar Saga fares much better. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 9:47

A mixed bag then. Make sense, clean lines always seem to last better than fancy detailed pre-rendered stuff. Forgot about Superstar Saga, that's a talky RPG I could play again...

Balladeer wrote:

Also, congratulations to Zaphod for making it to the repositioned Capitalist Asshat rank! Wave

Shhh, Russell Brand will hear and chase me...OHGODHESOUTSIDE! *runs*
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 12:58

Been playing a bit of Smash with the housemates
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 16:48

Mainly smash bros but I also started new game plus on shovel knight the other day.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 21:38

It appears to be Thomas Was Alone, following a) Cap's recommendation, and b) Ittle Dew being so short. Partway through the tutorial levels, it barely feels like a game at the minute (on the first level I was convinced that you moved the background around a static Thomas, so little was there there)...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 21:44

ZeroJones wrote:
It appears to be Thomas Was Alone, following a) Cap's recommendation, and b) Ittle Dew being so short. Partway through the tutorial levels, it barely feels like a game at the minute (on the first level I was convinced that you moved the background around a static Thomas, so little was there there)...

Don't forget my review

Also what's happened to Bayo
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 11:53

Balladeer wrote:
So, leave the GS series alone is what you're saying. Meh

The only GBA game I've played on the big screen is Metroid Fusion, but it looked fine to me.  A bit less blocky on the Gamepad, but fine either way.

I'd give the second game a shot if you're not in it for the plot. I actually played The Lost Age first, but it's a superior game to the first (and the DS iteration), because it's far more open and flexible than the linear paths carved out in the others. More meaty, too.

Indeed they look rubbish on a TV, I think they'd be handsome on an old CRT TV given the Donkey Kong Country-esque prerendered graphics.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 11:58

And once again, people make the automatic assumption that non-linearity is a good thing...
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 12:51

Well, sorry for not writing out an essay as to why I believe linearity harmed the first Golden Sun like it did the original Paper Mario...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 9:38

Don't know about an essay, but I think that some clarification would be nice! Since we're talking about Paper Marios, TTYD asked you to do set things in a set order, and is still one of the best games ever released in my book.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 9:51

masofdas wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Don't forget my review

Also what's happened to Bayo

1) Do not worry on that score, sir!

2) 'nettie? Gently shoved to one side by a red rectangle called Thomas. Winky Face TWA is supposed to be quite short, so I'm sure I'll be back on Bayo before 2015.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 10:06

TWA isn't that short really, avg time on HLTB is 3hrs 45mins which might seem short compared to dragon age for instance. But compare it to Bayo 2 that's only 11hrs and is £39.99, so at £7 I think TWA is a decent length in the grand scheme of things.

Yes bayo 2 has replay value etc and is a better game.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 14:16

Balladeer wrote:
Don't know about an essay, but I think that some clarification would be nice!  Since we're talking about Paper Marios, TTYD asked you to do set things in a set order, and is still one of the best games ever released in my book.

You know what I meant!

But in all seriousness, TTYD is a Paper Mario I wouldn't call linear, and I thought that level of freedom lent more to it than its predecessor which was very linear.

I'm more referring to how TTYD had a lot more diversions and things to do in previous towns and generally across the entire map, compared with the original (it was a bit like Metroid in that sense), and how TTYD gave you the freedom to explore anywhere you'd like. Golden Sun: The Lost Age is a bit like TTYD, whereas its predecessor reminded me of the first Paper Mario: once you reach a particular section of map, there's no going back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 14:19

Ah, so you're not complaining about a linear game path, but a linear world?  That makes more sense. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 14:33

Yes, that'd be the best way to put it. I'm perfectly happy with the "main game" having linear progression, since it makes perfect sense most of the time. Even in "open-ended" games like Pokemon and Rune Factory 4.

Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:25

I'm working my way through SSB just now, and so far I'm loving it. One thing I'm not loving though is Shulk. He's a perfectly capable character, but it does get on my tits when he keeps shouting 'Back slash'. It has none of the charm of Captain Falcon's catchphrases.

Man alive though, it does play well and the online mode is fairly stable and is a massive improvement over Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:36

Have you never played Xenoblade, SMM?  Forget "back slash": it's all about "Reyn time"!  Or, if you have Japanese voices on, "Minna yarujanai!"  Or whatever it is Sharla keeps yelling.

I am still, theoretically, on the same game as you.  But I'm trying to complete All-Star on Hard with everyone, and sloppiness near the end can be very very painful.  Trying to do it with Bowser Jr. is one of the most annoying things I've come across in a videogame. So I'm mostly Pokémonning at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 14 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next