We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 10:46

Jimbob wrote:
Like Dark Sou*taken away by the Compare Everything to Dark Souls Police*

Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 11:29

I can't stop playing Wario's Woods. It's actually pretty scary - it, and work, are getting in the way of me playing Pokémon Sun. Afraid
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 21:26

I can tell what you won't be playing on Wii U and that's Stardew Valley as it has been cancelled but good news it's planned for the Switch now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 6:48

Just booted up Oddworld: New'n'Tasty! for the first time. It looks and feels old school but different enough to keep me interested. Well, 'interested-ish', given that I've got Pokémon Sun jammed into my other console. Grin
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:04

I played the original PC demo of Abe's Odysee years ago, and really enjoyed it, but somehow never picked up the full game or New n Tasty. How's it holding up?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 11:33

It feels a bit old and clanky, to be honest, Jim. I don't like the way Abe moves, though I am used to it now. Thumbs Up! I'm also enjoying the puzzle solving elements, though, again, enemy movement feels a bit odd.

None of this is a problem in Shantae: Half Genie Hero, which I'm playing right now. Love
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 23:23

ZeroJones wrote:
It feels a bit old and clanky, to be honest, Jim. I don't like the way Abe moves, though I am used to it now. Thumbs Up! I'm also enjoying the puzzle solving elements, though, again, enemy movement feels a bit odd.
Sad

I haven't splashed on Oddworld natch. Been working on my Wii backlog; breezed through Mega Man X after finishing Startropics, and am about to attempt to play Harvest Moon on the SNES. I accept that this is probably a Very Bad Idea - I always assume that, to get into a series, you should start from the beginning, which is dumb. And yet here I am...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 3:16

The Virtual Console version of Picross 3D is keeping me busy, perhaps it's because plenty of time has passed but it feels really new again whilst still feeling very familiar, I doubt I'll be waiting too long to play the sequel afterwards though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:28

I've managed to snap out of my gaming funk (apart from DQVII, natch) by smashing a level and a bit in LEGO MARVEL's Avengers. It feels like the kind of mindless fun I need right now. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:04

Went back to Twilight Princess the other day to feed my Zelda gaming needs. I said it last time I played but it's easy to forget just how well it plays, I feel like Ocarina but more polished and exciting is a fair description.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:01

Been thinking I need to go back to TP myself. Got a few things I want to get played before Switchment Day.

Visited family in Cornwall this weekend and delivered presents I couldn't get to Cornwall in time for Christmas. One of them was a copy of Super Mario Galaxy for my cousin. This morning he played a few hours of it, with my brother and I helping out with advice and sometimes a second remote. What a game! He absolutely loved it to bits, and I was taken back to 2007 watching him experience it for the first time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 22:56

Drunkalilly wrote:
Visited family in Cornwall this weekend and delivered presents I couldn't get to Cornwall in time for Christmas. One of them was a copy of Super Mario Galaxy for my cousin. This morning he played a few hours of it, with my brother and I helping out with advice and sometimes a second remote. What a game! He absolutely loved it to bits, and I was taken back to 2007 watching him experience it for the first time.

Ah, THAT is good work. Good work indeed.

Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess - we're playing all the latest releases! Laughing
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 23:29

Picked up TP myself today. Should still have a save file on the Wii as I was stuck on a sky temple a few years ago - looking to finally finish it this year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 3:16

Splatoon - Got the urge real bad after seeing the sequel played on the treehouse stream & having not played it for a year I was surprised how everything just clicked to the point where it was like I hadn't stopped.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 16:54

Man, I'm very tempted to try and track down my Splatoon again and fire it up. It clicked with me like no other online game has- not even Pokken or Titanfall.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 20:20

The match timer really is in that sweet spot, short so you never get annoyed by anything & is perfect for even 15 - 20 minute sessions but most of the time I just end up saying ahhh just one more game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 7:37

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I played it for half an hour when it was first released but got bored and swapped it out. I should have played for about five more minutes, because I've just had my first few battles. Looks like I'm going to get on with the fighting. Twisted Evil It's got easily accessible layers of strategy, which I am liking. In short - I'm going to be playing it for the foreseeable. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 10:34

I did buy that and never got around to playing it before my big clear out which was mainly Wii U stuff. I very much doubt it will happen but that is a game I would very much like to come to Switch in a sort of GOTY version with all the DLC and it may do better as well on a system alongside Disgaea 5, Dragon Quests', Fire Emblem's, Has Been Heroes, I Am Setsuna, Shin Megami Tensei, The Legend of Zelda, Untitled Tales of game and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

That is more RPGs then the Wii U has had its life time and with that many it may bring fans over to the system if they know they can play those along with the indie ones in the works and the games which may have cross appeal.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 21:21

ZeroJones wrote:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I played it for half an hour when it was first released but got bored and swapped it out. I should have played for about five more minutes, because I've just had my first few battles. Looks like I'm going to get on with the fighting. Twisted Evil It's got easily accessible layers of strategy, which I am liking. In short - I'm going to be playing it for the foreseeable. Grin

Keep us posted - that was a game I could never tell if I'd like or not!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 21:45

Splatoon!

I did indeed get back on the Sploon. What a videogame; just a constant joy to play. I never thought I'd say this, but between Splatoon and Titanfall 2, multiplayer online shooters are the main way I unwind after work now!
What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 21:47

Rum Rapture wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Keep us posted - that was a game I could never tell if I'd like or not!

Seconded, actually. It looked horrendous, with terrible plot and squeaky fanservice-y cast - but I love a good strategy-lite JRPG, me. Let us have yer thoughts sir!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 22:13

You're on, gentlemen! Grin In the meantime, I had a little bash on the Star Fox Guard demo. It's about as Star Fox-like as a Twix, but it's OK all the same. The sort of gameplay idea the Wii U should have had about twenty of in its first two years. Things got surprisingly tense as I tried to defend the tower and levels are short and sharp. Despite sort of enjoying it, I'll not be buying it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:28

I forgot just how great Snowpeak Ruins was, I played through it last night and despite knowing all about it, got lost in the setting for it. The Ball and Chain was such a great item too, it probably got overshadowed by the Spinner before it but it is something quite different for the series.

Had a bash at Splatoon the other day too, it was the first time I played the Rainmaker mode which was really tense, hoping they include even more alternate modes with Splatoon 2, Turf War is great but feels a bit less competitive at times than the ranked modes.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:48

Agreed - the Ball and Chain was immense, loved that thing. Thumbs Up! More than the Spinner, in fact, which wasn't really for me, somehow. Most immense TP weapon? Double Clawshots. Brilliant stuff that I would like to see again. Cool

I'd also like to mention how into Severed I am - I am totally into Severed. Gruesome, quirky, brilliant aesthetic. Cool
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 10:15

treesmurf wrote:
Had a bash at Splatoon the other day too, it was the first time I played the Rainmaker mode which was really tense, hoping they include even more alternate modes with Splatoon 2, Turf War is great but feels a bit less competitive at times than the ranked modes.

Yeah a much better tug of war style mode than tower control since you can make your way through the map however you want, I remember having some crazy push backs where the enemy team almost won but you just stop them in time.

I don't remember fully but do you see an icon on the HUD when someone has the rainmaker or is it just the map?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 26 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next