We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:00

I was desperate to get Wii Sports Club on disc but, as is my wont, I wanted it from a shop. I couldn't find one for love nor money (to be honest, I only tried money). Sounds like a lucky escape! Mind you, I no longer have Wii Sports - can you play all the games with a non-Motion-Plus Wiimote?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:44

ZeroJones wrote:
Mind you, I no longer have Wii Sports - can you play all the games with a non-Motion-Plus Wiimote?

Sadly not, it'll only work with the MotionPlus remote (or,. I suppose, that MotionPlus add-on accessory that you can get used for a couple of quid). Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 21:30

Wario: Master Of Disguise, in preparation for doing a Wario platformer section in Simply The Best. It seems a bit fussy, and clearly in thrall to the touch screen, but I'm determined to get something out of it... even if it's just the credits.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 23:25

Super Mario Maker has been getting a lot of attention in my flat lately. We made a few as yet un-uploaded courses as a group (one or two went up though). It's pretty great being able to showcase the U using one of its best games - The unfortunate side effect being my friends think I'm a sadist but in reality they just suck, doesn't matter though its still fun.
Not entirely unrelated, but putlocker (you know, the perfectly legal piracy site) works just fine on WiiU's interweb bowser.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 18:09

A couple of friends came round to my flat today, and I rolled out MK8.  We had wine, and fun, and swore lots, and by the end the lady who had started off hopeless was racing really well.

It's moments like that that make me feel like, as said elsewhere, even if the Wii U were a Smash and MK machine only, it'd still be worth its asking price.  You simply can't have that fun without a Mario Kart, and MK8 is the best one out there. I would imagine that Ducky, with his SMM-related fun, feels similarly.

Sadly, I can no longer choose Cloudtop Cruise for some reason in vs.  Whenever I select it, I get a 'disc scratched' error.  It's well out of warranty, of course. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 19:58

Balladeer wrote:
MK8 is the best one out there.

Matthew Castle
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 21:26

I don't know why you're busting out the Castle, Balla is 100% correct!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 10:20

Yeah, Mario Kart 8 doesn't really put a foot wrong - certainly nothing that the previous iterations weren't more guilty of.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySat 15 Oct 2016 - 8:41

The DLC elevated MK8 to 'Best In Series' status... but it's still not my favourite, or even most played (SMK all the way for this old man).

Anyway, in a bid to get as much as possible out of my Wii U whilst it's still semi-relevant, I downloaded the Star Fox cartoon and the Pikmin 3 demo yesterday. The cartoon is a bit odd but during it, it struck me that General Pepper is dressed much like M. Bison (or should that be M. Bichon?!). The Pikmin 3 demo is clearly a classy product but it hasn't made me fall in love with the series or the concept. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 16 Oct 2016 - 9:19

ZeroJones wrote:
General Pepper is dressed much like M. Bison (or should that be M. Bichon?!).
What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 Giphy

I've got further in DK64 than I did the first time round on the N64 - I actually finished the water level! There's nothing like exploring an underwater level in an N64 game, covering each location 5 separate times as a minimum, with minimally different textures, and a camera that you have to convince several times to turn round. People complain about Candy Kong - the mermaid nearly took Tiny's eyes out. I am still enjoying it though - I'm determined to finish the **** before Yooka-Laylee comes out (and my goodness me 30 seconds of playing that will show how far we've come).
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 11:25

Finally went back to Twilight Princess yesterday, I forgot just how many epic moments that game had though, on reflection you can see how the final product lived up to THAT TRAILER. Just entered the water temple which I don't remember being as irritating as you'd think, time will tell though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 11:57

Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. Cappa mentioned it in the eShop thread; I'd had my eye on it as a potential download anyway and his description of it made my mind up for me. Winky Face It's more of a straightforward whip 'em up than some 'vanias I've played, which is welcome. In fact, it plays like a kind of prequel to Super Castlevania IV... which is awesome. It looks like you have to beat it in one sitting, though, so it might take me a while.

Also Paper Mario: Color Splash, which is gently winning me over with its whimsy (though not its worryingly time-wasting combat).

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 26 Oct 2016 - 22:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 22:09

ZeroJones wrote:
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. Cappa mentioned it in the eShop thread; I'd had my eye on it as a potential download anyway and his description of it made my mind up for me. Winky Face It's more of a straightforward whip 'em up than some 'vanias I've played, which is welcome. In fact, it plays like a kid of prequel to Super Castlevania IV... which is awesome. It looks like you have to beat it in one sitting, though, so it might take me a while.

YAAAAASSSSS!!

Quality game, one of WiiWare's best (and let's not forget, WiiWare had some grand stuff tucked in there). Personally, I really like the straightforwardness of it. It's an uncomplicated game that you can turn your brain off to play.

The soundtrack is a belter too!

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2016 - 9:09

I still need to check that one out! I've been recently catching up on the DSiWare gems that I had missed (Reflect Missile and Digidrive are amazing), but when I do eventually get round to picking up the dozens of WiiWare games I ignored I'll make this one a priority.

As for the Wii U: I've mostly been playing Paper Mario Color Splash. Before then: Splatoon. And a bit of Captain Toad, which I got off the eShop after the Selects release and My Nintendo 20% discount.

With Color Splash out the way I've been catching up on Wii games I've missed: Excite Truck (bloody brilliant), Eledees (fun!), Dewy's Adventure (sickly sweet), Mercury Meltdown Revolution (er, only played for a minute). I've got plans to get other games like Go Vacation and Ghost Squad as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 9:15

Rock and Racing Grand Prix. I'm meant to be reviewing but I can't for the life of me work out if it's good or shit . . .
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 1:34

Which is the good part, the Rock or the Racing?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 11:21

The racing - it's actually a pretty straight racing game, it barely rocks at all.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 6:13

LEGO Marvel's Avengers takes up the disc slot. As I said to Jo, there's not much geekier than playing a Nintendo game of superheroes made out of LEGO. Winky Face

Also the occasional bout of Severed. Interesting game.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 9:44

Played Severed on the Vita, thought it was a great game
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 13:05

I think I need to start it again. I've played about twenty minutes of it in tiny chunks over six weeks. No Not conducive for an old duffer like me to remember what the controls are! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 13:08

ZeroJones wrote:
tiny chunks

Seems thematically appropriate!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016 - 22:19

Nearly finished DK64. I hate it though. I never want to bother a beaver again.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 15:26

Played through the first level of Red Steel.

Controls are decent although take a little while to get used to. Everything from the graphics to the menus scream PS2 and while I do like the way the first level eases you in to the rooms of goons, so far it feels like a light gun game with different controls - controls that are a little overboard (waving the nunchuk to open doors, or to pick up a weapon? Really?). Despite this, I'm looking forward to moving further in to Red Steel as while the controls are a bit of a pain, they are still very satisfying to pull off kills with.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 20 Nov 2016 - 9:46

I wish you luck Mr. Jones. There was a point where I decided I "was out" of Red Steel; it'll be interesting to see if it was just me.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 10:36

Sorry, naughty double post (apologies Grant; I do want to know if you're still getting on OK with Red Steel!)

Having finally finished Donkey Kong 64, I've restarted Startropics. I played it once before for 20 minutes and went "pfft"; actually, having another go, it's got a certain retro charm to it; little bite-sized tasks. I've realised I didn't finish anything in the last "sesh" I played, except to get a bit further through the dungeon I'm on each time I try, so it still feels like I'm making progress. Like Dark Sou*taken away by the Compare Everything to Dark Souls Police*

Also - as Zero would say, digression alert - it's the first time I've played a Wii Virtual Console game just on the WiiU GamePad; so I'm sitting there with the gamepad on my lap, and the Wiimote in my hands. Later on I plan to play Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger, which are also only on my Wii VC, and as SNES games, require the classic controller. So I'm going to be holding 3 controllers, 2 of which are doing diddly-squat. Hurry up Switch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 25 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next