We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 22:31

Yoshi's Island ain't worth a vote. Piece of junk.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 22:49

It's better than Wario: Master of Disguise, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 23:08

The premise of that one looked was really appealing to me. Guess it's a load of shite then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 0:38

Kirby's Power Paintbrush? Most would probably say platformer on the surface but the line drawing gameplay doesn't really suggest moving from platform to platform, I move for Action-Adventure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 0:54

I'd never describe a Kirby game as action-adventure, always platforming in my eyes. Wikipedia and various other games sites concur with me on Power Paintbrush, but if someone who's actually played the thing can chime in, would be much appreciated!

EDIT: OP updated with what's in and out for this week so far, plus what games are up for debate.

Also, results fans will be interested to know that between the top 5 there's only two points between first and fifth, so get your votes in and help separate the field!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 7:50

PP is definitely platformer, and a cracking one too.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013 - 2:02

Anyone for Kirby not being a platformer then?

Also - we still have a dead heat at the top...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013 - 16:59

my votes have been sent, wonder if they effected the top 5 in any way. I scraped out the 6 i had in mind the one that seemed abit like a platformer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013 - 17:38

They did affect the top 5, although it's ridiculously close still between the top 3.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013 - 23:41

Got my votes in. They were about as bog standard as they come, so I doubt I'm doing much to the chart.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 1:46

Chums - Infinite Space: Adventure or RPG?

Usual games sites did nothing to help as some labelled it an RPG and others a "space adventure"...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 7:54

I do hope the only bad platinum games game is being asked about purely for a dishonorable mention. It's a poor RPG though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 9:09

I wouldn't go that far, but it certainly is an RPG.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 9:50

Aye, stick Infinite Space in RPG week. Time to sort this week's vote, methinks!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 12:21

To be fair it almost definitely is an rpg but that week is going to be so packed I was hoping to sneak in a mention now. I had a lot of time for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 16:17

RPG it is! Things are still heated - first and second place are a point apart, as are fourth and fifth, with third place sitting obliviously in between.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 17:55

Results time chums!

Big thanks to the 11 of you that voted this week, up from last week, no doubt due to the popularity of the genre. Let's get the ball rolling, shall we?

Fifth Place -
Spoiler:

Fourth Place -
Spoiler:

Third Place -
Spoiler:

Second Place -
Spoiler:

And the Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr. Award for Best Action-Adventure Game goes to...

Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions (games voted by more than one person are in italics, games which were someone's first choice are in bold, game which were voted by more than one person and were someone's first choice are in red)

Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions

Spoiler:

And there we have it, another week down! Next week we're voting for Platformers so hop to it (Winky Face ) guys!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:05

The Zeldas in that need replacing with Castlevanias Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:06

At least I'm not the worst game on the Wii. Nah nah! 

Okamiden was robbed!  By the most disappointing handheld Zelda ever, no less: PH got a grumbling fourth from me.  Still, at least the piece of rubbish that was Solatorobo didn't place...

...oh.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:08

4 out of the 5 game's I voted for placed. But not that surprised though, now on to platformers.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:17

I really should play a Castlevania game. I've only played Lords of Shadows. Boo to ST placing and boo to Okamiden being lower!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 18:46

Boo! Hiss! Spirit Tracks! Boo! Etc. Had a huge rant about that game before accidentally deleting my voting slip this week. DAMN YOU! 

Quite surprised to see Solatorobo in there. One of those games that I'd use as the definition of 'niche'; I suppose appearing as the DS releases began drying up and being published by Ninty helped it somewhat. I couldn't comment, because my copy remains sealed. >___>
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 19:00

I really like Solatorobo. It was a nice game, I just don't know what I can write about a game that involved throwing things around lots.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 19:39

That's all it was, though. Chucking boxes at baddies, or pushing boxes around. Neither of which were remotely exciting. Couple of half-decent minigames on the side, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 19:53

Oops! I forgot to vote, looks like my 3 games I had marked down would only of bumped up the votes of the Zelda games though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next