We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:13

ZeroJones wrote:
Hotel Dusk was in my list too, and the 'unlikeable characters' comment is mine as well. Normally I expect games of that type to have at least one character you can root for but they all seemed to be varying degrees of jerk, with the exception of your contact at the firm.
But Dunning... Aww! Did you vote for it or dishonour it, Zero? It's not quite clear.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:14

I think Hotel Dusk scraped a 5th from me, I love being a lawyer too much!

As for Infinite Space, it's over rated not under rated. That's going straight to the dishonourables.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:16

Like andyman, it got fifth place from me. My dishonourable this week was Apollo Justice. I wanted to like that game so much, I really did.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:17

andyman949 wrote:
As for Infinite Space, it's over rated not under rated. That's going straight to the dishonourables.
If Andyman not liking it isn't a sign of its quality, I don't know what is! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 9:23

If you like playing Rock Paper Scissors but even less fair and fun then I'm sure Infinite Space is the game for you!

I think the worst outcome for last week is that nobody else voted for Myles Edgeworth. No wonder we never got the sequel. Jerks!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:14

Balladeer wrote:
List of RPGs:

Made a few additions to Silver's list to make it more complete.  Mostly DQ, Pokémon, and Mario & Luigi games (discounting the entire M&L series, Silver?  Presumably because the characters don't look anime enough Tongue ), but there's also the underrated (probably because it's ugly as sin) Infinite Space.  You're considering voting for GS:DD, though?  Your choice, but... Confused 
DQ IV, M&L PIT and Infinite Space were all actually in the list as well before i did a little cutting. If you want a "complete" list though, we'd be here all week xD

And, i actually like Dark Dawn. Problem? Evil or Very Mad

I also get the sinking feeling that Radiant Historia is going to be ignored by everyone....Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:17

"More complete" will do, I think.

No "problem", as such, it's just... I didn't see much in it. Some clever puzzles, and it was pretty, but... I'll leave the rest to my dishonourable mention.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 12:21

The one week I could actually vote on most of my systems and I haven't played any of the games I've got from this genre on the DS beyond the obvious, I haven't played Infinite Space or Radiant Historia yet. I'll abstain because my list is basically Pokemon repeated several times. I really didn't get or play as many games for this system as I should have, ah well, too late now. Hopefully I don't repeat it with the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 15:26

Well, that's my vote in. Some truly great games lost out, such was the strength of the RPG scene on the DS. I really can't wait for the results - there are so many games in the running. I expect the Honourable Mentions section to be massive!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 21:15

The gap between first and second place is just the fact one game has more first places than the other - it's that close.

Get voting guys, not long now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:31

I'll fire over my votes for best DS Pokemon games tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:43

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 1u2L0
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:55

Featuring Mario and Luigi (I sense that's not the addition you were looking for).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 0:16

treesmurf11 wrote:
I'll fire over my votes for best DS Pokemon games tomorrow.
That's why I haven't sent anything to Jay: I really would be sending a list of my five favourite Pokémon games. While others seem happy to distort the overall top fives with games that aren't close to the category we're supposed to be voting for - three cheers for Hotel Dusk, the point-and-click adventure game that's won the gold medal in 'Other' - that's not my bag. Me giving points to only Pokémon games would be a poor showing, and potentially wreck the final outcome.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 7:55

Not Jay's fault that the Pokémon games are so great! (Apart from DP, natch.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 10:43

If Pokemon games are your favourite RPGs on DS, then by all means fire in! It's not distorting the list if you've not played any other RPGs bar the Pokemon games - it's just showing your support for the Pokemon games.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 0:38

It was mainly meant as a joke but any Pokemon game that does get my vote will be well deserving of it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2013 - 1:23

Got your votes Smurfy. Smile 

Not long now guys - this has been a well voted for week with a lot of games seeing a lot of love, no runaway victors have emerged.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 16:08

One more day guys! If you've not voted already, remember to vote before tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 12:34

My votes are in! Just about to put up The Twitter reminder.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 15:29

Not long now guys... fairly sure we have a winner, but the gap between 2nd, 3rd and 4th is ridiculously close, with 2nd and 3rd only being separated by how many first places they have. It could be an eleventh hour upset for someone!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 18:11

Alright folks, it's the big one - RPG week. This week was my favourite to read through so far, and I hope it shows for you guys too. Smile 

Massive thanks to the 11 of you who voted this week, each of you had a lot to say about your chosen games - the comments this week were the best I've seen so far. Therefore, I'm including them all for all the games in our top 5 this week. So, without further ado, let's hop to it.

Fifth Place -
Spoiler:

Fourth Place -
Spoiler:

Third Place -
Spoiler:

Second Place -
Spoiler:

And the Phoenix Down award for Best DS RPG goes to...

Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions (games in italics were voted for by more than one person, games in bold were somebody's first choice, and games in red were both at least one person's first choice and vote for by more than one person)

Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions

Spoiler:

So that's that! Next up is the big one - EVERYTHING. So guys, for the EVERYTHING vote, you have 10 votes and 2 weeks to vote, mainly because next week is my birthday and I'm not really keen for typing up things on my birthday. Winky Face 
Plus you get more time to vote on your favourite DS titles! So, hop to it chums!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 18:43

Good work again. Jay. I will be sending my top 10 soon. Will you be doing count down in one go in 2 weeks time or dragging it out like balla.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 18:48

A great week, with five great games featuring and a deserving winner. (I was the only person who voted for TWEWY and didn't give it first place: it came fifth, below two(/four) Pokémon titles, FFIII and Infinite Space. Take that, Andyman! Twisted Evil That said, I did dishonourably mention Squeenix.)

Here we go. The big one. May see me reconsidering my orders for some earlier votes. Expect Meteos to get a good score from me regardless, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 19:22

Sent my Top 10 all ready, It's not very good though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 17 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next