We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 20:31

I'll probably stagger the results over the week following the two week deadline Mas. Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:32

I'm working on my list the now, and should have it signed, sealed and sent off in the next couple of days.

~

Now that I know what JayMoyles is doing, unless everybody would like to rest to voting concept for a while I'll be kicking off my vote thread in the days after the conclusion of this (with my thread hopefully starting in mid-September).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:35

I'm for it - will be a nice change from running proceedings. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:25

This has once again told me I really should get around to getting TWEWY!
2 weeks of waiting, boo!
I'm always up for voting!
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:53

I was looking foward to these results more than my gcse's. I learned two things from this list, I should really play TWEWY and you guys have no taste :p (DQ9 wuz robbed etcetera).
Looking foward to next week(X2) Prepare yourself for more poorly written and needlessly lenghty essays, jay! GWAHAHA *cough* HA!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 8:10

Phillips wrote:
Now that I know what JayMoyles is doing, unless everybody would like to rest to voting concept for a while I'll be kicking off my vote thread in the days after the conclusion of this (with my thread hopefully starting in mid-September).
There can never be too many votes! I've really enjoyed the voting threads, whenever they appeared here or on the old forum.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 9:27

I was going to do my console vote, but really intrigued what your vote thing is phiilps. So do yours then I'll do mine then bam it time for zero to do his Wii U birthday vote in November.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 9:40

Such is the strength of the Pokémon franchise the RPG scene on the DS that none of the games I voted for got into the top five. Shocked

Now for the big enchilada. This is going to take some serious thought. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 12:29

andyman949 wrote:
This has once again told me I really should get around to getting TWEWY!
You play that, andyman, and I'll play Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes maybe.

Gutted TWEWY didn't get the top vote, though at the same time it lost to another great game. Good to see Platinum make the cut, too. Some of the best comments I've read this week, also. Grin 

Can't believe we're heading to the end of another voting thread. Great fun, once again!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 17:23

That was tough, and I've got a feeling that I might edit my vote. Several times. Good games in, bad games to follow. I presume we're doing a bad game sum-up too?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 17:36

Yep - so if you all would like to send in what you think are the worst DS games, then I'll do a quick list of those in the results week too.

Also, unless someone's really against it, I'd like to attribute your names to any comments you might give for the finale votes. Gives it more of a finale feel I reckon, and also gives you a chance to talk about what the games you vote for made you feel, sort of like what Chris and Matthew did for Balla's Wii thread.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 19:46

Phillips; was your idea essentially a non-console-specific vote for each genre? I wanted to do a similar best games ever vote, but I'd be more than happy for you to do it as I'm very lazy.

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, unless someone's really against it, I'd like to attribute your names to any comments you might give for the finale votes. Gives it more of a finale feel I reckon, and also gives you a chance to talk about what the games you vote for made you feel, sort of like what Chris and Matthew did for Balla's Wii thread.
I'd like that actually, I never fully understood why it wasn't the case all along?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 19:59

Erm... so we could all say nasty things about each other for no fear of repercussions? No idea honestly - I was just following Balla's example!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 20:25

Does nobody else enjoy playing, "Match the comment to the forumite"?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 0:15

Buskalilly wrote:
Phillips; was your idea essentially a non-console-specific vote for each genre? I wanted to do a similar best games ever vote, but I'd be more than happy for you to do it as I'm very lazy.
Nah, that's not it. I don't think that's an idea that would work as well as it does with it being console specific. The readership here isn't big enough to have any results that would be particularly conclusive - you'd get a bunch of stuff with one vote and finishing in joint-second. Besides, going by some of the comments spread across these two vote threads, the forumites here haven't played quite as many different games as I had assumed. Balladeer doesn't know about the PlayStation yet.

I'm not looking to take on any more threads. Two jobs and a postgrad degree will be enough work for me, ta. If anything, I'd be pretty happy to see someone who hasn't done one of these threads take it on. I'm keeping it quiet as I don't want folk thinking about it while we've got this going on. It would be a bit shady to Jay.

~

As for the referenced comments, aye, good call. It's not too tricky to tell who's saying what if you're a long-time NG/GNamer Forum user though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 0:59

JayMoyles wrote:
No idea honestly - I was just following Balla's example!
I know, I wasn't accusing you... just Balla.

Balladeer wrote:
Does nobody else enjoy playing, "Match the comment to the forumite"?
Not as much as I enjoy seeing my comments misattributed and people taking the mick out of the wrong commenter.

Phillips wrote:

Nah, that's not it.
Huh. Guess I imagined/ totally made that up. Sounds like me.

Fun fact: this was my first time using the multi-quote. So this was done the old-fashioned way. Patience, copy and paste.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 7:36

Phillips wrote:
Balladeer doesn't know about the PlayStation yet.
What is this Play Station you speak of? Sounds a bit like a sex toy shop to me!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 11:21

Balladeer wrote:

What is this Play Station you speak of?  Sounds a bit like a sex toy shop to me!
It's an add-on for the SNES.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:14

I also thought Phillps was going to do genre vote, but like you said there's only about 12 of us at the most that vote, which are tad on the nintendo fanboy side.

The other problem is we can't agree on genres at the moment yet alone every game ever made.

I suppose due to members a nintendo genre vote could work so best platformers on a nintendo system (but we all know the best platformers are on a SEGA system).

But now even more curious what phillps vote thread is now though, just tell us you meany.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 12:36

It's not worth thinking about. Let's do this thread, think about what we're voting for here and I'll tell you later.

~

Oddly, I'm working my way up from tenth to first for my list. I've got my 7th-10th placed games sorted, but haven't decided what 3rd-6th will be. The top two are obvious, but I'm undecided as to what order.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:11

masofdas wrote:
which are tad on the nintendo fanboy side.
I disagree with that - certainly we all drifted over from a Nintendo forum so we all have experience with Nintendo, but I'd say there's a solid representation of other consoles here: hell, I'm probably more of a PC gamer than anything now.

How's everyone's top 10s coming along? I've done mine, and we've had two others vote so far. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 14:25

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
which are tad on the nintendo fanboy side.
I disagree with that - certainly we all drifted over from a Nintendo forum so we all have experience with Nintendo, but I'd say there's a solid representation of other consoles here: hell, I'm probably more of a PC gamer than anything now.
And assuming it is true, what do you expect?  This is not the first time that I've said this, I think.

Phillips obviously doesn't want to say it now, so let's leave that topic and concentrate on the voting thread we do have. I'm wondering how many of the top ten will be RPGs.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 20:44

A week to go folks! If you've not done so already then fire your votes over to me! We've got a densely packed bottom half of the top 10 best DS games so far, your votes will help split up the pack.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 21:10

I can't think of any standout best games on the DS like SMG and TP on the Wii. NSMB, perhaps? HGSS? Ghost Trick? Beyond that, I'm drawing a blank, so I'm surprised that the top half has already separated out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 21:33

The World Ends With You? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 18 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next