Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+12
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 23:16

I think andyman voted for Superstar Saga too. Could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 3:08

Toadstool tour was a brilliant golf game.. Says the guy that doesn't vote in these things
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 7:47

I voted for Superstar Saga as well, and I had plenty of fun with Toadstool Tour but it didn't place.  Maybe it should have done: I probably enjoyed it more than SMW...

(pointedly ignores deliberately inflammatory post from Andyman)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 9:03

I'll start to wind this thread down in the next couple of days, but there's two things I'm still wanting to do. The first is ask everyone this: if you were allowed to vote for it, where would you have put Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island? I'd have voted like this:

Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
*Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island*
Mario Kart 64
Mart Kart 7
Super Mario World
Paper Mario 64
Mario Tennis 64
Super Mario Sunshine
(11th - NSMBU)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 9:11

I really really like Yoshi as a character.  He's simply adorable.  So it makes me very sad that I'd have to place Yoshi's Island in "the Twilight Zone", south of my number ten (although well north of my dishonourables).  I disliked all the bitty collectables, and never got on that well with the egg-throwing mechanic.

I keep hoping for a Yoshi game that will make me love the dinosaur/dragon as a hero, rather than a mount.  I'm not holding out any hope for Yoshi's New Island, but perhaps Yarn Yoshi?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 9:14

Well you all no I would of put Yoshi in at number 2, with Double Dash dropping to 11th.

So with me and you phillps it would be on 16 points.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 9:21

I didn't vote for Superstar Saga, I really enjoyed it but as I could never beat the final boss I'm still rather bitter that I've not seen the end and it just can't rate as highly as the other 2 M&L games I've played.

I rather enjoyed what I played of Toadstool tour, but I didn't get nearly enough out of it to place on my list.

As for Yoshi's Island I'm not a fan of it at all. I've tried it a few times and I just don't enjoy it. I think I'm just not a fan of how Yoshi controls, or Yoshi as a character for that matter. Maybe Yarn Yoshi will swing me though.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 9:30

I would have put Yoshi's Story at number 3 if that could be voted for.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 11:13

One place below Super Mario World, as it was probably better overall but not as groundbreaking. Or something. I dunno. (EDGE, can I have a job please?). 3rd then.

P.S. Really pleased how well this has gone. I hope you're all looking forward to voting in my "Top 10 BBC Micro Games" topic next week! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 12:34

I see that it's safe to assume that Yoshi's Island would have been involved somehow. I originally wasn't going to ask if the forum thought it shouldn't be included as I really do regard it to be the sequel to Super Mario World and regard Yoshi's Story, Island DS and the other games that star Yoshi to be spin-offs of SMW2. Yeah, the gameplay mechanics are a bit different to Super Mario World's, but so are Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Sunshine to Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64. It's the only game I felt should have been included that wasn't. Still, all is done - I was just curious!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 12:52

From a selfish point of view, I'm glad that DD!! and Mario Tennis got a chance to shine. They're almost certainly less appreciated than YI, so it's nice that they had their moment.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 13:26

Ack been away from this thread too long.

andyman949 wrote:
Mario Kart 7 is the worst Mario Kart I've played. The courses aren't very fun, the floating and underwater sections added literally nothing and I really didn't enjoy the kart customising system. It's the only Mario Kart that I had to drag myself through the cups and I didn't want to return on higher CCs.
I agree, in part; the gliding and underwater parts just served to slow things down. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed got things right in this regard - the pace never let up, no matter whether you were in a boat or a car or a plane.

Glad that TTYD and Galaxy placed so highly - my third and second respectively. Beautiful games.

Recently got to thinking why I'm not so fond of Mario 64 - when I've thought through it, I'll post up the reasons in here.

Wish there'd been a handheld Mario game in the list. Aww!

I'd have put Yoshi's Island in my list but it would have been in my bottom five.

*shuffles away again*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 15:02

Yoshi's Island wouldn't have placed in my list if it was eligible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:25

andy wrote:
I didn't vote for Superstar Saga, I really enjoyed it but as I could never beat the final boss I'm still rather bitter that I've not seen the end and it just can't rate as highly as the other 2 M&L games I've played.
Same here but I felt it still deserved a place in my top ten.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:28

It's still the best for me.  Reasons for this include the Thunderhand, Prince Peasley, no 2D platformer-esque sections, Fawful before he became a cliché, Popple, and the best in-battle Bros. Moves of the series.  Anybody master the Advance Command for the Thunder Bros., to the point where you could do it without slowdown or button prompts?  That's what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 22:42

I agree with everything you said about island Phillips.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:41

My Top 10

1. Super Mario 64
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
5. Mario Kart Wii
6. Paper Mario
7. Super Mario Sunshine
8. Mario Kart Double Dash
9. Mario Power Tennis
10. Super Mario 3D Land

My top 4 made the top 4 so obviously my opinion is brilliant, my two Mario Kart votes were quite different from the norm though it seems.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 2:07

Seeing as others have, here's my top 10.

10 - Super Mario Bros.

9 - New Super Mario Bros.

8 - Mario Strikers: Charged

7 - Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

6 - Mario Power Tennis

5 - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

4 - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

3 - Super Paper Mario

2 - Super Mario Sunshine

1 - Super Mario Galaxy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 7:58

Wahey, lists!

Super Mario 64
Paper Mario TTYD
Mario Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart 7
Mario & Luigi SS
Mario Kart DD!!
Super Mario World

I'm interested to know how M&LSS did now.  Seems like it'd have been vying for the tenth spot.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:26

My list is somewhat off the pace.

1) Super Mario Bros. 3
2) Super Mario Galaxy
3) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
4) Super Mario Kart
5) Super Mario Bros.
6) Mario Golf (N64)
7) Donkey Kong '94
8 )Super Mario 3D Land
9) Mario Tennis (N64)
10) NES Open Tournament Golf
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:59

According to Phillips mines is the oddest:

1 - Super Mario Galaxy
2 - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
3 - Paper Mario: TTYD
4 - Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
5 - Mario 64
6 - Super Mario Bros 2 (veggie throwing one)
7 - Super Mario world
8 - Mario Strikers Charged Football
9 - Punch Out
10 - Tennis Razz 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 14:18

Punch Out?! I knew I should have voted for Mario there, his refereeing was spot on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 16:34

If everyone else is posting them here's mine!

#10 Mario Party 8
#9 Mario Strikers Charged
#8 Super Mario 3D Land
#7 Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
#6 Super Paper Mario
#5 Paper Mario
#4 Mario Galaxy 2
#3 Super Mario Sunshine
#2 Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
#1 Mario Galaxy
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 20:18

Here's the last pieces of information from me. We've seen the top ten and seen what wasn't accounted for whatsoever - now let me show you how everything ranked in between:

In tons of places...:

As a bonus, here's how the final list looked when I closed the voting to youse but before I added my votes:

The Original Top Ten Was...:

~

So, as far as I'm concerned, that's a wrap. Thanks to everyone who got involved; now onto masofdas' console thread and whatever we've got planned for the future. Luigi vote, anyone? Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 20:31

Hurray, SML got nine points! It's not a game that stands up well in the light of the modern day, but it was my first proper videogame, so hurray!

Oh, and another big thanks to Phillips for hosting the thread and rounding everything up. Good show!

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 Sarcastic_baby_mario_clapping_by_babyluigionfire-d65mp1j
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next