We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+12
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 11:49

Party, SPM and GBC Mario Golf... Yes, a very different list. Which is good!

The_Jaster wrote:
C'mon give it a break its still a great game in its own right, also its not really a straight up 3D Mario either its more of a mash up that incorporates 2d aspects, I think Nintendo Gamer summed it up best:

Nintendo Gamer wrote:
The Tautness of 2D Mario games, streatched into the third dimension. What initially feels insubstantial is actually a time trialler's dream.
I wasn't criticising it!  Not in that particular post, anyway.  I'm interested in how it did in comparison.

But as somebody who is not interested in time-trialling and has always much preferred the 3D Marios to the 2D ones, those are not plus points in my eyes.  I get what you mean about the 2D/3D mash-up, but I thought that the Galaxies went far enough down that route without making it boring.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 12:00

As far as unusual lists go, Jaster takes the gold medal. Thanks to his tenth place vote, it's conclusive fact that NES Tennis is a better game than New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

EDIT: I don't remember Super Mario 3D Land doing all that well. It got votes, but I don't think it was ever in that cluster of games that just missed tenth place. I'll count up it's votes (and everything else's) probably during Nintendo Direct.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 12:11

Thanks Phillips. And I wouldn't be surprised: NSMBWii wasn't much cop, even compared to the other NSMB games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 13:31

balla wrote:
I wasn't criticising it! Not in that particular post, anyway. I'm interested in how it did in comparison.
Fair enough! It just seems like you've been on its back quite a bit recently as well as the upcoming 3d world.

Phillips wrote:
As far as unusual lists go, Jaster takes the gold medal. Thanks to his tenth place vote, it's conclusive fact that NES Tennis is a better game than New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Glad I could help Razz 
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 16:11

Cube wrote:

10. Super Paper Mario

3. Mario Strikers Charged Football
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Lol.

Can I suggest that the first post be edited to include the full top ten? Bit of work for someone if it gets done, but it would help for future reference... possibly, maybe I'm the only one that can see the benefit of this...

Am I the only person who stuck votes in for Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario RPG? Please tell me I'm not. Meh 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 16:19

MK7 was my seventh place, above DD!! in ninth.  I think it might have been Mas who voted for SMK.  Haven't seen SMRPG, though - yet another great Mario game that just didn't make my list.

10.= Mario Tennis, 22, 0
10.= Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, 22, 0
9. Paper Mario, 24, 0
8. Mario Kart 64, 26, 0
7. Super Mario Bros. 3, 27, 1
6. Super Mario World, 31, 0
5. Super Mario Sunshine, 38, 0
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2, 45, 1
3. Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door, 60, 0
2. Super Mario 64, 73, 6
1. Super Mario Galaxy, 87, 4

For if Phillips wants to add them to the OP without the slog of searching the thread.  I'm bored at work, myself.

Now I'm just going to bask for a bit in the radiance of the list's combined brilliance.  Aaaaah.  For all that people complain about Mario being whored out, when he's at his best, no one can touch him.

The_Jaster wrote:
Fair enough! It just seems like you've been on its back quite a bit recently as well as the upcoming 3d world.
The two are probably related!  I'm annoyed that Nintendo are bringing out a 3D home console Mario based on the worst existing 3D Mario, in my opinion.  That in turn makes me direct more ire towards a game I'd have otherwise stuck in the 70% range and forgot about, until it's time to squeeze it into the bowels of my top ten in the next 3DS voting thread.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 17:33

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Cube wrote:

10. Super Paper Mario

3. Mario Strikers Charged Football
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Lol. 
Those three were all in my top ten too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 18:19

Whatever you two are on, I don't want any of it! Nah nah! 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 18:59

I'm high on fun Dusty, nothing but 99.1% chemically pure Nintendo fun.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:53

Here's something: it's a list of some Mario games that nobody voted for at all.

In last place...:

There's plenty of enjoyable stuff in there. Just goes to show how good the Mario series is, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:57

Dream Team Bros. is a curious one, as the only M&L game not to place. Then again, it was very slow.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:59

I really enjoyed Dream Team Bros but it didn't impress me anywhere near as much as BiS and suffered a bit in my eyes because of that.

That's quite an impressive list though, not many Mario Party fans out there then?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:01

Yeah Dusty I voted for SMK like you.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:03

Mario Kart DS not racking up any votes is surprising.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:06

It only really had the missions going for it. Oh, and ROB. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:21

So someone actually voted for Hotel Mario
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:28

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, that's the one that raised my eyebrows. It finished fifth/sixth in your DS top ten, didn't it?

masofdas wrote:
So someone actually voted for Hotel Mario
Well, no. Nobody gives a rat's ass about Hotel Mario. That was a list with some of the stuff that people might have enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:31

Phillips wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, that's the one that raised my eyebrows. It finished fifth/sixth in your DS top ten, didn't it?
That's right, yeah. Guess it just pales in comparison to other Mario Karts.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:40

I'd definitely have put DS over 7 though, 7 is rubbish!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:47

Right, andyman, the floor is yours. Explain how Mario Kart 7 is rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:49

andyman949 wrote:
I'd definitely have put DS over 7 though, 7 is rubbish!
GET OUT!

Phillips wrote:
Here's something: it's a list of some Mario games that nobody voted for at all.

In last place...:

There's plenty of enjoyable stuff in there. Just goes to show how good the Mario series is, doesn't it?
Even I couldn't find a way to stick Mario Superstar Baseball in to my list. I'm a little puzzled about how I managed to get Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour in there. Shocked
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:52

Toadstool Tour is an odd one. I've owned it a few times and think it's pretty decent, but it's never really grabbed me. That said, my brother, who isn't a gamer at all, got addicted to it good and proper a few years back and finished the whole thing. I don't think you were the only one who mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:53

Mario Kart 7 is the worst Mario Kart I've played. The courses aren't very fun, the floating and underwater sections added literally nothing and I really didn't enjoy the kart customising system. It's the only Mario Kart that I had to drag myself through the cups and I didn't want to return on higher CCs. When I realised Mario Kart 7 was one of the games I had left on the train I didn't give it a second thought (other than the fact it would've been worth more to trade it in Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:55

Back to Double Dash!! with you now!

I take it back, Toadstool Tour is ace. I must know who else voted for it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 23:09

I voted for toadstool tour as well, was I the only the one to vote for M&L: superstar saga?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!   The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Mario Vote Thread! Voting Closed, Top Ten Unveiled - Thanks For Playing!
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next