We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyTue 18 Aug 2015 - 9:48

Yesterday I did not play a single video game. Shocked I can't remember the last time that happened (at home, at least)...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 21:30

I'm actually finding it pretty tough to go back to my backlog. The reason the games in my backlog are in my backlog is because they weren't gripping enough when I started them, so going back to them feels like a bit of a chore...

In other stuff, I've bored a couple of you about National Novel Writing Month in the community forum. Through my own hubris, I am co-taking charge of London's NaNo efforts this year, with one and a half others (the half is moving to Cardiff pretty soon...). That means taking online and in-person responsibility for a writing event encompassing over a hundred (maybe 150 at a guess?) people across the city, involving a pressured schedule and setting up several different events. It runs all November.

Halp. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 21:45

My Backloggery helps me by making me feel guilty about my literal hundreds of unfinished games - shameless link here.

Ah, I remember you getting right into that either last November or the November before. Hell of an undertaking, but props to you! Best of luck, Balla! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 21:48

Both, actually! Laughing I'm hoping that my ability to get really into it will compensate for the terror I feel about actually running the thing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 21:55

Are you writing something in November as well as organising the London events?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 7:59

Good luck, boss! Grin Why not sign up to help out at StreetPass London events while you're at it? Tongue
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 8:07

Because when I looked for them a while back, I couldn't even find any evidence of stuff going on!

JayMoyles wrote:
Are you writing something in November as well as organising the London events?

You have to! Or you're meant to, anyway. The idea is that you write your 50k at the same time as dealing with everybody. But when I've got an idea of what to write in my head, I write pretty fast, so I'm not worried about that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 8:35

I'll just leave this here...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 18:20

I've got a job interview tomorrow, and it's my first big proper "this is a real career here" interview as opposed to one for a part-time job. Shitting it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 18:37

You'll smash it mate. Once you've got the interview, that's the hardest part done.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 18:40

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 19:41

Good luck and good skill, sir. I will cross my fingers for you. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 19:42

Best of look, old chap. Smash it to dust.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 20:13

Cheers gents. Thumbs Up!

I've been preparing for most of today for it so there's not much more I can do besides keep my bottle for it on the day. I'll let you know how it goes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 21:08

Good luck! Welcome to the real post uni world... Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 20:00

So my interview went okay - it wasn't a disaster by any stretch, but I definitely cocked up a couple of questions. Regardless of whether I get the job or not, I needed experience with interviews so this was a chance to learn what to do. I'll hear on Monday whether or not I've got the job.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 20:47

Is it an interesting job? I had a few shitty ones post-uni but have eventually fallen into a pretty good place. Which, er, might not be encouraging, but, you know... good luck Jay!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 21:10

Can't be as bad as my first post uni interview. I smacked my head on some low stairs on the way in, leaving me reasonably dazed, then they basically turned around and said they had no idea what they wanted in the position and just threw it on the uni job shop, even though they wanted someone with experience...

For my actual job I got massively lost and turned up over 30 mins late, so that's some pretty opposite luck.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 22:09

At least it's over.

Drunkalilly wrote:
You'll smash it mate. Once you've got the interview,  that's the hardest part done.

I wanted to leave saying this until after Jay's interview, but... this only applies if you have a public-facing role anyway. For those of us who hate working with the general public (and, crucially, don't have to), or underwrites, or people from other firms, it's a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 23:30

Rum Rapture wrote:
Is it an interesting job? I had a few shitty ones post-uni but have eventually fallen into a pretty good place. Which, er, might not be encouraging, but, you know... good luck Jay!

It does seem to be a really interesting job, so I'll be disappointed if it passes me by.

andyman949 wrote:
For my actual job I got massively lost and turned up over 30 mins late, so that's some pretty opposite luck.

Well, I was nearly late to my interview as there was no-one in the reception area (bank holiday, seemingly) and I didn't really know where to go in the building. Made it though!

Balladeer wrote:
I wanted to leave saying this until after Jay's interview, but... this only applies if you have a public-facing role anyway.  For those of us who hate working with the general public (and, crucially, don't have to), or underwrites, or people from other firms, it's a nightmare.

From the impression I got from my interview, getting the interview was indeed the easier part of the application process.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 3:06

Talking of interviews I have an informal one this coming Monday which is to do with an upcoming work placement, it's been a while so what exactly is the correct attire for an informal interview?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 7:15

Nice one Jas, I'd probably go for shirt no tie, however I have impressed in the past by being the only person in a tie at a couple of interviews (easy, eh?).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 8:41

When in doubt, suit up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 9:59

I agree with Andyman. Thumbs Up! Good luck and good skill to you, Sir Jaster!

Weirdly, the interview for my current job, and the one for the role I had before in the same establishment, went pretty well. I feel the stress of an interview more than almost anything else - stomach flipping,

maybe TMI:

and the like. No
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 16:08

Cheers folks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next