We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Chat Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 19:36

I'm here for a bit! Back at the flat for some dinner before heading out again. Tennis is really the only sport I can get enthused about (bizarre, I know) so this is a happy day for me. Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 20:53

I'm not usually, but there have been some brilliant games on and I just got carried away. Grin 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 23:45

Ah, I love it. I even follow the piddly little tournies nobody cares about. There's another two opens on this week, for example.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 13:11

I have just clocked up 3 whole months of being paid to stay home from work at full pay. I am truly staggered that it has been so long. I did actually go back to work for a single day last week and that ended badly. I was instructed that if I came to work again, I risked losing my job ........ no really! You would think it might be cool to get a paid 3 month holiday, but it isn't, not like this anyway.

They now have the investigators report and have had it for nearly 2 weeks now. The last coomunication I got asked me to reconsider my position on a settlement. I am extremely confidant the report is not good for them, so I have no intention of backing down, not now and especially after all this time. However, I really just want to move on with my life, start doing something new. This limbo scenario is just getting frustrating.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 13:36

oldschool wrote:
I have just clocked up 3 whole months of being paid to stay home from work at full pay.  I am truly staggered that it has been so long.  I did actually go back to work for a single day last week and that ended badly.  I was instructed that if I came to work again, I risked losing my job ........ no really!  You would think it might be cool to get a paid 3 month holiday, but it isn't, not like this anyway.

They now have the investigators report and have had it for nearly 2 weeks now.  The last coomunication I got asked me to reconsider my position on a settlement.  I am extremely confidant the report is not good for them, so I have no intention of backing down, not now and especially after all this time.  However, I really just want to move on with my life, start doing something new.  This limbo scenario is just getting frustrating.

Is there anything contractually that stops you just getting another job while this plays out?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 13:42

beemoh wrote:
oldschool wrote:
I have just clocked up 3 whole months of being paid to stay home from work at full pay.  I am truly staggered that it has been so long.  I did actually go back to work for a single day last week and that ended badly.  I was instructed that if I came to work again, I risked losing my job ........ no really!  You would think it might be cool to get a paid 3 month holiday, but it isn't, not like this anyway.

They now have the investigators report and have had it for nearly 2 weeks now.  The last coomunication I got asked me to reconsider my position on a settlement.  I am extremely confidant the report is not good for them, so I have no intention of backing down, not now and especially after all this time.  However, I really just want to move on with my life, start doing something new.  This limbo scenario is just getting frustrating.

Is there anything contractually that stops you just getting another job while this plays out?

I imagine, without knowing for sure, that getting another job will kill any payout to leave, but not if I wanted to sue for damages. I have to stay at home until this plays out. Seeking damages would be a lengthy, expensive and highly risky strategy. It would also mean I would continue residing in a world of negative energy. I would much rather put this negative stuff behind me and focus my life on positive energy. Yes, I know that sounds very new-age, but I am not a hippy, I swear Smile 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 13:45

We had a substitute physics teacher for a lesson back in school. He taught us how to enhance our positive qi by breathing in through one nostril and out through the other. Have you tried that? Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 13:55

Balladeer wrote:
We had a substitute physics teacher for a lesson back in school.  He taught us how to enhance our positive qi by breathing in through one nostril and out through the other.  Have you tried that? Winky Face 

Sounds like a wanker to me Cool 

I just believe in the power of thought, the choice you make to be positive or negative. I do hate being stuck in a negative environment, as it has great power to draw energy from you. It is one of the reason I use the internet a lot less now, as it is such a negative space, especially for games. Most people just want to talk down everything, instead of concentrating on what they like. It is the reason I still float around here, as it avoids that trap quite well.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 20:55

I moved flat last weekend and made the move from Huddersfield to Wakefield. New flat is lovely but it's horrible not having internet isn't it? I didn't realise how much I use it!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 21:11

Not a day goes by without the Internet being a key part of my life. It may be bordering on psychological dependence. Meh 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 21:42

Balladeer wrote:
Not a day goes by without the Internet being a key part of my life.  It may be bordering on psychological dependence. Meh 

The way I see it, it's got less to do with how great the internet is and how rubbish everything else is- without wanting to be reductive or snobbish, TV, radio, printed media and indeed the vast majority of society is brilliant if you like football, pop music and Hollywood films. However, any deviation from that and you're not served whatsoever. If you don't go to the internet, you get nothing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013 - 21:57

All of my TV comes from the internet too as I don't have a TV license so that wasn't really an option.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013 - 0:11

beemoh wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Not a day goes by without the Internet being a key part of my life.  It may be bordering on psychological dependence. Meh 

The way I see it, it's got less to do with how great the internet is and how rubbish everything else is- without wanting to be reductive or snobbish, TV, radio, printed media and indeed the vast majority of society is brilliant if you like football, pop music and Hollywood films. However, any deviation from that and you're not served whatsoever. If you don't go to the internet, you get nothing.

This so much.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 12:29

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but what does the thanks button that appears in some threads do?
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 13:45

Spreads love and happiness and changes the post's colour Grin (so nothing, really)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 13:47

The person you thank gets five pounds emerge from just beneath their space bar as a reward.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 13:55

The boring answer is that it gives that person three points. Of course, points mean prizes!

(Except they don't here.)
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 13:59

We could always give away ice-cube trays when the annual awards come around? Cheeky 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 14:00

Ah, then I shall take advantage of it in the future then! I'll admit I'm actually a bit of a sucker for points myself, even if they are redundant.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 14:08

What you don't know is that Balla and Stu are planning to eradicate and ban all users with less than 1000 points by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 14:16

Jay, we told you that in confid- er, I mean, pay no attention to the Moyles behind the curtain!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 16:00

There's a thanks button?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 16:08

If you make a thread it's next to the quote options.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 11:44

Yet another bizarre event in my long battle with work today. My boss, who I lodged a bullying claim against, has suddenly been transferred to another country in a different division. Also, my boss' boss, who I also lodged a bulling complaint against, has been removed from her job, demoted and sent to another state to work.

I am sure they will spin the story of that having nothing to do with my complaint, but no one will buy it. It appears the Karma universe has aligned itself. They really dug a hole for themselves. They must have been over confidant that I would just resign if pressured enough and it backfired. I think the reason this has happened is because they exposed the company to a damaging financial situation and possibly negative press if I took legal action. They failed dismally in their duty of care to me.

Now I am waiting to see if this affects the outcome of my 3 months of paid absence. I am still expecting to part ways with them, at a significant price. However, I have to consider the possibilty that they may consider me returning. If they do, at a minimum I would ask that my written warnings and bad review are expunged and I am given the pay rise denied to me, plus the 6 weeks of sick leave I did use. On top of that, it would need a plan that would ensure the problems that occurred would not be repeated.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 18:04

Not sure what it is, but this week has felt really long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next