We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

The Chat Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 0:50

Time to talk about the wweather. What a land of contrast ..... wall to wall televison coverage of massive fires in NSW, plus there have been more in Victoria and Queensland (which is has 60% of the state declared drought) ........... then there is where I live, in NW Tasmania, where it snowed last night, quite heavy indeed, on top of the constant rain we have had since June.

I know which region I would rather live in though and it is where I am. You can always put more clothes on. Wave 
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 3:58

It snowed down here as well on the mountain
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 9:15

oldschool wrote:
I know which region I would rather live in though and it is where I am.  You can always put more clothes on. Wave 
ALL of the this.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 11:52

New laptop GET! It's noticably quicker at loading everything - going from a 5 year old processor to a quad core would do that though. Yet to try out its gaming functionality, excited to though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 15:04

isn't quad core a bit dated, thought 8 core was more common now. I got this feeling mate has a 16 core or something stupid like that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 15:16

For a desktop, yeah. But for laptops, it's pretty good. I've been testing it out and it's coping fine with a lot of recent releases.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 16:35

Anyone else ever forget to eat and then suddenly realise they haven't eaten for one and a half days?  I only have oats in the house until a few days time so I just lost my appetite and forgot to eat until just now.  I could really go for some meat right now, or pasta.  Or Ravioli.  
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 16:44

I struggle to go more than 6 hours without food let alone a day and a half Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 17:20

After finally eating I can heartily recommend you never try. It feels nice to have a full stomach again, even if it is still just oats.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySat 26 Oct 2013 - 20:56

...Nope, never. I am a huge food fan. Food is great. Although I will support Athrun's love of meat and pasta.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 0:16

Of a day I usually don't end up eating until around 5pm.
Of a weekend I can usually go most of the day eating
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 0:55

Athrun888 wrote:
Anyone else ever forget to eat and then suddenly realise they haven't eaten for one and a half days?  I only have oats in the house until a few days time so I just lost my appetite and forgot to eat until just now.  I could really go for some meat right now, or pasta.  Or Ravioli.  
I have gone a couple of days without eating for no apparent reason. The thing I found about not eating for a extended period is that there is a certain period where you generally do feel hungry, but if you are distracted enough, by about 10 hours, that feeling starts to go away and doesn't return at the level pre that 10 hour period was.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 9:22

I go over 10hrs with out food each day, have dinner before I start work (so 10.30 am ish) then don't eat really to next morning.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 22:43

I find it mad how anyone can go that long without food, I feel hungry every few hours, if there were enough food around my house regularly I'd be eating like an animal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:02

Since I've been living on my own again,I regularly have days where I forget to eat meals. And since I'm trying to lose the flab, I haven't been letting myself snack. So I sometimes go days without eating. For example; I didn't eat at all on Friday, then didn't eat until about 9pm Saturday when I had a big Mac.

Anyway, do you know what it's time for? Gather round, children, it's
Buska's Boozy Bedtime Story!
So, I finished work at 10 on Friday night. I knew I had to be on a bus at twenty past six the next morning but I thought, hey, there's always time for a swift one at the rose and crown. So I went to meet my mates and I had a fairly sensible evening, just a couple of G and T's and some pool.
But my mate Alex was out, who never comes out, so we got to taking about my earlier antics- ie Butlins.
Then we got on to the Friday of the week before. To nobody's surprise, I got pretty drunk that night. I got in my mates car with half a bottle of whiskey, half a bottle of vodka and two cans of Pepsi. Oh, and some popping candy. And somehow I decided it would be a good idea to get a bottle of chardonnay when everyone went in Tesco.
This is how I remembered that night; I drank the whiskey pretty quick, then the vodka mixed with the coke and, later, the popping candy. I got amusingly drunk, didn't fancy the wine. The next thing I remember, we're now in the pub and I'm passed out on the toilet floor. The bouncer removes me, we all walk home.
It turns out my version of events left a few things out.
Like the part where my friends were describing me as the most sensible member of the group, an ex police officer, to someone they met, when I run into the pool room and scream "I WANNA START A FIGHT!" or the part where I wet willied a stranger at the bar who would have knocked my lights out but for the fact he was, and I quote, "one strike away from pub watch."
Oh, and you know I said I decided the wine? Did I fuck. I chugged it. Now I know my problem- drinking whole bottles of wine.

So we all laughed about the week before, I went home and eventually went to sleep. Went to MCM Expo in London. Mini review; not great for guests, massively overpriced merch, too many people. Basically an excuse for social awkward people to walk around giving and receiving "free hugs". A fun experience once, probably won't go again.
But my mate Gavin is friendly with the people who run the manga bit and he gets us into the VIP afterparty where all the cool people are, like the dudes who made attack on titan and the dude who directed Tales of Xilia. We each got two free drinks, plus the ones we bought. And, well this happened.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:13

Can't see the picture linked Buska.

Great story though - I'm normally pretty sensible on a night out, but I've had a few nights like that where I drank a stupid amount of alcohol in a stupid amount of time. Most recently was my 20th, where I drank a 70cl of bourbon straight in about an hour and a half, then headed out to a nightclub where I have no recollection of what happened. I've been reliably informed by my mates that it was most hilarious to see me drunkenly stumble into the women's toilets thinking that it was the men's, stumble back out again and walk up to a bouncer and scream "THERE'S NO FUCKING URINALS IN THERE", then getting chucked out.

Woke up with a raging hangover, and much to my confusion finding a tube of Pringles, some chicken pakora and a chicken tikka roll (half-eaten) in my cupboard when going to get dressed. Also, one of my loving flatmates had drawn a cock on my face whilst I was sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:19

That toilet story drew an actual lol from me.
It was a video of me dancing but could be that it isn't set to public. I'll chat to the lass who uploaded it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:49

Another cracking Buska tale there! I always end up sobering up before I get any real stories told about me. I'm far too tight when I'm out. Last time my friend asked me how much vodka I wanted with my lemonade to which I foolishly replied all of the vodka. I then proceeded to drink 3/4 of a pint of Vodka with a dash of lemonade. Sure enough a couple of hours later despite a few ciders I was sober as could be (always just as we hit the bloody club making it even worse).

Still it gives me plenty of memories such as when my friend had pulled, came back to my house so they could get a taxi back to hers. He then wimped out, anothher mate showed up to mine to find out where we'd gone and then they both pissed off leaving this drunk german girl left in my bed. I had no idea how to kick her out so when she wake up I ended up playing Dead or Alive 5 with her to stop her going back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:58

andyman949 wrote:
I was sober as could be (always just as we hit the bloody club making it even worse).
That's the worst. Hitting up the club sobre fills me with an existential hatred of myself and all of humankind. What is the point of anything?

Quote :
drunk german girl left in my bed... I ended up playing Dead or Alive 5 with her.
Player!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 23:20

The club is such a thin line of acceptable drunkenness though, too little and it's hell on earth, too much and the vibrations get to my stomach and I throw up. Damn limitations.

As for the girl, if I didn't have a girlfriend already I still probably wouldn't have been too interested.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 23:45

Oh yeah, I was only playing. For all my jokes, I'm not actually that interested in one night stands. I'm after something more meaningful.

I had a similar story where I helped a friend pull, he brought her back to mine, I left then alone in the living room... I came back ten minutes later and she was gone. Apparently he just sat there in silence until it got so awkward she left.

Oh! I forgot the best part of the MCM story. I left the party too late for the tube so I had a two-mile walk back to the hotel in the absolute pissing rain with massive blisters on my foot. Not quite drunk enough that I didn't care, not quite sobre enough to find my way back efficiently.
I guess I should have packed a coat, or a jumper, or literally anything with long sleeves.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 1:38

andyman949 wrote:
I ended up playing Dead or Alive 5 with her to stop her going back to sleep.
If only it had been Mortal Kombat... so many easy "FINISH HER" jokes missed...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 8:00

I'm just going to read all these stories and nod. I don't get terribly drunk often (only actually thrown up from it three times), but I have never been drunk enough to make me want to/enjoy going into a club. Horrible, horrible places.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 9:17

Only twice for me! One of them was my first time as well so I had literally no idea how much I could handle. 7 Ciders + other drinks turned out to be too much!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 9:38

You guy's, I went out myself Saturday it was shit. I had my first drink in 6 month's, never talked to any females or hit the d-floor. But if i meet Buska soon sounds like a night with him would make up for it.

Andy even if could of pulled, surely you can't do anything Cheeky as a christian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next