We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Remakes Chat and Stuff

Go down 
+11
Admin
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Jimbob
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
beemoh
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 17:33

As this is the place about remakes/ports etc

After this week we've got
Xenoblade coming to New 3DS
Saint's Row IV coming to ONE & PS4, which is kinda good deal as it includes the stand-alone expansion
More rumours on Beyond: Two Souls Directors Cut for PS4 and GTAV being delayed to add more stuff but the rockstar said still this year but what's the stuff
Dead or Alive 5: The Last Stand coming to PS4 & ONE but it's not uncommon to see fighters get re-released

I think that's it but who knows with Sony doing there Pre-TGS conference tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 14:58

Apparently this will be playable at TGS (along with Resident Evil Revelations 2), so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

I personally don't have high expectations: that switching to widescreen mode zooms the game in is telling enough: Capcom aren't willing to spend the money remaking the game's CGI backgrounds in HD to fit the new aspect ratio. Though all the things which were rendered in real-time (lighting, character models and so on) should look better.

Otherwise I've been too disappointed by "HD" "remakes" (Tales of Symphonia Chronicles was the last straw for me) that I'll probably hunt down a copy on GC instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:27

What about this a HD port of a HD port, So Square are looking at ways to bring Kingdom Hearts games to PS4 & ONE with the easiest being porting over the HD version's on PS3 of the PS2 originals.

Well on PS4 you could just put them on NOW but that doesn't solve the Xbox ONE.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Dec 2014 - 21:49

Want more re-releases sure you do,

Capcom are planning on bringing DmC & DMC 4 to PS4 & ONE,

I've defended some re-releases in the past and I would get something like a uncharted trilogy for instance, but those two coming make no sense unless capcom has plans for a new game in the series and not sure to do DmC 2 or DMC5. So they brought out those two games to see what one fans like the most.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 13:24

Simple money grab just like all the other re-releases.

General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 Trevino-head-shake
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 17:41

I disagree that all are cash grabs and know some like uncharted trilogy people want.

But this seems like pure cash grab of two panned games by fans of the series. You'd think they at least release something people want or likely to buy for a quick buck or add something cool like the FPS mode in GTAV.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 21:29

DmC SHOULDN'T be panned though, it's one of the most fun Hack and Slashes I've played. It still doesn't deserve a rerelease mind.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 21:46

I agree it's great but the fans of that series hate it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:52

Capcom loves a remake thing don't they as they now have about 600 coming next year alone now with the very likely Resident Evil Zero aka the last good one getting the HD treatment
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 18:40

So borderlands handsome collection was confirmed for PS4 & ONE today which will come out end of march and have Borderlands The Pre-Sequel & 2 with all the DLC making it a huge package and rather good value also it now runs in HD.

I've tried playing 1 & 2 before both times I was late to the party and as the game to me is focused on co-op, so I didn't get far in. So I'm kinda tempted by this collection but it comes out around the same time as FFType-OHD & Bloodborne that I will leave it.

I don't know if a admin could change the name of this thread as well, as it's became the thread about remakes not just RE.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 22:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 19:32

I've said it once, I'll say it again - games that aren't at least 10 years old DO NOT NEED FUCKING REMADE. Laziness of the highest standards and smacks of money grabbing.

And Borderlands ran in HD before Mas, not sure where you're coming from there. Meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 19:40

That's direct from 2K that it's now in HD, I gather they mean it's now in 1080p.

I would take a few remakes from the last gen like Bioshock which is 8 years old for instance.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 19:43

Ah, makes sense. I played both 1 and 2 in 1080p on PC already, hence my confusion.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 20:43

To be honest, Borderlands is a bloody mess on consoles and it needs the extra power, plus files can be carried across so I'll pick it up if it actually does perform up to scratch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 17:04

Good news Fahrenheit AKA Indigo Prophecy has been remastered and is coming to STEAM.

Now that's a remaster game I do care for hopefully it comes to PS4.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 19:58

Yeah, that's one I can get behind - nearly 10 years old, pretty janky on PS2 when I last played it... I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 20:41

A strange one this Legend of Kay which is a 2005 PS2 games is getting a anniversary version coming to Wii U along with PC.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 17:49

Good or Bad depending on who you are but ReMake HD is capcoms fastest-selling digital title of all time. It also smashed PlayStation Network records, scoring the largest day one launch in the history of Sony's online service.

So basically the Good is that RE: Zero which has been rumoured will come and maybe fianlly they remake number 2, the Bad is that there's more remakes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:06

Bugger having new IPs, let's remake our entire library! Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:09

Well Capcom isn't in the best shape, so from a business point of view remaking stuff is a sound concept.

I'm not sure if they will do a RE2 remake as that would take a lot of time but surely would sale.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 9:26

I am a little bit fed up of hearing my younger work colleagues talking about this as a "big revamp of the original". IT'S THE GAMECUBE VERSION! IT'S THE GAMECUBE VERSION! IT'S THE GAMECUBE VERSION! IT'S THE GAMECUBE VERSION! IT'S THE GAMECUBE VERSION!

IT'S THE GAMECUBE VERSION!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 10:30

Surely if they seen this via news sites what not they would of seen it's the gamecube game as everyone brings it up.

Also shows how well that game has held up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 11:11

Darksider II is coming to PS4 & ONE which I think is pretty much the Wii U version but running at 1080p.

I guess Nordic games need to do something with the licence.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 15:24

Like making Darksiders III? Meh
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 19:57

I'm glad somebody at least bought Darksiders, but I'm with Jay. Meh
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Remakes Chat and Stuff
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next