We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things

Go down 
+21
flora-chan
Rum
Cube
Treesmurf
oldschool
gjones
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Sylveon
Gogoata
ZeroJones
Fastpie
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 19:42

A new monitor. This one's nearly a decade old, and keeps switching off so I canmth't always see what I'm typ[;ping; it'll cost too much to repair it compared with purchasing a newer, bigger, less breaky one.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 22:55

196, 38 PAL games to go
Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Dsc00010
I could of got a fare few of those 38 today but I would of been broke with likes of a £90 MoHo which is also crap
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 23:32

I'm looking for Shenmue 1 and 2 myself, although they have sky-rocketed in value the few days. Holding out hope for remasters as the frequent loading times and loudness of the Dreamcast aren't ideal. Might just get the Xbox version of Shenmue 2, although it glitches on 360...

I picked this up today, as my experience with WWE Network has been mixed. It may be my Internet, but it always buffers for videos meaning I have to pause and wait. The DVDs have been getting cheaper so looking to build up a collection of them over the coming months...

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Wrestl11
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Jun 2015 - 11:07

I all ready own Shenmue I & II on the DC in PAL form, I would like to pick up a JPN Shenmue II which comes with a demo for Virtua Fighter 4 which didn't end up getting a release on the DC. Then there's a USA Shenmue I, along with What's Shenmue and Project Berkley.

Only thing I won't pick up is is Shenmue II on Xbox from any region as not got anything to play it on unless I see it cheap.

Yeah the value I brought it up in the cost of retro gaming all the versions have gone up in price especially the Xbox one which I'm guessing because more people still have a Xbox or a 360 so they can play it over the DC versions.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015 - 9:37

I would like to preface this image by saying I do not have the system for the games in question.  Believe me you'll know when I do have the system.  Laughing

Spoiler:

The best Zelda ever right there folks, no argument.  Also more Persona, never a bad thing, especially when it's resolving a story from the first Arena and has Yu looking like a actual badass on the cover.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 17:34

A Xbox One today with Batman Arkham Knight from work for £224.10 which seems a bit of a bargain to me as Batman in ASDA is £45 on it's own and I was buying that anyway but on the PS4, that you could say I paid £183.60 for the console.

But due to that the £40 credit I had in GAME which would of bought me Batman on PS4 went towards Halo:MCC & 3 Months Gold.

Now I have a ONE again can I have a rant, I forgot and play & charge kit was thing but in 2015 why should I need to go buy one or use batteries, the HDMI cable is shite quality, took for ever to update and I've redownloaded likes of Killer Instinct and none of them have even installed yet, Halo:MCC has barely done 50% in 3hrs 30mins I've done well almost nothing.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 17:39

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 IMG_1083_zpstnegxe2t

I already showed this to masofdas but yeah good time than anything to upload this, limited edition hello kitty blue Japanese
I had birthday money and it went towards this beautiful console, got some games from my local retro gaming store too.

Oh my goddess JP
Soul calibur JP
Phantasy star online PAL
Jet set radio PAL
DC-X import disc

What do I buy other than games, I guess I can include manga books, novels, learning books and art-books
I normally buy books on e-reader now because of the room it takes but it depends really what it is and price.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 18:08

Cube wrote:
Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 WgNScIw

(Digital Version)

The third book in the Green Rider series. I loved the first two.

I want to read this novel, I've only heard excellent things about it
it's on my wish list on my e-reader but you inspired me to get it now. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 19:43

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 CIxC4NqWgAEesT4
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 15:28

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Sam_0312

A hilarious reversal on the "normal person gets transported to fantasy world" cliche, Satan himself and his closest assistant flee through a dimensional gate from the hero Emilia after a lost battle, promptly finding themselves in the middle of Tokyo and now thoroughly human.  Hilarity ensues as they try to adapt to normal human life.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 13:01

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 IMG_1103_zpstsapsje6

Got these from Japan is happy now can play these two special games in the evening time
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 15:06

18 Wheeler on the Dreamcast which takes me to 37 PAL games to go and I bought in GAME no less King Dedede & Meta Knight amiibo meaning I've only got Shulk to get out of the SMASH ones that you can buy.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 15:47

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Sam_0313

About time I got the Persona Music Live Band album given how great the music in the series is.

Ear buds were never my thing, always got wax on them with every use. Still can't believe I had to import these though, how incompetent a range do headphones have to be in this country that you can only get headphones or shitty as all earbuds? To be fair there's probably some offline retailer that has better ones in the city, but dems the breaks when you live over 300 kilometers from the nearest city.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2015 - 22:07

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 CJVRcjHWgAAFqjP

Yes more Dreamcast games of a former collector who was going for a full PAL set but decided to sell it all to fund a arcade cab running Naomi stuff AKA Dreamcast.

The 8 cost me £60 but NEO doesn't work, so getting a refund on that but with the other 7 it takes me to 206 (depends on your view) dreamcast games across all the regions with 30 PAL games to go for a full set.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 8:41

Penelope the amiibo:

I read yesterday afternoon that a local GAME had a few in. Poignantly, she unlocks Balloon Fight.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 9:05

Mas I'm interested in your thoughts on Maken X, as I recall it being a Sega published title that was either really good or very awful, depending who you asked. Pretty sure there was a PS2 port as well.

What Dreamcast games do you have left to pick up? I've always wanted to collect for the system, but them cases just fall apart in my hands!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 18:34

@gjones I put Maken X in the DC to see if it worked and tired with the fishing rod as I heard rumours it worked like Red Steel but it doesn't. And that was my time with it, so far as I have heard it's a bit of a hidden gem and was 80 out of 200 in DCJY 15th anniversary vote.

There is a PS2 remake called Maken Shao: Demon Sword but is third person instead of first, that the uniqueness is kinda lost on it and it's also the censored version like the western DC version.

Also the western versions have really bad English localization. IGN stated in its review of the Japanese version that "the Japanese voice acting is top-notch",while stating that in their domestic review that "various problems ranging from the horrid translation to the even worse voice acting job make it hard to follow." This was part of the reason why IGN gave the US version a "good" score of 7.9/10, while giving the Japanese import an "outstanding" score of 9.0/10.

So yeah maybe if you asked people that played the OG jap version did say it was good whilst people who played the western version leaned more to the awful side.

This is what I'm missing still (yeah the cases are bad on the DC, but could be worse could be the Saturn):
90 Minutes: Sega Championship Football
AeroWings 2: Airstrike
Aqua GT
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Bangai-O
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Cannon Spike
Championship Surfer
Coaster Works
ECW: Anarchy Rulz
Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles
F1 Racing Championship
Floigan Bros.: Episode 1
Freestyle Scooter
Gauntlet Legends
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
MoHo
NBA 2K2
NBA Hoopz
Nightmare Creatures 2
Rez
Samba De Amigo
SnoCross Championship Racing
Speed Devils: Online Racing
Street Fighter III: Double Impact
Stupid Invaders
Super Magnetic Neo
Super Runabout: The Golden State
Taxi 2: Le Jeu, French Only
Wetrix+

Going by eBay UK prices it will cost me £765 to have a complete retail PAL set, but there is more to get after that though like the 51 games, I need to get to have every game which was released in USA that didn't get a PAL release. Before you ask I'm not then going to get all the Japanese games that weren't released in the West as there's hundreds of them with some that make Evolution 2 PAL Ver look like a cheap game.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 19:03

My latest orders came in over the last few days, inclduing more expensive anime figures from my last hlj order, the next New Jedi Order novel on my hitlist, and lastly a new game.

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Sam_0314

After the amount of delays Mikasa had I'm almost shocked that she's finally here, been over a year since I pre ordered her.  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Sam_0318

I've heard a fair bit of praise regarding Star by Star, suffice to say I'm looking forward to it when I get to it.  As for Steins;gate, a natural purchase given how much I enjoyed the anime and I did say I was going to get it.  

Close ups for the curious of the figures:

Bonus Luke assembled image.  Fabulous hair is fabulous.

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Sam_0319
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 19:42

I don't often say what downloads I buy as you can't see them and I don't actually buy them that often either even though I'm a big fan of indies etc.

Today I bought 3 very different games all on PSN, Hatoful Boyfriend which is a game where you date pigeons but I've only heard great things like this other game The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (not that Ethan Carter) the last is Bastion which I had on the 360 & is amazing.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 18:04

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 DSC_0034_zpsvywhxybx

£4.99 in a local PSDA charity shop. Unbelievable. Everything except the plug is there, and in really nice condition...a bit of a shame that the sales assistant dropped the console to the floor when she open the box to check it's contents, but I hope it's survived it's fall.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 18:12

That's a unbelievable bargain as charity shops have become really expensive.

Even if the consoles is now broke, the box is worth a few bob on its own.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 19:48

SNESes are mighty, Cappa - it'll be fine. If 12-year-old me could see that for a fiver... wow.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 20:20

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

£4.99 in a local PSDA charity shop. Unbelievable. Everything except the plug is there, and in really nice condition...a bit of a shame that the sales assistant dropped the console to the floor when she open the box to check it's contents, but I hope it's survived it's fall.

wow so lucky lol Razz keep your eye out for good bargains at your local charity shop because
if it doesn't sell in 3 different stores of the same company they go in the bin so keep looking and searching once every 2 weeks~!  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 21:21

masofdas wrote:
@gjones I put Maken X in the DC to see if it worked and tired with the fishing rod as I heard rumours it worked like Red Steel but it doesn't. And that was my time with it, so far as I have heard it's a bit of a hidden gem and was 80 out of 200 in DCJY 15th anniversary vote.

There is a PS2 remake called Maken Shao: Demon Sword but is third person instead of first, that the uniqueness is kinda lost on it and it's also the censored version like the western DC version.

Also the western versions have really bad English localization. IGN stated in its review of the Japanese version that "the Japanese voice acting is top-notch",while stating that in their domestic review that "various problems ranging from the horrid translation to the even worse voice acting job make it hard to follow." This was part of the reason why IGN gave the US version a "good" score of 7.9/10, while giving the Japanese import an "outstanding" score of 9.0/10.

So yeah maybe if you asked people that played the OG jap version did say it was good whilst people who played the western version leaned more to the awful side.

This is what I'm missing still (yeah the cases are bad on the DC, but could be worse could be the Saturn):
90 Minutes: Sega Championship Football
AeroWings 2: Airstrike
Aqua GT
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Bangai-O
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Cannon Spike
Championship Surfer
Coaster Works
ECW: Anarchy Rulz
Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles
F1 Racing Championship
Floigan Bros.: Episode 1
Freestyle Scooter
Gauntlet Legends
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
MoHo
NBA 2K2
NBA Hoopz
Nightmare Creatures 2
Rez
Samba De Amigo
SnoCross Championship Racing
Speed Devils: Online Racing
Street Fighter III: Double Impact
Stupid Invaders
Super Magnetic Neo
Super Runabout: The Golden State
Taxi 2: Le Jeu, French Only
Wetrix+

Going by eBay UK prices it will cost me £765 to have a complete retail PAL set, but there is more to get after that though like the 51 games, I need to get to have every game which was released in USA that didn't get a PAL release. Before you ask I'm not then going to get all the Japanese games that weren't released in the West as there's hundreds of them with some that make Evolution 2 PAL Ver look like a cheap game.  

Some quality games in there. I remember really wanting Super Runabout at the time it came out, despite negative reviews. It reminded me of Crazy Taxi but with destructible environments (a bit like Wreckless). Bangai-O used to be a cheap one but imagine it's gone up now. Good to see you have Evolution 2 as that goes for crazy money.

Were there many US exclusive games that weren't sports titles then?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 7:26

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

As I said on Twitter, you're a jammy git for finding that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next