We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things

Go down 
+21
flora-chan
Rum
Cube
Treesmurf
oldschool
gjones
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Sylveon
Gogoata
ZeroJones
Fastpie
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 23:17

Picked up a Crystal Xbox - the least ghastly looking one. Also picked up Outrun 2 for £2, but probably going to grab one of the Timesplitters games soon. So many good games for the price of a coffee, and they still look good on a modern TV.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyWed 1 Jun 2016 - 9:16

Nice G, there is so many great games on the OG Xbox. I really should get another one as like you say the games are cheap. Just looking on CEX for less then a fiver I can get Halo, Halo 2, Chaos Theory, Fable, PGR 2 and DOA3.

Also there's no sort of rare expensive games you want in a Xbox collection compared to prices of games of the same caliber on other retro systems.

I sort of messed up as I wanted Overwatch and work hasn't had in stock in days and I couldn't be bothered to go into town before or after work over the weekend / bank holiday. I just wanted to get home and play games, watch TV and have food after working 10+hrs.

So I decided to download Overwatch from the PSN but £55 dam that's a lot. But hey it's $60 on the USA store and I can get $50 for £38 but I needed a bit more money and as I've not got a USA Payment of any kind. I had to buy more PSN credit and as Oxenfree, There Came An Echo, Primal and Dangerous Golf coming this week.

I bought another $50, and with a discount I paid £73 for $100 of PSN. I downloaded Overwatch for $60 which left me with $40 which I was thinking that be plenty to get the other 4 games I want as there be like a $10 each.

Well I was wrong and after adding Oxenfree, TCAE and Primal to my cart that came to $45, so I either had to not buy all the games or add $5 which I can't do as the lowest PSN credit is $10 which would cost me £8 or I could get a $9 discount if I'm a Plus member and I can get 3 months Plus for £12 which is more then paying the £8 for $10 but there has been times where I could have really used that Plus discount in the states also they may get a different Plus line up at some-point.

So I ended up spending £85 for Overwatch, Oxenfree, There Came An Echo and Primal, those games would have cost me looking this morning in the UK £85 meaning I saved nothing.

I do still have 3 months USA Plus which may come in handy, nearly $6 in my American PSN wallet which I may use to rent a film as it's $1 short for me to get Dark Cloud 2 and I've got the USA version of Primal which does make difference as it will be in 60hz where the EU version will likely be 50hz.

The morale is wait and don't try to be clever as it's not always a great deal like that time where I only paid £18 for Witcher 3 and Transformers.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyWed 1 Jun 2016 - 12:43

masofdas wrote:
Nice G, there is so many great games on the OG Xbox. I really should get another one as like you say the games are cheap. Just looking on CEX for less then a fiver I can get Halo, Halo 2, Chaos Theory, Fable, PGR 2 and DOA3.

Also there's no sort of rare expensive games you want in a Xbox collection compared to prices of games of the same caliber on other retro systems.

Funny you mention those games, as they are all installed on the Xbox. The guy who owned it previously has obviously hacked the system and installed full Xbox games on to it. It already has Outrun 2 on it and I just bought a disc copy lol. It also has emulators for SNES and GBA, so I don't really need any new games for a while!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyWed 1 Jun 2016 - 17:12

Speaking of XBox, yesterday I got Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords in Barnardo's for 99p. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 8:46

A new extractor fan for the bathroom, a new light switch for the bedroom (stop it) and the labour to put them in. Also, an orange Lucozade.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 10:35

Ordered GTA V (PS4), $3.5m worth of in-game cash and a strategy guide off of ShopTo for just under £30. Seemed like a good deal, and it's a game that, amazingly, I've never played.

I also picked up six GBA games in British Heart Foundation for 99p each. Nowt special - it's all movie licesned stuff, like Madagascar, Revenge of the Sith and Shrek 2 - but all the games were fully boxed and in great condition.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 14:01

Comic books!

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 Lootco10

Well, this seals the deal, Bookdepository is clearly using faster mail now, for sure! That's two orders that arrived in seven days of shipping now!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 17:43

Sound is a bit off but I recorded soon as I got in what I bought and you can see something rather cool for you Nintendo (v)fans
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 22:58

I bought it at the start of the week but it only came today. It's a laptop, and her name is Behemoth the Destroyer of Lag and Bringer of frames, Jinx master and You've probably stopped reading. So here's a link and a picture.
http://m.ebuyer.com/735151#fo_c=951&fo_k=ce46d091ad7bd88bdb66b6e5362f1d3a&fo_s=gplauk?mkwid=s_dc&pcrid=51508044419&pkw=&pmt=

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 21:29

A local charity shop were doing any ten games for £4.90 (49p each?), and I wound up buying:

Dreamcast Collection (360)
Wii Sports Resort (game.com)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
Big Brain Academy (Wii)
FIFA 12 (Wii)
Jak II (PS2)
Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2)
T.H.U.G. (PS2)
Splashdown (PS2)
SoulCalibur III (PS2)

Fairly decent, I thought.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 19:01

More cheap Wii games, this time from Cash Generator, all for 50p each. Best of the lot was Resident Evil 4, which came with three copies of the game, for some reason.

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 Dsc_0010
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 19:10

Three copies of what might be the best version of one of the most highly acclaimed action games of all, for 50p? You've been robbed, my lad. Pale
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 22:09

That's really weird! I love it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 23:23

Uh-oh! Somewhere in Cash Convertor are 2 empty boxes, methinks! You chose... wisely.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 1:23

Hope you didn't keep those discs face down too long. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyThu 9 Jun 2016 - 0:08

He's got 3 of them, he can afford to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptySun 12 Jun 2016 - 12:01

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 100110

Picked this for 2.99 and while it's a comprehensive list, there's a lot of suspect entries giving the book a feel of "1001 games that are worth playing" rather than the "must play" title it suggests. It's padded out with late 2000s games that really aren't all that good - Army of Two anyone?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptySun 12 Jun 2016 - 12:18

And I bet it completely ignores niche titles like Ys Felghana and other games that dwarf half the titles in the book.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptySun 12 Jun 2016 - 16:01

There's plenty of niche titles on there, as it's written by over 20 games writers.

These are the J-RPGs:

Mother 3, Disgaea 2, Final Fantasy XII, Jeanne D'arc, Persona 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IV, Odin Sphere , The World Ends With You, Persona 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Dragon Quest V, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Tales of Symphonia, Dragon Quest VIII, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Golden Sun, Suikoden III, Final Fantasy IX, Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia, Vagrant Story,Final Fantasy X, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VIII, Faselei!, Grandia II, Xenogears, Shining Force 3, Final Fantasy VII, TActics Ogre, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire II, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy V, Dragon Warrior/Quest.

The book was written in 2010 so it needs updating too.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyMon 13 Jun 2016 - 22:14

Aye - I picked that book up recently, and there are quite a few mid-2000s games that have aged poorly. Ah well, that's what time will do! I was surprised how many of the 80s game I'd not heard of - that was kind of fascinating...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 16:19

It was double trade-in value at GAME today, so I punted FIFA 16, PES 2016, Destiny (all PS4), LEGO Batman 3, Penguins of Madagascar (both Wii U), Mario Golf World Tour, Ace Combat +, Codename S.T.E.A.M. (all 3DS) and the Borderlands 1 + 2 collection (360) for £135.

Wound up spending the credit on new copies of DOOM, Street Fighter V and The Last of Us (all PS4) and £25 of digital credit for both Nintendo eShop and PSN.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 16:22

Do you now if there doing that tomorrow as I've been thinking about trading in what's of my Wii U collection and getting a Xbox One again as unlike the Wii U it does have games coming I want to play.

Update
Saw Cappa's post, checked the value on GAME website as you know what GAME are like, it more then likely less then price matching with CEX which normally it would be double it would be around £260. So got dressed rushed into town and I arrived at 17.30 the time the store closes. I'm hoping the deal will be extend for people like me didn't see the tweet but if not DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 10:14

Moar comic books!

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 Evenmo10

And thus ends the Big Time era of Spider-man!  Onwards to the Superior era!  If the first two and a half volumes of Big Time are anything to go by Superior is going to be a hell of a ride!  Grin

One more push and I reckon I can chill out with all these comic book purchases!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 12:24

You're getting pretty close to up-to-date with Spider-man. Any interest in going monthly once you get there? I've been thinking of getting back on the train, and having someone else I was reading along with might be fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016 - 8:21

Well, I've still got a fair ways to go, five volumes of superior and eight Amazing (or six Amazing and two for Spiderverse), but going monthly is definitely something I'm considering once I get there for sure!

If it was Ultimate Spidey I'd stick to the paperbacks since Bendis can be a bit slow when it's just one issue at a time, but Amazing going by what I've read is pretty satisfying in issue chunks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next