We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 21:44

I've always got Nintendo systems on day one & this is the first where I'm seriously thinking about not doing that (sad times) but as was already said above I will wait until they proper reveal.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 22:15

I've said else where that I nearly always get the system day one since the GBA be it Nintendo or someone else but the 3DS & Wii U where such a let down at launch that for me to buy NX it has to be 1. Cheap which unlikely if it's a portable PS4 in terms of specs, surely that will cost a silly amount which Handheld (Nintendo's market) won't upgrade for & the console owner can go get as Jay put it you can a get cheaper games, a cheaper console, a more fleshed out library on either the PS4 or XBONE or 2. it launches with Zelda which I think is very likely with TPHD being the Wii U's Zelda or a TP situation which in this case could make a big difference unlike last time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 22:47

JayMoyles wrote:
I wouldn't buy a console on launch anyway. Why bother when you can wait a year and get cheaper games, a cheaper console, a more fleshed out library... course, if everyone acted like that, we'd have no consoles. Laughing

Because the hype is very real and very fun to participate in. I'd rather take part in the hype wave and experience the new console at the same time as everyone else, than be left behind and watch everybody else discussing it (good or bad) while I twiddle my thumbs.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 22:50

That's why you become a multi-format gamer Balla, come to the dark-side in 2016 we have Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Horizon, The Last Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 22:56

The best way to aid that along, Mas, is not to make me feel like I have to say "okay fine, you win" to you when I do it.

Seriously, stop telling me "BALLA GO MULTIFORMAT" (this is not just you, this is everyone).  I'll do it when/if I'm ready to, making my own decision, and every person on the Internet who tells me that I really should do it makes me want to less.  I'm a stubborn bastard about certain things.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 23:11

Don't want to push anything on your Balla but just saying whilst I would of been twiddling my thumbs a lot this gen if I only went Nintendo with there 6 months caps between things that having another format fills the void but lot's of other things could also like your writing thing at the moment for stuff to do.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 1:05

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I wouldn't buy a console on launch anyway. Why bother when you can wait a year and get cheaper games, a cheaper console, a more fleshed out library... course, if everyone acted like that, we'd have no consoles. Laughing

Because the hype is very real and very fun to participate in.  I'd rather take part in the hype wave and experience the new console at the same time as everyone else, than be left behind and watch everybody else discussing it (good or bad) while I twiddle my thumbs.

Nothing wrong with that - it's why I mentioned that if everyone did the same as me, there'd be no new consoles ever due to horrible sales at launch.

For me, hype's fine and all, but if I'm not 100% absolutely sold on a console or game, I won't buy it at launch. I value my money and time over hype, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 9:33

More info this is from N Enthusiast in turn from another source

It looks like that practice is about to change with Nintendo’s next generation console. Nintendo started distributing the software version of the “NX” development kit to qualified publishers and developers this week. We had a brief chat with a senior developer at a major game publishing company based in the U.S., and according to him, Nintendo NX is going to have very impressive hardware.
Based on the development kit, the sheer processing capabilities of the hardware (which still hasn’t been finalized) are going to be “incredibly powerful” and quite possibly faster than whatever Sony and Microsoft have in store. Specifically, one software demo included with the kit crunches so many polygons that it’s currently impossible to run at 60fps using a current-generation Intel (we’re assuming a Core i7 Skylake) CPU and a nearly top-of-the-line graphics card (no specifics provided, but they probably used a single graphics card).

Not to go back around Balla but I was and still am a SEGA fanboy and really wanted a Saturn but I got a PlayStation instead as that one my uncle got me after in his mind the Saturn was doomed and I would be twiddling my thumbs waiting for games and it did never get a proper Sonic, now thinking I'm saying the same to you. So sorry mate but since then with my uncle getting me a PlayStation and having a N64 from my Nan, I've never looked back and go for one system.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 14:25

I think you're being a bit too negative about a console we still know relatively next to nothing about. I can remember being very skeptical about the Wii when it was first revealed ("how am I meant to play a game with a TV remote?") but I ended up really enjoying the console. I think we need a lot more information about the NX before passing any real judgment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 16:01

Hang on a minute.

JayMoyles wrote:
My dream Ninty console would be one with the same level of power as its competitors, but with their unique games. I don't really care about all the bells and whistles and, for want of a better word, gimmicks that come with it.

JayMoyles wrote:
I can remember being very skeptical about the Wii when it was first revealed ("how am I meant to play a game with a TV remote?") but I ended up really enjoying the console.

How'd you reconcile these two then?

For the record, I do care about console innovation. The hybridisation is one particular innovation I'm not keen on, but that's not to say I wouldn't be interested in another "gimmick" (and I still feel that "gimmick" is just an innovation the person using the word doesn't accept). However, they have to know where they're going with the innovation. I don't feel like they've used the Gamepad very well in comparison to the Wiimote.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 16:35

I loved the Wii for the first few years of its lifespan, and I definitely felt like I got a lot out of the console. But my tastes changed - hence why I don't think I could go for another console where its USP is something a bit different like the Wiimote. I enjoyed the Wii, but it didn't hold me like the Gamecube did.

Give me a powerful box with Ninty's uniquely brilliant games, and I'd be happy. I don't think I'm alone in wanting that either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 17:16

I don't think you are, sadly. And it does sadden me when people say they don't want any more innovation in consoles. Like I said, I don't want innovation for innovation's sake, and not all innovations will be good ones, but nor do I want future machines to just be bigger, blacker boxes, especially when the last quantum leap power was able to make (te transition into 3D) happened 20 years ago. Try new things! Deliver new experiences! Find The Next Big Thing for gaming!

It looks like that might be VR, which isn't one for me. But it is at least new.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 21:01

I've said in the random thoughts yes would be nice to have big black box power from Nintendo but it's likely just getting Nintendo's games and that might not be enough for me that I kinda like innovation from Nintendo to show me what makes there console different part from there games.

Also Balla there has been leaps in gaming SD to HD, along with story telling, better AI, bigger worlds etc over the last 20 years which have delivered new experiences and have you tried any VR headset as once you've tried, you'll understand the hype.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 8:53

masofdas wrote:
Also Balla there has been leaps in gaming SD to HD, along with story telling, better AI, bigger worlds...

Those are "quantum leaps" in the sense of "quantum particles", though: really small. Razz Not really small maybe, but nothing like the leap from 2D to 3D.  Motion control's the biggest one since, I'd say, and that's nothing to do with machine power (and neither's VR).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 10:39

And now motion controls unless paired with VR are considered a fad though. Where all those little ones are and will stay relevant also I think SD to HD was huge and I think just look at Nintendo & how they've struggled to get games out on Wii U because of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 14:12

Balladeer wrote:
I don't think you are, sadly.  And it does sadden me when people say they don't want any more innovation in consoles.  Like I said, I don't want innovation for innovation's sake, and not all innovations will be good ones, but nor do I want future machines to just be bigger, blacker boxes, especially when the last quantum leap power was able to make (te transition into 3D) happened 20 years ago.  Try new things!  Deliver new experiences!  Find The Next Big Thing for gaming!

It looks like that might be VR, which isn't one for me.  But it is at least new.

I think the bolded part is the problem for most & also the way motion controls/gamepad have been viewed sadly which is why I'm really worried about the NX hybrid scenario as while it can sounds like the best of both worlds on paper, most people just want a simple controller for their games.

It's a hard sell, in fact even harder after they botched explaining how the wii U & gamepad works to the public so for now it would be best if Nintendo kept it simple for the console and innovate with their games like they always do.

----

EDIT: haha this is the first mock up I've seen on the NX, don't know how they managed to find the worst place ever for the analogue sticks. Applause

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 Wii-2-mockup-143-660x350-e1427276154875
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:09

I think I've said before about the slogan to use Play Anywhere also Pokemon would be on it, people love Pokemon and buy handhelds just to play that game.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 17:30

The_Jaster wrote:

EDIT: haha this is the first mock up I've seen on the NX, don't know how they managed to find the worst place ever for the analogue sticks.  Applause  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 Wii-2-mockup-143-660x350-e1427276154875

No
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 18:28

masofdas wrote:
I think I've said before about the slogan to use Play Anywhere also Pokemon would be on it, people love Pokemon and buy handhelds just to play that game.

The thing is though the majority of folk who aren't buying Nintendo consoles are saying "Just give us a normal controller" and a Hybrid is the opposite of that & for me personally I don't game on the go that much (or even play my 3ds in doors that much) so I wouldn't be utilising a hybrid system to its full potential.

Also the design of such a device would have to be practical for taking out and about but it can't compromise the controls either as if one game can be played at home or when you're outside you wouldn't want the latter to suffer because the handheld part isn't up to the same standard.

Think of when you use a vita to remote play a ps4 game, it isn't nice to control is it? It's neat that it's possible but the games controls are never optimised well enough to be same experience.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 19:00

I I don't think those folk are Nintendos audience as look at the last traditional console the Cube it was okay saleswise but the GBA was Nintendos main market.

A more traditional console may sell better than the Wii U but better than a Handheld from Nintendo no way.

Also VITA would be fine if it had two more triggers, so if the NX was like a VITA but with enough triggers, that be fine.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 21:32

The Vita's biggest problem is the sticks for console gaming, the triggers are nice to have but you can't aim properly in any shooter ever...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 21:40

I had no issue with Resogun when it wasn't on VITA & used remote play but anyway I've we improved the sticks & put triggers on a VITA then that would be fine.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptySun 18 Oct 2015 - 23:48

I think when Andy said shooter he meant FPS games.

mas wrote:

I I don't think those folk are Nintendos audience as look at the last traditional console the Cube it was okay saleswise but the GBA was Nintendos main market.

It is though as I hear directly from people that they want to buy a Nintendo system but they are put off or confused by the controller, if the current rumours are to be believed then NX is headed the same way & it won't entice those customers one bit.

mas wrote:
A more traditional console may sell better than the Wii U but better than a Handheld from Nintendo no way.

A more traditional console is needed in my opinion to get them back on track and then maybe they can do something different with the next one, the NX just seems like a weird middle ground to me where if it bombs it will have no handheld to back it up.

---

All that will be less of an issue if NX is two devices (traditional console & handheld) that connect to each other & are sold separately or in a bundle.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 6:20

Having never owned a hybrid, I'm confused about how the games will work between the two versions of the system. Jas's mock-up suggests discs which, if GC disc-sized, could fit in a handheld... but it looks like they're CD-sized, which I don't think could fit in something I still want to put in my pocket. Are the games written to the handheld's HD? Will you get a disc and a cartridge, or cartridge equivalent when you buy the one game?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 10:36

I would imagine the machine is going to be built around digital distribution first and foremost. There will presumably be an option for disks/ cartridges/ who knows what, but I think that's on the way out. Nintendo are always screwed over for shelf space anyway, and most people are familiar with phone and tablet gaming these days.

Balladeer wrote:
The best way to aid that along, Mas, is not to make me feel like I have to say "okay fine, you win" to you when I do it.
Banter aside, let's leave alone. Game over. Matey's unlikely letting this internet forum overpower real musings about this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next