We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 19:47

That would be a great shout, Jay

I've not watched all the video and I do get what he's saying as it is nothing new but maybe someone has said something about it to Eurogamer and rest off the industry.

A few other questions I thought about for you guys.

How much would you pay / think the NX will be to help a SHIELD Portable is $199 and uses X1, a regular shield is $199 for 16gb and $299 for 500gb which both use X1. Now there is nothing with X2 on the market but it's close to a Xbox One in terms of power and they go from $250 (Phat 500GB) to $450 (Slim 2TB Limited Edition)?

I put in dollar dollar as I get actual prices for everything, now I did think the NX could be a expensive thing but now I'm leaning more towards the £250 mark.

The other question is, can Nintendo go back from a hybrid to a Home Console and a Handheld?

I think if the NX is a success then I'm going no we won't see a traditional systems again. Now if it flops, I'm not sure as all the teams are under one roof and suddenly you've got to split them up also what comes out first, if it's a home console does the NX still get support or is the handheld side dead for a year in till the next handheld comes out or vice-versa. The other thing as well is you go from I can buy a NX for £250 and does everything, then you want me in 5 years time by two things which are £200 & £300 each which would piss a lot of people off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 20:46

Beyond Good & Evil 2 confirmed for NX exclusive!!!

Whistle
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 21:00

Now you're just putting two and two together but that would sell me on a NX.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyThu 4 Aug 2016 - 11:53

We've got NX rumors from MCV, I'll give you see some extracts from the article as well as this link and my thoughts.

Nintendo are planning to have within the first 6 months Zelda, Mario which makes sense as 3D World is 3 years old this year and Pokemon which I'm iffy about but it maybe a spin-off or will be the 3rd version of S&M. As they don't want to have a dry spell like with the 3DS & Wii U after launch.

The following Sega, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Activision and Warner Bros already on-board with the NX, one of these is where I heard about the NX stuff before the eurogamer article.

MCV same source 100% confirms that the Eurogamer stuff is real about it being a machine that plugs into the TV.

Game graphics will be ‘somewhere between a PS3 and PS4’, with Nintendo targeting an audience that sits between smartphone gamers and the more hardcore users of PS4 and Xbox One.

“It’s a nice bit of kit, a bit of a novelty, but a good one,” said one exec that has got hands on with the machine. “It won’t appeal to PS4 fans. Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers. That’s going to be a big job for the marketing department.”

MCV have also talked to retailers who say this about the NX:

Every retailer surveyed says that a sub-£200 price tag will be ‘essential’ if Nintendo hopes to stage a comeback in the console market.

“The games industry sorely misses a strong Nintendo,” said one major buyer. “If the NX reports are true, I’m optimistic. But only if the machine is significantly cheaper than PS4 and Xbox One.”

Another retail boss added: “NX could be exactly what the market needs. A £150 to £200 price point would guarantee a far stronger start than either the Wii U or 3DS.”

They're you are guys, what we thinking and Nintendo's plans from this.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyThu 4 Aug 2016 - 12:50

They're right I think to say price really will be what makes or breaks the NX. It's all sounding very good and optimistic, I just hope Nintendo nail the pricing. £200+ would be a hard sell, £250+ would be a huge mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 16:44

This just went up from Miss Rodgers, if you are interested
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 19:31

ZeroJones wrote:
Spoiler:

The people (i.e. I) want Part Two Zero! Where's Part Two? DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 20:16

Did you not see #1, P&B? Tongue
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 20:34

This has gone beyond a gag!  We (again, I) demand Part 2!

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 Tumblr_inline_ntrv7vRh781t7hiz8_500

(Every one of those people is me.)
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 23:09

I'd forgotten about this *grabs torch* What do we want? 25 through 75! When do we want it? As soon as is convenient!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 15:45

We've got news, here is a link to a interview with Nintendo Life has up from the President of The Pokemon Company

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 21:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 19:09

It's not exactly new news though, is it? Laughing

*sits & waits for an official announcement from Nintendo*
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 19:25

At this stage, with news news hard to come by, I'll take that as a nice little titbit.

Alternative comment: Pokémon Eclipse for NX CONFIRMED! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 19:33

Hopefully Pokémon Go has taught Ninty and partners that every console Nintendo's on needs some kind of Pokémon, that's close to or mirrors the main series.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 21:29

The_Jaster wrote:
It's not exactly new news though, is it? Laughing

*sits & waits for an official announcement from Nintendo*

Well when the man running the Pokemon Company says The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device.

I'd thought that is some news and implies its a Hybrid.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 23:20

Well, Nintendo said this themselves a while ago that it was a new concept.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 13:01

Anyone remember UbiSoft saying this about the Wii U? Means as much as most of Finnegan's Wake.

Guillemot wrote:
We always take disruptions on the positive side. We think each time that it's an opportunity for our creators to take more risks.

Like hell. You want something you can port your existing games to with minimal risks.

Whatever, Nintendo need to make sure they get their communication right about this. Scrap the 'Wii' moniker and call it the Nintendo Handheld-Under-TV, or 'HUT' for short.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 13:32

I think that's a little harsh, they tried with the Wii U to a degree no other third party did. Zombi U in particular was built around the gamepad & originally so was Rayman. I've not tried the Rabbids game, but I'm assuming that was also built around the platform, even if it was likely shonky. Pretty sure Splinter Cell actually had some thought put into it too. They also didn't do any of the porting of old titles that EA went mad for, they were late with Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 3, but the latter was because of the Wii U's launch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 18:46

I agree with Andy. Ubisoft did try to give the Wii U more of a crack than most companies but got burned by its somewhat low install base. They're a business, after all, so if it's not going to be worth porting a game to the console - or even giving the task to a port house - they're not going to bother. I'm totally fine with that - and looking forward to Rayman Fantasies as a launch title on NX. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 19:15

I guess that's fair... but please, no. I don't want to know what the limbless wonder thinks about in the disabled loo at work. Shocked
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 19:52

Nintendo celebrates it's 127th birthday today, which is four years less than how long it feels like I've been waiting for the NX.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2016 - 11:02

I'm quite an Ubisoft fan, they often take risks and put out smaller more experimental games, or indie-like experiences. And as Andy said they did try a lot more than most with the WiiU.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2016 - 19:10

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 OR NOTHING!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2016 - 20:05

They tried with the Wii U, sure, in the same way I'll "try" to give a spider in my shower a chance to disappear by the end of it before I flush it down the drain.

Ports, delays, and delayed ports. I don't blame them for dropping the system, even Nintendo themselves have done so by the end. However they did the bare minimum. I'm with Balla on this, far as I'm concerned it's just the same hollow platitudes thrown out to avoid burning bridges in case the NX happens to be a success.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2016 - 21:08

Andy wrote:
Pretty sure Splinter Cell actually had some thought put into it too.

It did & I enjoyed it but whoever thought of/made those motion controlled drone sections needs a proper slap in the coupon.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I'm quite an Ubisoft fan, they often take risks and put out smaller more experimental games, or indie-like experiences. And as Andy said they did try a lot more than most with the WiiU.

Agreed. Big fan of what they do & if they continue to produce things like Rainbow 6 Siege that will only continue, oh I also like they aren't just bogged down with making "realistic" experiences they a broad range of games that appeals to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next