We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 11:13

Honestly I think the NX is going to be card based, that immediately resolves any and all issues regarding how it's going to be a portable and a console, as well as anything involving store space and so on.

Also I can't agree that physical is on the way out, microsoft tried to make some very aggressive and proactive attempts to do just that and the backlash over it was massive. Nintendo also cannot handle digital properly in their current state, and nothing they have done in recent times suggests they would handle digital properly or well.

True it would solve the issue of how the system handles game releases, but I feel it's an out of character solution for Nintendo and an avenue they won't go down.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 14:00

Athrun wrote:
Honestly I think the NX is going to be card based, that immediately resolves any and all issues regarding how it's going to be a portable and a console, as well as anything involving store space and so on.

Well, cartridges was the last big rumour going around about the NX & while that does solve part of the portable/console issue there's still the problem of how the games will be controlled.

For me it has to have the same exact same set up/inputs where ever you're using it, take that mock-up I posted for example can you imagine taking that screen controller outside with you? I can't because it just wouldn't be practical.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 14:19

I know that digital only would be a massive put off for me, especially with Nintendo's account system being as it is, I've lost far too many 3DS games down that route.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 15:26

I'm imagining the controller as somewhere between a Wii u and a vita, which is literally the same thing at home or on the go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 15:53

I think one of my biggest issues on the handheld controller side of it is that I've never found a handheld to be half as comfortable as a controller to hold, especially with how long my play sessions tend to be. I just won't want to play the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 16:20

Yeah there maybe be people that want a traditional console from Nintendo with bog standard controller but you say that will get them back on track but every console since the NES has sold worse with Cube the last traditional console only selling 20m & even being outsold by the new boys Xbox, hence why we had the blue ocean strategy which worked as we can see from the Wii being Nintendo's best selling console.  

Nintendo's home console sell an Avg of 46.3m where there handhelds Avg is 102.25m (81m if you count the VB & mini) With the 3DS being the worst selling at 54m and still going strong that only traditional console likely to outsold it is the NES.

That if I was a investor in Nintendo why would I want them to go back to a traditional console which might only sell GameCube Numbers, I wouldn't at all and what would make a Nintendo Big Black Box of Power a must buy over the competition nothing part from Nintendo games and when I can see from History that the market is handhelds, that's what I would be voting for or whatever.

Even Shuhei at EGX when asked about a VITA 2 said they can't compete against Mobile & Nintendo in the handheld space as that's where they dominated.

So to me it's got to be a Hybrid or the next blue ocean idea which none of us have thought of and does silly numbers.

On the NX's media, I think cartridges if the patent is true or close that it's SD card based then size isn't a issue as I can buy a 128gb card of amazon that Nintendo surely can buy in bulk what ever size they wish cheap.

If it was digital only then I definitely wouldn't be buying a NX, a Sub a month maybe but that's it.

On the controller I'm with with Drunka and Nintendo know how to make great controllers that I don't see that being a issue.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 17:48

mas wrote:
Nintendo's home console sell an Avg of 46.3m where there handhelds Avg is 102.25m (81m if you count the VB & mini) With the 3DS being the worst selling at 54m and still going strong that only traditional console likely to outsold it is the NES.

Not once did I or anyone else dispute what sold (handheld or console) better for Nintendo but the point is NX isn't looking like it will be a handheld so I don't quite get your point here.

mas wrote:
That if I was a investor in Nintendo why would I want them to go back to a traditional console which might only sell GameCube Numbers, I wouldn't at all and what would make a Nintendo Big Black Box of Power a must buy over the competition nothing part from Nintendo games and when I can see from History that the market is handhelds, that's what I would be voting for or whatever.

You are acting like Nintendo games aren't a massive draw for people, what would make it a must buy is spec wise it'd be on the same level as Sony & MS which means it should be able to get all the same multi format games meaning most would only need to buy one system rather than getting two.

Imagine for a second a Nintendo console that has your Mario, Zelda & Metroids but on top of that also has your CoD's, Batmans & Souls games etc. how is that not a must buy system?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 18:21

You were saying that Nintendo needs to go back to a traditional console, I'm pointing out why a Hybird makes more sense due how well Handhelds do in comparison to a console.

A few things about your point is history has told us people don't really buy 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles, just look at the Cube which had 3rd party & was same spec as the others none part from the odd ones did well and will the likes of EA bother nowadays porting over FIFA to sell 180k copies what FIFA 07 sold on Cube.

Second currently the PS4 & XBONE has a combined user base of about 40m (plus there is PC gamers) which will only grow which leaves how many people that we want to play those 3rd party games on a Nintendo system that can't already play them on something already.

And let's say it does get 3rd party & then sell well etc where are my friends playing are they all suddenly being playing COD on NX, no they'll still be playing it on PS4 or XBONE.

So my point again is why buy it part from Nintendo games, as why is it great to play COD on a NX instead of my PS4 part from being able to play it anywhere and to someone that hasn't bought a console yet would you buy a NX for X amount or one of the other two which you'd think will be far cheaper, your friends may have and 3 years worth of games & the almost guarantee of 3rd party games in the future.

Which brings me about to the hybrid and how it should focus not on getting COD on it but pushing it to the handheld buyers & what has sold the 3DS, DS etc by putting something like Pokemon out at launch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 21:48

The_Jaster wrote:
Not once did I or anyone else dispute what sold (handheld or console) better for Nintendo but the point is NX isn't looking like it will be a handheld so I don't quite get your point here.
Well it sounds like it will be a hybrid, with the logic being that will let them keep putting out home console quality stuff while shifting handheld numbers.

Quote :
Imagine for a second a Nintendo console that has your Mario, Zelda & Metroids but on top of that also has your CoD's, Batmans & Souls games etc. how is that not a must buy system?
I'm pretty sure that was the Gamecube, and it came third to Playstation and XBox. It isn't enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015 - 22:07

Pretty much Drunka , what Jas asking for actually sounds great but as were going to be 3 years deep into the gen if NX out next holiday then it's likely just another GameCube, where it needs to shift handheld numbers for Nintendo not there normal console numbers, if it's the likely hybrid or it needs to be something we've not seen before like the Wii.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 13:49

Fair enough, I guess I'm just not confident that they can explain clearly how a hybrid system works especially after the confusion over the wii U, also if their focus is to shift more towards their handheld strengths then sadly that only makes me less interested in the NX. Sulk

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 14:27

I'm still super sceptile that this is indeed going to be a hybrid. I can see this also being two versions, a portable and a console version. It's about time someone in the game industry started taking note of how PC games can be scaled in power for the hardware.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 14:29

The_Jaster wrote:
Fair enough, I guess I'm just not confident that they can explain clearly how a hybrid system works especially after the confusion over the wii U, also if their focus is to shift more towards their handheld strengths then sadly that only makes me less interested in the NX. Sulk

In till Monster Hunter 5
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 16:55

It is going to be extremely difficult for Nintendo to woo third parties towards any new console of theirs, handheld, home, or hybrid. If they have gone for powerful chips then they will likely lose the ability to be the cheap'n'cheerful console of the three. That the NX - whatever it is - will arrive partway through the generation will only compound the problem. Nintendo's own output has stuttered - for me, natch - since the move to HD, so they are no longer the top-notch developer they once were. This all spells one thing: DOOM.

This sort of situation is where the company is at its most dangerous. Whatever happens with the NX, I fully expect a lot of money to roll in from the company's mobile efforts and that should tide them over while they take stock of many, many things.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 18:30

Athrun888 wrote:
I'm still super sceptile

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 254___mega_sceptile_by_tails19950-d7ni566
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 18:44

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

In till Monster Hunter 5

That is a big weakness of mine as no matter where that game goes I shall buy the system it's exclusive to just to play it.

(side note: I want MHX out over here first though)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 18:48

That's my point though look at the games on the handheld, Monster Hunter will sell a NX in Japan, Pokemon will as well then ad the normal big Nintendo games like Kart, Smash, 3D Mario which have done well on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 22:56

It could be their best seller ever but it still wouldn't matter to me though because I'm just personally not that into handheld gaming, also any console/handheld doesn't have to sell well for it to validate my purchase.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 23:51

But likely you've said elsewhere you've put 200+hrs in to MH4U which is on a handheld that again the example of MH5 as said you would buy them system for and likely play hundreds of hours on it.

So doesn't it matter that the NX if a hybrid & likely more handheld focused if, you're getting that our of it.

On the sales, agree it's doesn't have to be a best seller to validate a purchase but in turn better it sales better the support from 3rd party and less likely to have a short lifecycle.

Just look at the Wii U sales dreadful, 3rd party support dreadful, looks like it's being replaced after 4 years. You might be happy with the first party stuff and the 4 years life you've got out of it but you have seen recently on here that not all of us have been.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 7:55

I think you're missing the fact that just because Monster Hunter might be a system that doesn't mean the system is worth getting excited for. Like Jas has said he's weak to MH and will buy it on anything. I know I'd prefer a proper console version to another handheld one. If I could play it with full PS4 graphics and on my number 1 system I'd be overjoyed.

I also still do not believe that a hybrid could produce that, I really don't see how a game can work as both a handheld game and then still crank out the big graphics on a console.

Regarding 3rd parties, I don't get it. It doesn't matter at this point whether or not they get them. They've already missed the boat for this gen, nobody is going to suddenly stop buying on the platforms that all their friends are already playing them on out of some silly fanboyish stubbornness. 3rd parties don't make exclusive game often enough for it to be an issue.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 8:35

That's what I've been saying Andy about what makes a NX special as like you say the 40m (plus PC) PS4ONE owners aren't suddenly going to stop buying 3rd party on the system they've already got.

Which brings me back to why buy a NX knowing it's only going to get Nintendo's games with maybe a few 3rd party games to start with like the Wii U of course this brings me back to the hybrid & handheld as the 3DS does get 3rd party.

Nowhere near the DS did but does still get them and likes of Monster Hunter due to how it sales on handhelds, that you would think number 5 would be a handheld game.

Do we want that just to have if all rumors are true then a hybrid, amd chips likely x86 and cartridge based system which most likely going towards what we know is main market.

No not really it seems from most of us no but I think were not who Nintendo are targeting they want the millions of people that go out and buy a 3DS just for Pokemon to buy a NX, what if it the graphics aren't the best as long as the games it does are good to play and make it worth buying the system for.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 18:58

mas wrote:
But likely you've said elsewhere you've put 200+hrs in to MH4U which is on a handheld that again the example of MH5 as said you would buy them system for and likely play hundreds of hours on it.

So doesn't it matter that the NX if a hybrid & likely more handheld focused if, you're getting that our of it.

andy wrote:
I think you're missing the fact that just because Monster Hunter might be a system that doesn't mean the system is worth getting excited for. Like Jas has said he's weak to MH and will buy it on anything. I know I'd prefer a proper console version to another handheld one.

Pretty much this.

Also I'd like to add that since MH4U came out in February this year I've played little else on my 3ds even though I have a few digital releases on
there untouched.

----

Quote :
Which brings me back to why buy a NX knowing it's only going to get Nintendo's games with maybe a few 3rd party games to start with like the Wii U of course this brings me back to the hybrid & handheld as the 3DS does get 3rd party.

I still think there's massive issues developers will have to overcome on a hybrid system like this, do you make a game designed for people on the go or a more cinematic experience for at home? As I can't see both being possible for one game & it not affecting the gameplay experience.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2015 - 18:10

I don't think the 3DS has the best of years but you would gather that's because of the whole NX and winding down a bit part from the bigger hitters like MHX in Japan where 3DS rules.

Here's a question maybe for Balla, if it's a hybird where are we going to talk about it's games etc, will it have it's own section NX or will Nintendo become one like they are doing it seems.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2015 - 19:52

I imagine that it'll get its own forum, if it doesn't end up fitting neatly in either the 'home console' or 'handheld' forum. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2015 - 22:43

The Hybrid forum, which also includes chat about the Toyota Prius.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next