We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 21:17

NX Reveal (Parody)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 9:58

Double Post

I know Jas has said before about if the NX is a hybrid and fails, Nintendo don't have anything to fall back-on like this gen Wii U in terms of sells has been rubbish but Nintendo have had the 3DS to fall back on & lately amiibo.

Zero said about mobile, with the recent investor meetings one thing came out of it which might be worrying also that thing to fall back with mobile as Nintendo from meeting want there mobile venture to generated more then during the Wii & DS in the next 3 years.

That if NX fails and Mobile is great, then Nintendo as business is fine (they would be fine anyway) but would that maybe force Nintendo in to more like Konmai.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 6:41

As in, Nintendo go software only? If that happens, they'd probably support Sony, as a fellow Japanese company. I foresee a merger, which would turn Nintendo into Sony's software division, under the name Sonendo. Nintendo's hardware division doesn't completely shut up shop, though, but is more purely absorbed - it results in the Sony DSP handheld console in 2020.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 7:02

I took that serious up to the merger point,, but yeah would they go software only, if they see that they can make money with out needing to make a system and likely more money as well.

Lots like Pach have said for years they should become a software company and we've all laughed but now Nintendo may see the benefits first hand.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 7:27

The Nintendo message has always been 'our own software on our own hardware'. That is clearly breaking down somewhat - or will in March 2016, or whenever Miitomo is delayed to next - but I doubt we'll see Nintendo go software-only in the next six years. As I've already mentioned, I suspect they'll use mobile revenue to prop up consoles for a little while longer. And I don't see why Nintendo and Sony wouldn't merge (or Nintendo be bought out), if it came to that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 13:11

Mergers between Japanese companies, even ones once considered bitter rivals, are pretty common. A Japanese company will always refer to join another rather than an American one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 17:05

Zero wrote:
The Nintendo message has always been 'our own software on our own hardware'.

This.

Nintendo always tend to use their hardware to drive the type of software they make, both are always closely linked to each other so for me a Software only Nintendo is a different beast to the Nintendo we have now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 17:40

But they aren't doing that message any more Jas, and the president is hoping mobile does better then DS & Wii years in terms of revenue that they may see software only as there future especially if the NX were to flop. Also if they made for let's say the PS5, wouldn't it be like the GameCube era as that was a rather basic system and is one of the best systems.

On the merger thing, Nintendo even if the NX failed and they see software as the future, if mobile does as well as they hope aren't in a dire state to go we want to become second party for you Sony. Not even SEGA did that, they may of done deals but they were in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 21:54

I wouldn't say it's as clear cut as that, mobile games are different step for them sure but all the time they have reiterated that dedicated consoles/handhelds will remain the biggest part of their business.

So it's basically what Zero said here:

Zero wrote:
I suspect they'll use mobile revenue to prop up consoles for a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 21:59

It's a wait and see thing, really.

I don't want the NX to flop and Mobile to be Nintendo's main thing as just look at Konami now but these things could happen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 22:09

I am aware of that but pigs could fly & David Cameron could spend the entire UK budget finding a way for him to be on an even level with them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyMon 2 Nov 2015 - 22:20

This is a more likely scenario especially with the president of Nintendo saying they want Mobile to be as Wii & DS era.

20+ years ago people would of said you were mad to say SEGA wouldn't be in the hardware space and sonic appearing on a Nintendo system but it happened.

In 20 years time we could be playing Mario on the Apple Holodeck.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 16:34

Laughing I was agreeing to a point about it being wait & see thing hence my ridiculous comment.

mas wrote:
20+ years ago people would of said you were mad to say SEGA wouldn't be in the hardware space and sonic appearing on a Nintendo system but it happened.

This SEGA comparison keeps popping up (wii U being a dreamcast etc) and I just don't get it as SEGA were in a much bigger mess way before dreamcast flopped, sure, no one expected them going software only but the writing was on the wall for them just no one could see it at the time.

Nintendo as you yourself have pointed out have the success of handhelds (& now amiibo) to help them through weak console sales, which is another reason why I'd doubt they'd go software only. Of course it's all still speculation as we still don't even officially know what the NX is but you still seem to be talking about it like it's a cut & dried scenario.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 16:49

I'm not saying it might happen tomorrow more in let's 2022, and the NX may come out and sale boat loads and mobile may flop for Nintendo that it isn't a cut & dry scenario.

But when shares go up to record highs when Nintendo going mobile was announced, yes they have dropped dramatically since miitomo was announced by $4 billion of the value of the company but seems investors want mobile or care about that more then anything and then the president going that in the next 3 years that they hope that revenue is bigger then Wii & DS era, it does make you worried of what direction Nintendo could be going. Especially if you see Konami okay there not big as Nintendo but they just had a game sale over 5m SKU's and two maybe best of the year in terms of quality, yet there going towards mobile & slot machines that if the NX were to flop and make two consoles in a row for Nintendo would that make them think otherwise.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 16:57

Laughing That's a shit load of "Ifs" though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 19:01

Investors are also idiots and shouldn't be given the slightest attention imo. Mobile can and should be factored in to Nintendo's marketing strategy, but it is not even close to the direction they should go for their major games. Investors would also be in for a rude awakening when they learned the hard way that the reason Nintendo's franchises command the prestige they do is because of the quality they are built with that is only possible on a proper gaming platform. If the quality of their games were to substantially drop Nintendo would very quickly fade in to the same obscure hole Sega fell in to over ten years ago, and I doubt very much those same investors would be happy with that.

I can safely say one thing, if Nintendo were to do what the investors want them to do they would never again achieve the same sort of success they reached during the Wii / DS era. Mobile is a quick cash cow gravy train, Nintendo has endured through the ages specifically because they have resisted the temptation of quick easy but very finite money.

In all honesty I think Nintendo is positioning themselves for the NX perfectly right now with the amiibo arm and the mobile arm, but they've absolutely got to sort out their biggest problem: marketing. They cannot do what they did with the Wii U again, making their product so poorly defined it left even myself scratching my head after its E3 reveal and unable to tell if it was a new system or some kind of expansion pack to the Wii.

While I don't think Nintendo is in any way in trouble right now, if they repeat that again then, yes, they will be in very serious trouble.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 19:19

It is loads of ifs, Jas but what you said about being worried about the NX if a hybrid and fails as there no handheld like with 3DS propping up the Wii U.

Then Zero saying mobile could do that and then the president comes out and go we hope mobile does better than Wii & DS in terms of revenue.

Which brought my random thought.

@Athrun investor's can be idiots but Nintendo are business at the end of the day and you say they won't reach the highest of Wii & DS but that's what they want from mobile in the next 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 10:46

Good of you, Capcom. Honestly, if you didn't produce the Ace Attorney series...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 11:01

EA said a similar thing which may be a similar situation to the Wii U that if NX doesn't take off we don't get3rd party, if it does we do get 3rd party unless the system is so much like a PS4 or ONE that like the Cube era that it's relatively easy to port over and not needing to sell many copies but if NX is hybrid it may be harder.

They touch on PlayStation VR as well we know they got tech demos like The Kitchen for it and the core Resident Evil team has been looking into PSVR but that's in a similar boat as well as Ubisoft said ages ago they will support it but it needs to have a install base of like over 1m which to me is a bit of catch 22 that if they put there games on it may help it sell but they won't in till it sells and same it may be for NX.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 11:15

I don't know if any of you have seen NLife's piece on the NX after some analyst did some analyzing, they make some strong points.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 13:17

I got to the third paragraph before..... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 15:38

I barely got past the third word...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 15:43

Summary: share prices are ridiculous, driven by short-term sentiment, and not a guide to anything.

Tell me something I didn't know.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 16:40

The_Jaster wrote:
I got to the third paragraph before..... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

I read the whole thing but it was a struggle. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 9:11

I'm the winner - I just scrolled down past the whole article and read the comments Very Happy When I saw that there was a graph about share prices, it smacked of padding; Nintendo have a butt-ton of money in the bank; yes it would be nice if the shares were expensive, but shares in everything are all over the place at the moment. And anyway, I want the NX to be good because I want to play good videogames.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next