We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 10:10

Share prices are all over the place because that's what share prices do.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 10:43

And I quote  
GFK, who is a client of Nintendo, has produced a survey and there’s the possibility that it has leaked some details about the upcoming Nintendo NX platform.

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 CZK7oYAWAAEBrhh
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 11:20

Sensor bar? Really?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 11:29

Makes me think it may be backwards compatible with the Wii & Wii U which I think they should just kill and start a fresh.

Also there's other news saying that the base console will be out this holiday season and the portable will come out in 2017 to replace the 3DS and both will play the same games and link up some how which may explain why only 900p as that might be the most they get from a portable if games have to work on both.

And there was patent that the NX would some how work with other things including the PS4 as it could uses it power some how to power the NX.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 12:28

Quote :
Also there's other news saying that the base console will be out this holiday season and the portable will come out in 2017 to replace the 3DS

A hybrid system that you have to buy two separate times? That is is beyond madness & knowing how Nintendo goes about things it would only create confusion.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 12:31

There going the iOS route I would think and the home system is the iPad and the portable is the iPhone.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 12:43

I don't see how that's even the same thing, also the point is that everyone has been saying the hybrid idea is being done so they can combine the efforts of their console and handheld divisions & if this rumour is to be believed (which I highly doubt) then staggering the releases doesn't properly do that.

It instantly creates a split of people only wanting one device and not both.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 12:51

The games would work on both though that they are combing there efforts from a software stand point and I prefer home consoles that I would buy the home NX where Balla may prefer portable gaming and buys the portable NX but were still going to be playing the same games.

Having them at different times though is a bit iffy but maybe they think some will double dip and spend money on both and buy one this year and one next.

Only thing I can really take away from any of this and all the rumors we've heard is there's a home system & portable but how they connect, sold, play games is what we don't know.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 16:22

I know the games would work on both but when Nintendo are trying to capture a bigger audience for home consoles selling 2 devices at different times that'd be cross platform would be a massive mistake in my book not to mention it wouldn't be a proper hybrid because both wouldn't be essential to experience.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 16:48

Two separate consoles, one a traditional home console and one a handheld, both running the same 'NX' OS and sharing a library of games would make a /lot/ of sense if you ask me. The public already understands this model (it's how iOS and Android machines all work with apps and games compatible across a wide range of phone and tablet models) so I doubt it would cause any confusion.

Instead it gives Nintendo the opportunity to market the different models at different audiences, with the console providing a cheaper alternative that is appealing to the more casual market, and the handheld model (which would be more expensive due to the smaller parts needed + screen + battery etc.) would be easier to market as the most powerful handheld available, which would be more suited to the more hardcore gamer market due to not being in direct competition with the PS4 and XBONE as well as supplanting the 3DS as Nintendo's handheld device. A shared OS would allow Nintendo to create a much stronger library of games for the NX as they wouldn't have their development split over two separate consoles - imagine if all 3DS games were also playable on WiiU and how much of a better position the WiiU would be in because of it.

My hope of course would be that both would be released at the same time, and I would definitely lean towards the handheld option, especially if it still came with the ability to be plugged into a TV for console gaming (that's a dream though).
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 18:41

I'm thinking the other way around to you OR that the console is for the hardcore Nintendo fan and the portable is the kids who just play Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 19:32

I think the hardcore Nintendo fan would be happy with either (or quite possibly both). In terms of the hardcore /non/ Nintendo fan though, who will already own a PS4 or XBONE, persuading them to buy another console would seem like a harder sell than selling them on a handheld console which isn't in direct competition. Obviously Nintendo handhelds also have the kids angle - when I suggest the console as the possible casual alternative, I do so thinking of the wii playerbase who would be more likely to be drawn in to a console due to the a) lower cost and b) living room TV experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 19:41

Speaking as a hardcore Ninty fan, I definitely wouldn't be happy with "either"! If there's no home console-like option I'll be very sad.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 20:27

Sensor bar? Blegh, can we move on from the silly controller shenanigans already Nintendo? Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 20:56

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I think the hardcore Nintendo fan would be happy with either (or quite possibly both). In terms of the hardcore /non/ Nintendo fan though, who will already own a PS4 or XBONE, persuading them to buy another console would seem like a harder sell than selling them on a handheld console which isn't in direct competition. Obviously Nintendo handhelds also have the kids angle - when I suggest the console as the possible casual alternative, I do so thinking of the wii playerbase who would be more likely to be drawn in to a console due to the a) lower cost and b) living room TV experience.

But I think the hardcore fans will buy a console NX and have the one of the other systems in most cases as you only buy a Nintendo console really for Nintendo games.

Where the kids go portable NX also I think the Wii casual player has moved on to mobile etc and the ones that did stick with games lets say a 8 year old kid in 2006 is now 18 and likely has a PS4 or ONE like there mates.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:41

'Til you guys had this last combination, I never thought that the system might just be two pieces of hardware that run the same spec. software.
That's... not the worst idea in the world...

But to be honest, that latest piece of "info" still really says "it plays video games we think". Let's just wait and see.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 1:11

masofdas wrote:
I'm thinking the other way around to you OR that the console is for the hardcore Nintendo fan and the portable is the kids who just play Pokemon.  

So hang on, why does the home console have to be for the "hardcore fans"? Why does the handheld have to be for the "kids"? If this new system is going to share what ever then they both should be for the "hardcore" Nintendo fan.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 7:08

I just feel something innovative (ish) this way comes but, if anything, it's closer to a handheld. The idea of a console that's primarily a handheld that you could also plug into your TV is an intriguing one.

As long as the handheld/handheld bit can still collect StreetPass hits, I'll be happy. It's still totally unlikely for me to get one on launch. Aww!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 13:25

I would love a hybrid, particularly as it potentially builds on the Wii-U streaming technology they developed for the Gamepad. What would a successor to the 3DS be anyway, considering the 3DS/new 3DS is receiving games like Hyrule Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles? A portable Wii-U.

The problem for myself is that I was looking to save for a PS4 this year. If the NX is revealed at E3, that may well sway me. Imagine there are quite a few looking to get a PS4 as it drifts nearer the £200 mark, so it's a very important year, considering it is barely mid-generation.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 15:13

shanks wrote:
masofdas wrote:

So hang on, why does the home console have to be for the "hardcore fans"? Why does the handheld have to be for the "kids"? If this new system is going to share what ever then they both should be for the "hardcore" Nintendo fan.

I think most of us would sooner sit on a sofa and play a game on a TV but little Jimmy (look at 2DS sales when Pokemon came out) would be happy playing on the go, the games would be for everyone like always and rightly so but just look at the sales of the Wii U & 3DS there's clearly a crowd of people there who buy Nintendos handhelds but don't buy there consoles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 16:10

Want details of a NX Nindie of course you do
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 16:23

Well, we know the NX is at least more powerful than 3DS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 11:09

Well well the NX rumors keep coming, are we getting SMASH at launch along with other games from Bandai Namco and from Nintendo Life:

Macronix is an international tech company that primarily focuses on 'Non-Volatile Memory' such as ROM and Flash. Evidently, the company has a history with Nintendo's portable line of products, having produced memory hardware for DS and 3DS game cartridges. At a recent quarterly results conference call, CY Lu – the company's president – announced that the company will be providing products to the NX and that the console will be launching this year. Here's a translation of the information, courtesy of a NeoGAF member:

Prestigious Japanese videogame console maker Nintendo will launch a new console called NX this year. General Manager of Macronix, CY Lu, said Macronix will provide products for NX and that Macronix has considerable expectations to NX.

In the afternoon, Macronix had held an online conference for investors. As Nintendo is going to launch new console NX this year, investors concern about if Macronix, which have a long-term cooperative relationship with Nintendo, is still part of NX's supply chain.

CY Lu said Macronix will supply memory slots for NX, and that the company has considerable expectation to NX.

Even though CY Lu declined to comment whether the supplied products are ROM, he said he expects ROM sales this year will be exceptional.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 15:12

Smash at launch seems a bit... soon. We're only just winding down the final DLCs for Smash 4 - Unless they're bringing out a "complete" bundle with all the DLC for the NX launch, although I'd have little interest in that as I've already bought the character DLCs on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 15:16

That is the main rumor that it will a complete edition at launch for NX, which makes sense wanting the game on the NX as SMASH is one of the few games in major spotlight with being at EVO for instance which could be carried on even when the NX is out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next